Best dash cam memory card.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So the parents have just bought me a nextbase 512gw dash cam and I'm looking at buying a memory card for it

From what I can tell from Google a standard microsd card wont cut it, it'l justbdie after a few months, bit what Google doesn't really say is what the best memory cards to buy are.

Any recommendations? Looking for around 64gb as I'll be buying the rear attachement camera for it when it' released next year.

Thanks chaps.

Ooh and memory Christmas to you all.

Gimme a bit and I’ll get the link for one of the best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dani_B19
Cheers Carl. Looking at 64gb if it helps.

Nothing showing JU.

Just go for a high endurance one as they are made for the constant write/rewriting to flash memory and are designed for dashcams

Go for a decent brand (Lexar, Kingston, crucial etc) and at least class 10 (or u1 or higher, which are faster).

Get it from a reputable place as well, there are a lot of fakes about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right I'm going to go for the san disk 64gb high endurance card.

No point going for a standard erg as the 512gw records quad hd not to mention from next year they'l be releasing the add on rear camera, this combined with a daily drive to and from work will destroy a standard TLC based card, the high endurance one is MLC so should easily cope with the cameras.

The only thing that worries me is the write speed of the same disk, it's only 20mb/s and the 512gs records at 30fps when at quad hd but I think it should be fine!

Gaz any thoughts? Your a clued up guy?

Full 1080p on both front and rear with 9.5Mbps bitrate on the front camera, with mono 48kHz audio at 728Kbps and the rear-view camera is attached which it is the footage from this is captured at a lower 8Mbps, with a further addition of mono audio at the same data rate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk