Best Brake Disc and Pads

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wanted to take advantage of the 35% discount this weekend on Euro car parts and was thinking of buying some new discs and pads for my a3 170 PD TDI.

Can anyone recommend some brakes and pads, I heard the brembo ones are a very good performance brand.

Any suggestions?

Hi All,

Wanted to take advantage of the 35% discount this weekend on Euro car parts and was thinking of buying some new discs and pads for my a3 170 PD TDI.

Can anyone recommend some brakes and pads, I heard the brembo ones are a very good performance brand.

Any suggestions?
Sure there is a thread about brake advice recently posted that might help , had a quick look for you but couldn't see it

Brembo are fine, they have a dark grey zinc coating which keeps the hubs looking fresher for longer. www.carparts4less.co.uk is the internet arm of ECP and are often cheaper

Just fitted Pagid all round to the same model from Euro Car Parts. Good performing brakes. OEM on a lot of German cars.

Reactions: Retroman
Did something similar last week when they had their Xmas sale on... After having a good read on here I eventually went for EBC Red stuff pads and Brembo Disks. OEM Rear with Drilled on the front (because they look sexy :sunglasses:)

If you haven't bought anything yet look at car parts for less.
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/
It's the on line web site for ECP. The prices are pretty much always cheaper on CP4L as the initial price is a lot lower . So although you may only get a 15% discount it works out cheaper. exactly the same parts and part numbers except you can only have them delivered.

Reactions: ch1z64
Thanks for the replies, Amazing that the Car parts for less website has the same discs for much cheaper!

Im looking for discs with drill holes in the front - can't seem to find them for my car - 57 plate A3. Any ideas?

look in the specific "performance" section

Thanks for the replies, Amazing that the Car parts for less website has the same discs for much cheaper!

Im looking for discs with drill holes in the front - can't seem to find them for my car - 57 plate A3. Any ideas?
Here you go ( https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/performance-brake-discs ) hope you have a few 100 pounds to spend as these don't come cheap and you have still got to add Pads . All the best

I suppose the next question will be"what size discs do I need?" :smile new:
Answer--Just take a front wheel off and measure it.

Oh wow, they are nice, only going to get 2 new discs for my front wheels. Will they fit with any pads - i quite like the look of red brembo pads..

Note on Pagid discs. They come with special coating for front discs only not the case for rear ones. Result? Rust on rear discs pretty much a month after installation while the fronts are fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, they are nice, only going to get 2 new discs for my front wheels. Will they fit with any pads - i quite like the look of red brembo pads..

Splash out and buy the Brembo Disc's and get the Brembo Pads will run fine. Have you thought off going to Halfords and getting some Caliper paint and tidy them up as your doing the brakes anyways

Did something similar last week when they had their Xmas sale on... After having a good read on here I eventually went for EBC Red stuff pads and Brembo Disks. OEM Rear with Drilled on the front (because they look sexy :sunglasses:)

Any pics?

Splash out and buy the Brembo Disc's and get the Brembo Pads will run fine. Have you thought off going to Halfords and getting some Caliper paint and tidy them up as your doing the brakes anyways

I take it getting new brembo callipers would not be required?

All the discs will be the same size - you would keep your existing callipers. Pads and discs do not need to be from the same manufacturer

Note on Pagid discs. They come with special coating for front discs only not the case for rear ones. Result? Rust on rear discs pretty much a month after installation while the fronts are fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing special about that silver paint , Auto Glym wheel cleaner will make it curl up and die .

20150809_174846-jpg.65622

Abrade and spray with Hammerite Smooth .

Sorted .

Brembo for me as well. I had brembo discs and pads fitted when I got my rears done. Will brembo the fronts as well when they need doing.