Best Diesel Supply

AutoJack

Reaction score
Of all suppliers, which retailer has the best quality diesel with at least 51 CN?

Lol , were completely in the dark here as cetane number isn't disclosed with diesel fuel , hense the marketing con with so called v power and ultimate derv .

AFAIK all diesel fuel sold in the EU has to meet EN590. If you look on the pumps you will usually see a label with this on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EN_590
This typically has a minimum Cetane number of 51.
However this time of the year they are selling winter diesel which has a lower Cetane number typically 49.
The performance diesels do seem to make my car run better and I do use them when running on the 1/4 mile or on a track.
Usually Shell V-power or BP Ultimate are the best performing fuels.

Reactions: AutoJack
I think V-power and BP are somewhere around 56-58 Cetane rating. Because they are produced differently to normal diesel I think the cloud point of the normal fuel is similar to winter diesel so they use the same fuel year round in the UK.

If you can post up the 56-58 cetane number in some creditable information , ta .

Many users about for many years .

You are adding to diesel fuel , lubrication for the pump , detergents to keep the fuel system clean and a base oil that is designed to be burned with petrol , so it's more combustible than diesel so this will raise the Cetane number .

I use Bardahl b10 fuel additive for diesel. It does help with lubrication and fuel consumption, but I still see the difference when adding it to the normal shell diesel. I get more miles out of the full tank and engine runs better.