best car before your Audi?

'02 CL600, nearly cost me my marriage a few years back.
cl600-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first post got my car end of oct, this was my old car, had four of them, (black one on the right).

n741655095_7325029_7719043.jpg

This is my current car.

12112011474.jpg

car i miss most before i got the a3 1.8T was my little corsa C. lowered. stripped rear. camo roof and pillars. white SXI alloys. straight through exhaust, SRi spoiler Sri lower grille. custom front splitter. fully colour coded. de-badged and de-rubstripped. SRi brakes. all work done by me
PICT0408.jpg

PICT0344.jpg

This is the best car i have ever had, a BMW 335I, had to sell it due to having a brain tumour that kept me off work for 14months. Have a 2004 Cupra R at the moment, but i am looking at a A4 2.0T SLine SE this week.

P1000724.jpg

P1000721.jpg

P1000723.jpg

Last edited:
My Corsa GSi.

Blood sweat and tears went into this over five/six years. Only bought the S3 as I wanted something more grown up to use as a daily drive.

Couple of months before it was about to get the 2L pulled out for a turbo motor it got towed off the drive and never seen again.

corsapicsnewbo019.jpg

Picture049-vi.jpg

Also had one of these in red ! so much fun to drive & handled great once lowered. Only downside was the engine was a nightmare so many problems with it.

PICT0344.jpg

That is the worst, most dangerous and outright stupid harness I have ever seen. I would rather wear a standard seatbelt than a harness secured at that angle, especially in a standard seat.

At that angle I would put money on a broken neck/back in any sort of notable accident.

My 356 Speedster, and I still have her to play with on sunny days :thumbsup:

Speedster.jpg

In fact I delayed buying my S3 by 3 years to get the Speedster first, so from that you can work out that my S3 is only #2 in my car list.

words cant describe this motor!! that is stunning mate, i do like those.

well jelous ha ha

sorry about poor picture, its all i have of her :-( boo hoo

CLICK ME!!

Phase 2 Clio 1.8 16valve, had the F7R engine and gearbox (williams 2.0) installed, Decat, chipped, induction and exhaust. on coilovers with Ronal Turbo 15x7 rims. it had williams gauges inside aswell.

This car was sooooo much fun the williams engine had bags of torque, and sounded great, although it probably only ran about 165-70 bhp (never had it on a dyno) it delivered it very well and would keep up with the usual traffic light grand prix suspects lol.

And it was the cars ability to make you want to hoon it everywhere that cost me my lisence, it was myself a mate in a punto GT and another lad in a integra type R having a 'blag' on a 40mph dual carrige way, we let rip and i was begining to pull ahead at about 80mph, then blue lights in the mirror and mr traffic officer in his Mondy ST pull us.

3 months later i was in court with my mate and the type r driver, we got 12 month ban, extended retest and 150 hours community service!! let that be a lesson to you all ha ha.

anyway sold the clio to my mate (worst day of my life)

I had a couple of cars before the S3 and the best was a C32 AMG. That supercharged V6 was awsome with 350 bhp stock!
I like amg's and the one keeping me away a bit from my S3 is a very rare 300E W124 orginal AMG with the 3.4 liter AMG engine.
looks pretty much like this

5234672344_43c394cf72.jpg

5234079907_4f305444f8.jpg

lol but its not that shiny

Ok I have 2 favourites..

First up was my corsa gsi, it was a truly awesome car.. Light as a feather with a 2.0 16v pumping out 176bhp on the rollers.

f548b7fc.jpg

5d0b5681.jpg

2eebd854.jpg

315eb3bd.jpg

16b72221.jpg

2db26182.jpg

Next was my Astra mk3 gsi. I loved that car but the dreaded tin worm ate it in less than a year.

ec1b1858.jpg

c197e6c5.jpg

a5175e24.jpg

Needless to say I loved my red top (c20xe) vauxhalls :)

Well I'm gonna continue with the foul language, and say this.....

shiney1jpeg.jpg

shiney3jpeg.jpg

Mapped by Courtenay Sport in Norfolk to 300bhp/400lbft. Great in a straight line :icon_thumright:

Ive had a few so its hard to choose but It would have to be one of these four !

1990 R32 GTR - 643bhp
IMG_0070.jpg

1999 Evo 6 - 396bhp
S6300081Resized.jpg

2006 Evo 9 FQ340 - 378bhp
IMG_0010.jpg

1992 RX7 - 360bhp
3843229510_fdb8fae7ee_b2.jpg

Jeez, how many ex Vauxhall owners????

I got off lightly with the SEAT!

Never owned outside VAG in 21 years of driving.

Never owned outside of Vauxhall before now, and never ever had a jot of bother off any of them. Not one has let me down. Nothing wrong with Vauxhalls.

Jeez, how many ex Vauxhall owners????

I got off lightly with the SEAT!

Never owned outside VAG in 21 years of driving.
Me too, first car purchased in 1994 was a VW Polo, then in 1997 my Seat Ibiza, in 2001 my Chesil Speedster (Beetle underneath), in 2004 my S3, and in 2010 my Seat Cordoba. Still own the last 3.

By my reckoning it's probably a Skoda next.

#
Ive had a few so its hard to choose but It would have to be one of these four !

1990 R32 GTR - 643bhp
IMG_0070.jpg

1999 Evo 6 - 396bhp
S6300081Resized.jpg

2006 Evo 9 FQ340 - 378bhp
IMG_0010.jpg

1992 RX7 - 360bhp
3843229510_fdb8fae7ee_b2.jpg

Love the 6, last of the best shape in my eyes. I fancy a 5 but the wife won't have chav car as she calls it sat in the drive, she hated the RA.

Never owned outside of Vauxhall before now, and never ever had a jot of bother off any of them. Not one has let me down. Nothing wrong with Vauxhalls.

I think they make some decent cars, just observational as I know what it's like on here for non Audi!

DSC00581.jpg

Had to be the above.. 320bhp RST..

So fun to drive and a lil scary sometimes... wish i didnt get rid

Same here mate. Never had any major trouble with any of them (mechanically) even the 2.0 corsa was a daily driver covering 18k in a year with no issues and that wasnt exactly driving it sensibly all the time ;). Yeah the Astra rusted into oblivion but I am sure there are vag cars that were built in 1993 rusting away too. As for the a4 I have now it has cost me a fecking arm and a
Leg mechanically but the strange thing is I will never go back... Unless I persuade the wife to buy a Astra vxr :)

... Unless I persuade the wife to buy a Astra vxr :)

My old Veccy VXR is up for sale again ;). Go on, get her persuaded lol.

EDIT: Scrub that. Was gonna link to the page but its gone. Must have sold it.

My old Veccy VXR is up for sale again ;). Go on, get her persuaded lol.

EDIT: Scrub that. Was gonna link to the page but its gone. Must have sold it.

I was looking at them a few months ago.. Awesome in a straight line but corners are a different story lol. How did you find yours in the twistys?

#

Love the 6, last of the best shape in my eyes. I fancy a 5 but the wife won't have chav car as she calls it sat in the drive, she hated the RA.

Completely agree, I loved the 6 and in a lot of ways it was a far better car than the 9 but the interior of the 9 was lovely in comparison to the 6. The RX7 was just awesome all round and the noise was phenominal :)

....... How did you find yours in the twistys?

SIDEWAYS lol :sadlike:

Seriously though, the chassis and running gear weren't built for that power and the understeer was atrocious. Anything over 40 around a decent bend and it magnetised towards fields lol. However in a straight line it was bl66dy quick.