1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DA polisher kit for a starter

Kayobong Oct 27, 2018

1. Kayobong

Kayobong Active Member Team Monsoon TDi Audi A3

So I've got quite a few swirls and a couple of scratches on my car and thought it's about time to pick up a DA polisher and since my birthday is coming up I thought I'd treat myself. I'd like a kit that comes with pads and compounds so I'm all set to go right off the bat. Looking for something under £150 which is able to do things like bumper and lights if possible, I've found this kit (https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-v2-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit-1) and it looks to be alright but I'm not sure if its any good or not, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn An Old Jock

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Adam14 and Kayobong like this.
  4. Kayobong

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely be adding this to my shortlist.

5. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Kayobong likes this.
  6. Kayobong

jassyo06 likes this.
  7. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Dont add it to a list mate just buy it, because for £195 you wont get any better and it'll last and last the Das6 pro plus with a 15mm throw is the best/cheapest dual action polisher you can buy.....cheaper/inferior ones wont give the same results,the polisher in the link above only has a 9mm throw,so it will take far more time to get anywhere near the same results with a machine with a 15mm throw...the longer the throw the quicker/more aggressive the machine will cut/polish the paint....and time really does matter when you have a machine polisher in your mitts

Kayobong likes this.
  8. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 DSG

Any tips / videos you'd recommend for a complete novice Jassy? Wanna give it a go but don't wanna mess things up on my first attempt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jassyo06 likes this.
  9. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

Kayobong and Adam14 like this.
  10. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 DSG

jassyo06 and Bristle Hound like this.
  11. jassyo06

The DAS 6 Pro plus was in a comparison test with the Flex XFE 7 - 15 150 and the Rupes Mk11 lhr 15es it produced the same results as the Flex and Rupes which are more than twice the price of the DAS 6 Pro plus, a machine with a 15 mm throw will correct more surface area faster than a machine with a smaller throw mate videos

Kayobong and Adam14 like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. jassyo06

14. jassyo06

15. jassyo06

Nothing to do with money mate or being elites, it's to do with using the machines themselves, l have purchased/used 5 different machines this year, l have used the DAS 6 Pro it's not the best nor the worst but its a very old design and it's not as easy to use as the pro plus version nor will it deliver the same results as the pro plus but for a extra £50 or 3 bottles of quick detailing sprays, it's a must have £50 is well worth it, the only reason l sold my Das 6 Pro plus was because of the resonance/noise from it hurt my ears as I am prone to ear infections otherwise l would still have it the Flex machine polishers are quieter

16. pxr5

pxr5 Active Member Team Mythos TDi A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro S-line owners group

There is always forced drive DAs too, like the Vertool. You don't have to worry about the spin stopping with over pressure. I used a standard DA for a while and it would stop with the minimum amount of pressure (hence the black line method). Now I use a force drive. Best of both worlds from rotary/DA.

17. jassyo06

If you stalled a dual action polisher it was because either through improper use or it was a cheap one with low torque the forced rotation polishers are not for beginners

T-800 likes this.
  18. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

@jassyo06 - Was only pulling yours and other chains buddy
    Don't say you've gone all sensitive on me while I've been away ... lol

jassyo06 likes this.
  19. jassyo06

Sensitivity..... not in my personality so the Mrs says lol hindsight l probably have over spent on polishers but hey I've always been called impulsive says the Mrs lol

Bristle Hound likes this.
  20. Taxboy

Taxboy Active Member

Jassy I'm in the same postion as the OP in considering a polisher. I have read that the Pro Plus may not be the best for a beginner as you can't fit smaller size backing plates so would need another polisher for these areas.

Could you offer any guidance of what sort of areas you couldn't use the Pro Plus for or is what I've read not totally correct

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

jassyo06 and Kayobong like this.
  21. jassyo06

The DAS 6 Pro plus is the best budget polisher on the market it can access most parts of the car door mirrors even you'll polish 80 % of a car properly and quicker than with a das 6 Pro, ideally you should team the DAS 6 Pro plus with a small 3 inch dual action polisher later on to complete the ideal combo

Kayobong and Taxboy like this.
  22. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn An Old Jock

Try a watch of this guy's you tube channel ( John ) for DAS Pro Plus - or search Forensic Detailing Channel

Adam14 likes this.