Best brand for cambelt and water pump?

MSi

Reaction score
Just checking on ebay which brand should I go for ? any suggestions?
Gates, SKF, Contitech, Dayco,INA .. o it doesn't matter?

They are all respectable brands.

INA and SKF make and supply the “genuine” tensioners and pulleys.

Contitech and Gates used to make supply the “genuine” belt.

Therefor any of the above should be ok.

Must never use dayco

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They're all good makes. Why not Dayco? - they are BMW Mini OE

I personally would try somewhere like tps and get a genuine belt. Not saying that the others are rubbish as one of them make it for Audi but if something was to go wrong you might be in a better position to argue with Audi and get some help in fixing your car.
In my last golf the cost of a genuine vw belt, pulleys and water pump from TPS was only like a tenner more expensive than buying pattern parts. Originals lasted 100k so went with originals and they were still going at almost 200k when car written off by a blind Audi driver.

Reactions: BrummieLad
I personally would try somewhere like tps and get a genuine belt. Not saying that the others are rubbish as one of them make it for Audi but if something was to go wrong you might be in a better position to argue with Audi and get some help in fixing your car.
In my last golf the cost of a genuine vw belt, pulleys and water pump from TPS was only like a tenner more expensive than buying pattern parts. Originals lasted 100k so went with originals and they were still going at almost 200k when car written off by a blind Audi driver.

Agree with this the cost savings are going to be very little and at least with TPS or dealer, warranty claims are going to be easier to put through, provided it has been installed correctly of course.