Best coilovers for 8P

B

Boydie

hey guys

I am going to ask a guy today about coilover prices and just wondering from you guys what do you think is the best coilover set up for the 8P?

i had spax rsx coilovers in my clio which imo was a big waste of money :sob:

a few of my mates have been raving on about FK

originally i wanted FK for the clio but couldnt get them so i know a bit about them

would highsports be enough or should i fork out for the silverline or silverline x?

i dont want the A3 to be any harder than it already is so should i go for a set of dampening adjustables?

also looking at the eibach kit that awesomegti supplies?

and also considering KW coilovers...

what are your experiences?

dont KW have variant 1 2 or 3? same as FK?

main pro's and con's for KW and FK

all i know is KW are much more expensive than FK

I just had the KW v2 fitted to my S line and the ride quality is actually better than before. They cost me £800 and are worth every penny

Picture195.jpg

I'd go for the Kw's with the stainless steel contruction so they don't seize!

I had KW's on my Polo and after about 2yrs they seized even though i lube them up every few mths, stainless steel will be the way to go

some damper adjustable babies as well!

well thats why im asking about both FK and KW

the FK's do stainless steel too and both height and dampening adjustable

FK's are cheaper and do the same job

but ill def look into KW's

Cost no object, KWs may be the best street coilover choice: spring rates are low, dampening is firm. That combo makes for a decent ride and excellent control.

Will you use the independent adjustability offered by the V3s? If so then by all means buy those, but if not, V2s are already great items.

Another great c/o is Bilstein's PSS9. However, it is a more "nervous" setup, with very high initial damping rate, which is typical of high-pressure gas dampers.

Also, a simple spring and shock swap does wonders, and Koni's FSDs are a great choice...

nah i want adjustable suspension because i havent decided on what wheels to go for - plus i liked the lowered, euro look!

i was in my local motor store yesterday - i can get FK highsports for £430 and silverline's for £560

basically the same as KW v1 and v2

going by his advice and friends with FK's - KW are more or less the same and often buy parts from FK because FK sell so many coilovers

the owner was telling me he used to shift maybe 2 sets of coilovers a month about a year ago - now its more than likely 1 a day!!

think i will go for FK but trying to decide wether to go for the normal highsport or the stainless silverlines

i asked about seizing and out of all the ones he has sold over the past year the only problems with fk he has had was with the ones we were trying to get for my clio!!