Best brake Pads?

thompa25

Reaction score
Just a quick question as to what you guys think the best brake pad is for the S3 iv heard mixed reviews about EBC yellow stuff pads, and have heard good things about the feddero (or however you spell it) pads. I want better braking capacity so will be changing out the disks for vented ones. Unfortunatly there will be a woman driving my car from time to time, and she doesnt drive as hard as i do, so will need something that can still brake ok from cold.

If the fronts are not vented already i'll eat my hat!!!

ferrodo ds2500 pads get great reviews

Just a quick question as to what you guys think the best brake pad is for the S3 iv heard mixed reviews about EBC yellow stuff pads, and have heard good things about the feddero (or however you spell it) pads. I want better braking capacity so will be changing out the disks for vented ones. Unfortunatly there will be a woman driving my car from time to time, and she doesnt drive as hard as i do, so will need something that can still brake ok from cold.

Fronts are vented,but not great after several hard stops.

Pads......Ferodo DS2500 are about the best for normal road use.

EBC.....didn't like them at all.

ebc pads are a recipe for disaster they are no good on the road or track in my opinion they just dont have a good material , i used to race downhill bikes and they couldn't get a pads right for them so i held even less hope for car pads !!

you cannt go wrong with ferodo pads ! if you want better braking capacity then get you fluid swaped out for some high tech dot 4 that has a stupidly high boiling point will help eliminate brake fade

ebc pads are a recipe for disaster they are no good on the road or track in my opinion they just dont have a good material , i used to race downhill bikes and they couldn't get a pads right for them so i held even less hope for car pads !!

you cannt go wrong with ferodo pads ! if you want better braking capacity then get you fluid swaped out for some high tech dot 4 that has a stupidly high boiling point will help eliminate brake fade

I've settled on Mintex 1155 pads now,which are more track oriented and have a better temperature coefficient,but maybe aren't so suitable for most cars,but the initial bite is way better ,but having used DS2500s for a good while before,I agree,they're good,and work well.

Like you and I both said...EBC....didnt get on with those at all.