Best and Worst Stealers

What do you mean pre-orderd? I'm trying to order my RS3 from Newbury, having got my S3 and Q5 from there. The reason I cancelled my MY15 TTS at Basingstoke was a total lack of customer support. HAve I got to go back to Basingstoke? I live midway beween the 2?

I'm using my own terminology.. they took a spec and deposit and I got an order sheet, but I am assuming they will need to confirm it with their live order configurator which will be up in a no-time.................. :holds breath:

East Kent Audi were decent on the sales side. Chap called Ben looked after my order- nice bloke, patient & not pushy.

Apparently the commission structure differs slightly to that at some other manufacturer dealerships in that they get +££ for positive feedback and -££ for negative. I think they have a base target to hit to achieve their bonus and then the feedback works as commission on top of that. Talking to a chap there and he was explaining that the art of it wasn't selling a brand new car that will be ready in 4 months time- it's selling you a car that's already built so they can get it in asap. Hence you get "considerate" sales people telling you that you don't need x&y options. You think they're good honest people not out to rip you off....actually they just know that they have one specced just so already allocated.

East Kent audi- good dealership.
Maidstone audi- tossers. Went in to buy a car, got ignored until I asked somebody and was told they were really busy COULD I COME BACK ANOTHER TIME?!?!

I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned Coulsdon Audi on here; apparently they make the 2nd most sales in the UK after West London Audi.

Anyway I bought my car through Eren, when he was at Coulsdon. Absolutely cracking guy, really focussed on the customer service side of things and offered a good discount. Might have helped that I went into the dealership with my mate and we pretty much just wrote "X2" on the spec sheet. I've subsequently followed Eren to Wimbledon Audi to refer my friend who bought an A1 there and again, great customer service.

I'd say the only problem with Coulsdon Audi is the wait times for a loan car while you have a fault. I've had to wait best bit of 4 weeks before and had to go elsewhere as it was too long for me.

Has anyone else had a similar good experience at Coulsdon?

I totally agree with the above! I ordered my Audi from Coulsdon in January and picked up last week. The whole sales process from start to finish was perfect. I dealt with a gentleman called Clive Etheridge who I would highly recommend. Talked me through all the options and specs on my A3 S line and had the decency to question some of my accessories choices and why I think I needed certain ones. He went out his way to make sure I got the right options and what was REALLY an added benefit and not just to take extra £££ out my back pocket.

Can't comment on the loaner side of things but then again I hope I don't have to.

If their after car service is as good as their pre sales then I'll be a customer for life.:arco:

The title of this thread is confusing "Best and Worst Stealers". Why call a dealer a stealer when it's the best? If they were the best then they wouldn't be a stealer don't you think?

Stansted Audi good for me, bought my 4th car from them this week (replacement Q5), Sales always prepared to go the extra mile and Service been very efficient.
I'd second this. Great service for me. Plus the setting of the dealership means that large passenger aircraft fly over every 20 mins. Very cool

The title of this thread is confusing "Best and Worst Stealers". Why call a dealer a stealer when it's the best? If they were the best then they wouldn't be a stealer don't you think?

I think we are focusing on the front end of things, how you are treated and dealt with by the staff rep, but as a dealer, they are always gonna rip you off one way or the other :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are focusing on the front end of things, how you are treated and dealt with by the staff rep, but as a dealer, they are always gonna rip you off one way or the other :)

I always use Crewe Audi and i have NEVER been as you say ripped off.

I always use Crewe Audi and i have NEVER been as you say ripped off.
Just proves that dealers can be inconsistent. Excellent for one, but not another. I tried desperately to get an S3 test drive from Crewe Audi and they failed to deliver. I had to keep chasing them too.......they rarely returned my calls. Ended up going to Macclesfield Audi, and never looked back. They immediately went out of their way to source me a car which I borrowed for the day. They got the sale. Crewe probably would have got a sale but missed out by not doing something that surely couldn't be simpler for a car dealer.......bread and butter.

I used Cheshire Oaks Audi and I would again!

On the day of collection they made that much fuss of me I started to get paranoid thinking that they had damaged the car and were pushing the boat out to be ultra nice before they hit me with it :D I even had a top manager come to see me before I left to make sure everything was OK!!! I left thinking "Are they always that nice or is there something they are not telling me???" lol. I received a follow up call two weeks later to ask if everything was OK with the car and if I needed anything don't hesitate to call them!

Just proves that dealers can be inconsistent. Excellent for one, but not another. I tried desperately to get an S3 test drive from Crewe Audi and they failed to deliver. I had to keep chasing them too.......they rarely returned my calls. Ended up going to Macclesfield Audi, and never looked back. They immediately went out of their way to source me a car which I borrowed for the day. They got the sale. Crewe probably would have got a sale but missed out by not doing something that surely couldn't be simpler for a car dealer.......bread and butter.

I'll just have to take your word for it. :)

I used Cheshire Oaks Audi and I would again!

On the day of collection they made that much fuss of me I started to get paranoid thinking that they had damaged the car and were pushing the boat out to be ultra nice before they hit me with it :D I even had a top manager come to see me before I left to make sure everything was OK!!! I left thinking "Are they always that nice or is there something they are not telling me???" lol. I received a follow up call two weeks later to ask if everything was OK with the car and if I needed anything don't hesitate to call them!

I have been using them for the past 4+ years and I am satisfied with the service I get from them; I had the same experience when I collected mine - but mine was their first S3 SB to be delivered.

I believe the title is aiming more at the point of business in general to be honest, for instance.. an iPhone costs Apple $10.00 to make but they retail at around £500.00 ... He is saying that no matter how amazing your deal on your car is, you are still a consumer that a business is making money out of.

I have been using them for the past 4+ years and I am satisfied with the service I get from them; I had the same experience when I collected mine - but mine was their first S3 SB to be delivered.
How do you find them when it comes to trading in your old car for the new one...fair price or do you sell private/elsewhere? I got mine on a 4 year PCP, he said he will be switching me out at 2 years as he believes I'll have equity in the car at that time!

Where abouts are you located? I'll keep an eye out for you ;) I'm always around Chester/Blacon/E-Port//Wirral area....I'm in a black 3 door with a private reg.

Why do you say that??

I believe the title is aiming more at the point of business in general to be honest, for instance.. an iPhone costs Apple $10.00 to make but they retail at around £500.00 ... He is saying that no matter how amazing your deal on your car is, you are still a consumer that a business is making money out of.

Then it should be called BEST Dealer or worst stealer.

How do you find them when it comes to trading in your old car for the new one...fair price or do you sell private/elsewhere? I got mine on a 4 year PCP, he said he will be switching me out at 2 years as he believes I'll have equity in the car at that time!

Where abouts are you located? I'll keep an eye out for you ;) I'm always around Chester/Blacon/E-Port//Wirral area....I'm in a black 3 door with a private reg.

I didn't trade in, as I got a better price from WBAC.
I'm in the Mold area of North Wales; but am arround Chester/E-Port fairly regularly. The reg plate on my Red SB makes it look older than it is. I'll flash if I see you.

I'll keep an eye out for you ;) mine starts N88.

I took my car to Fords Of Winsford, the price I got from them worked out at £500 less than the recommended private sale price which I thought was good. They gave £1000 more than Vauxhall, Evans Halshaw and Audi had offered me and in the end I think £2000 more than WBAC. The closest to FOW was Frazer Chadwick in Tarvin, but he was still £750 less.

@Nimbus265 - Did you get your previous cars serviced at Audi Newbury, how was it? Going to be taking my S3 there when it arrives. Ridgeway/Newbury VW was a bit hit and miss so hopefully Audi is better!