best buy brake kit? track day use etc...

Reaction score
Hi all... my s3 is in need of some better brakes!! Currently have r32 setup 330mm discs.

Ive seen alot fit LCR brembos. Seem good value for money

But what else is there for next stage up?

Ideally 2 piece discs / 6 pots

Car is running 450bhp+ so need a good set!

Have around 1-1.5k max to spend

Ive seen d2 has a kit aswel as k-sport. But alot of negative reviews online.

Car is used for weekend blasts an track use. Not a daily!

Thankyou limbo.

If you want the harsh reality dude, your budget doesn't buy you anything top notch like 2 piece discs or 6 pots worth owning.

All the cheap Chinese made stuff is a total waste, k sport. D2, forge, they're all poorly matched calipers, non floating discs, and generally should be avoided if you intend to actually use the brakes rather than just look good.

Decent 2 piece floating discs will set you back a minimum of £800, not leaving much in the budget for calipers and pads.

In your position id probably be looking at 996 turbo fronts with carriers to work on your r32 334x32mm discs. That way you can afford to stick some proper pads in there and look at upgrading to 2 piece discs in the future if you ever felt the need.

Thanks for your input prawny! Damm 2 piece costs :(

I couldnt seem to find any good reviews of any of the kits out there until i found the "ecs" kits... but there just a all in one porsche setup which i could get for a fraction less of ebay etc!

Suppose thats my only choice atm as brakes is a must on mine!

Il keep an eye out for some 996 turbo fronts then cheers!

Any tips on some pads?

I'd recommend talking to Ian at Godspeed about 2 piece custom made discs.

I've been quoted for, 2 piece discs, adapters and lines for around the figure Prawn mentioned above.

Plus factor in the rest -

2nd hand 996t 4 pot front calipers = £300ish
Pagid RS/DS3000 Pads = £150ish

You should then be under your £1500 max budget.

I managed to get the above done (but using ECS 2 piece discs with Pagid RS29s) and a rear 300mm upgrade all for around £1600

Cant say I had the best experience with my discs from the above.

Lasted less than a morning before they were binned.

Mate of mine did exactly the same on a set of AP J hooks!

Was an expensive morning for him. lol

Did you speak to Ian and get it sorted then?

I had 370mm 2 piece front discs and 6 pot mega monster calipers and carriers as well as a 330mm 2 pieces rear disc with new carriers for the original rear calipers and ds 2500 pads all round from hi-spec motorsport for a touch over 2.5k about 4 years ago fitted on a S3 8p running 360bhp and they were awesome the only reason the front disc was only 370mm was so I could keep the standard 18" wheels on but they can make what ever you want the only bad thing was the customer service was slow because they were busy.

Think the plan for now is to buy some 996t front calipers.

- correct part numbers i believe are 996.351.429 and 996.351.430

I already have near new r32 discs so might aswel get some use out of them..

Then some good 5.1 fluid an a set of pads.

Im going to make some cooling ducts to the brakes also. An then probably looking at 2piece discs next year :D

Thanks for the tips fellas!

most higher temp brake fluids are Dot4 however.. Dot5.1 just means its less hygroscopic

Reactions: Richie-XR2 and limbo118118