1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best car wax for scuba blue?

TomL83 Aug 6, 2014

1. TomL83

TomL83 Active Member

What's the best wax to get for my scuba blue A3 sportback.

Seen dodo juice purple haze which is a soft wax or there's dodo juice blue velvet which is a hard wax. There's so much choice and I don't know what to get.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Plenty info in the stickies from polished bliss with regards wax etc and lots of threads to have a read of.
    Lots of good reviews of dodo juice wax around.
    One thing il tell you is there is not such a thing as the best wax ... You will get bored or read somewhere else and try another one soon enough lol

4. TomL83

TomL83 Active Member

Yeh Iv been reading through previous threads. Still lots of info to digest. A friend has just recommended Autosmart wax so I'm looking into that now.

5. RobbieWebs

RobbieWebs Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Welshquattro likes this.
  6. manor13

manor13 Active Member

the AS wax smells nice very easy to use as well, i think i have everything they have valeting wise lol.

RobbieWebs and Welshquattro like this.
  7. 2.8 30v

2.8 30v Member

I use a lot of dodo juice stuff with great results,you can buy small panel pots of their wax's to try you can get about 6-7 coats of wax per pot as you don't need to use a lot of it as it goes on very well

jassyo06 likes this.
  8. Welshquattro

Welshquattro Active Member Team Mauritius Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

+1 for Angelwax and Brodster. He's very helpful and can give you some advice. I have a Mauritius blue A4 and find Angelwax desirable works really well on it.

9. TomL83

TomL83 Active Member

Yeh Iv seen those small pots and might get a couple to try out the different waxes

10. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

If you dare Tom, venture on here -

Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.

You'll get all the answers you want & much much more there. Just don't blame me if it empties your bank account lol

Some bargains here too
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/224567-amazon-uk-selling-cheap-auto-finesse-products.html

TBH its more about the prep work than the wax you use

11. TomL83

TomL83 Active Member

Bank account is already empty as Iv just had to buy a new oven so a little pot of dodo juice wax when I get paid is about all I can afford at the moment.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Welshquattro

Welshquattro Active Member Team Mauritius Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Dodo juice panel pots are a good start! As said its more to do with the prep work than the wax.

14. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team V8 Audi RS4 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

Angelwax Dark Angel (£35) or go the whole hog with the amazing Angelwax Desirable (£60)

Both waxes are amazing and you'll get free postage, CarPro Boa MF cloth and applicator from me. My wifes old car was Scuba Blue and after it had been blitzed by me the paint work was like a pond. (her description not mine......lol)

Welshquattro likes this.
  15. Welshquattro

Where abouts in South Wales are you?

16. Raul_Breganzo

Raul_Breganzo Member

What about Bilt Hamper waxes or just the standard/cheap n cheerful Simoniz?

17. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Dodo juice Purple Haze,Dodo Juice Blue Velvet specifically for blue paints....used purple haze on my Sepang S3 and R222 and if your budget allow's go for Autoglym UHD wax