Best and Worst Stealers

Liquidfusion-S3

I fall to peer pressure!
Reaction score
Been hearing some positive news for some stealers and some not so.
Out of the most I've been hearing about:

Coventry and Maidstone Audi seems to be top notch in terms of price and customer service
Bexley Audi nothing but bad news from there

Any others you would recommend, or avoid like the plague?

I bought my S3 from York Audi (JCT600) and received excellent service throughout. I had a problem with the Sat Nav and they attended to it straightaway (no fault found but reported to Audi) and I had a top of the range A6 3.0TDI courtesy car provided. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Redgrouse and Liquidfusion-S3
Tonbridge Audi (now Tunbridge Wells Audi) are rubbish - My old man has had trouble with them in the past, replacing brake discs and pads without asking him amongst other things. I didn't listen to him and took by 2007 A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line into them complaining about a whining noise from the front of the car. They incorrectly diagnosed it as a wheel bearing which I then replaced elsewhere but it made no difference - it needed a new DSG gearbox!

So, I looked further afield and for my next Audi, Five Oaks Audi in Billingshurst had the right used car for me (see my sig, it's now sold). Although the car had to go back twice before I was happy with it (various defects etc) they still sorted the problems out, collecting the car themselves and giving me free courtesy cars etc. I had this car for 2 and a half years and had it serviced by them too, the service department were excellent.

I've just placed an order with Maidstone Audi because of the discount offered and they are only a 25min drive away for me. Plus a lot of guys on here use them and have a lot of good words to say about them (even though they are part of the same group as Tunbridge Wells Audi, Inchcape).

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Listers Coventry do well on the price, because they deal with brokers such as Orangewheels and CarWow.

The bulk discount is made through fleet at Coventry, rather than retail.

Audi Watford is excellent as well. Always been looked after there. To be fair I only see one saleman there and if I get any issues with servicing etc.. he sorts it out for me.

I got the best price from Audi Coventry via carwow, luckily my local Audi dealer Cheshire Oaks Audi matched it all bar £144...so for that I wasn't traveling!

I find Aberdeen very good on the sales side (probably helps that come 3rd November I'll have bought 5 cars in under 2 years from the same salesman).

I find Aberdeen woefully inadequate when it comes to the service side of the business.

Reactions: Pulp84 and Liquidfusion-S3
Audi Watford is excellent as well. Always been looked after there. To be fair I only see one saleman there and if I get any issues with servicing etc.. he sorts it out for me.

I second Audi Watford. Been dealing with the same salesman for the last four audis I've had. It's actually a pleasure dealing with him!
Service centre is excellent too as no issue is too small for them to look into and it'll get sorted with the minimum fuss or inconvience for me.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3 and p9lad
I second Audi Watford. Been dealing with the same salesman for the last four audis I've had. It's actually a pleasure dealing with him!
Service centre is excellent too as no issue is too small for them to look into and it'll get sorted with the minimum fuss or inconvience for me.
nice who do u deal with there? we have got 3 audis from there and everytime service has been amazing!

I disagree with threads like this, though I have had consistently the WORST experience in every service (from buying, warranty and service to general customer service) at a local dealership.

Ouch, hope he doesn't go back through my posts and see what I got off :3sadwalk:

Yep, if I was in his shoes I would be pretty hacked off right now. I hope he can do something about it but I'm not convinced they will budge once the price and deal has been agreed :(

I disagree with threads like this, though I have had consistently the WORST experience in every service (from buying, warranty and service to general customer service) at a local dealership.

Hence why I'm avoiding Bexley Audi my local one like the plague!

I find threads like this very helpful, they help steer you away from bad dealerships ensuring your Audi purchase goes as well as it should!

On that note I placed my order through Bristol Audi, not the best discount (thats consistently Coventry for me) but when pushed they got within £400 of the Coventry quote, the people i've dealt with have been fantastic, they answer my emails very quickly and even agreed to throw in a full tank of fuel and the Ashtray (i opted for the non-smoking package).

Haven't had a problem with Bexley Audi, they couldn't do enough to help me when I had issues with my 8P A3 and ordering / collecting my new A3 went great too. I always go through the guy who sold me them both (Yasin) and he is very good at getting stuff sorted for me. Haven't dealt with any other stealers yet though.

Kevin, the Paddy McGuinness lookalike! Who do you deal with?

hey mate deal with guy called Sanj. Very very good knows everything about the brand he got a company s3 as well so was great bouncing off ideas in regards to options and things like that.

hey mate deal with guy called Sanj. Very very good knows everything about the brand he got a company s3 as well so was great bouncing off ideas in regards to options and things like that.

Yeah he's a decent bloke. Kevin and I wound him up as his S3 was a showroom model initially and we said that I had just bought it. The disappointment in his face!
He was glad he spec'd it in misano with black pack as thankfully I didn't like it!

Yeah he's a decent bloke. Kevin and I wound him up as his S3 was a showroom model initially and we said that I had just bought it. The disappointment in his face!
He was glad he spec'd it in misano with black pack as thankfully I didn't like it!
hahaha! yes defo he actually wanted panther black like my one.. he purposely chose options that he knew people wouldn't want! he specced up another one for himself again as he can only keep the current one for 6 months I think. he is a great guy recommend him to everyone!

Nottingham are... OK. They have been good on some things, but really bad on others - mostly have a "can't do" attitude towards getting things sorted or fixed.

Audi Solihull are pretty good. Will be dealing with them once I have collected car from Coventry.

Preston audi - had a test drive, the guy CBA and treated me like a 5 year old and wasting his time. The deal they offered was terrible.

Bolton audi - much better, really worked for my deal. Service lacked when waiting but a meeting with the head of business sorted it and gave me a car whilst I waited. I do find it odd that I've had the car nearly a month and I haven't received anything about giving feedback expect a scrap of paper when I picked the car up.

So far it's been trouble free so I can't comment on the service department.

I went to view a used approved car in Audi Southend, been communicating with one of their sales guy who knew I was interested.
Went down there only to see the sales guy take the car out and come with his Mc Donalds lunch, car was filthy too! They didn't seem too interested in selling the car for some reason.

They lost a sale that day, which led me to buying an new S3

I've come to the realisation it's not necessarily a bad dealer but your bad luck in dropping on some bad staff.

I bought two new Audi's from Nottingham Audi. Both through the same salesman. I was chuffed with two great deals, on both occasions trading another car in. Sadly the guy left and when I came to buy the S3 my man had left. The salesman I saw was just appalling, he offered me a terrible deal and it was made quite clear it was take it or leave it. No negotiation, didn't want to spend any time in discussions, just total crap.

So I went to Derby Audi not realising they were Shitner as well. But the young man there was like chalk and cheese compared to Mr Cherry at Nottingham. I walked away with a great deal and bought the car for over £4K less.than the deal previously offered by the same company.........

+1 for York on sales despite 1 hiccup and a good discount Not tried the service yet. Had good dealings with the service department at Leeds, but less so with sales.
couldn't get anyone at Bradford or Wakefield to even speak to me in empty showrooms, despite driving up in a 2 years old TT, which was bought from the old Wakefield Audi!

For the South West members.......

Avoid Swindon Audi like the plague.

Bath seem Good but not interested to discount much. Nice bunch of people there. Hear the service department is top notch.

Bristol are very good - nearly got my business a few years ago but I went in at the wrong time and their allocation had all gone meaning 6 month wait :(

Salisbury (who I use) are very good. Happy to do a deal and no hard sell. Small dealership but really look after you. Can't recommend them enough.

Aberdeen Audi great for sales, Graeme and Tony i have dealt with for my last 3 Audi's.

Service dept, rubbish. Mark Taylor, the customer service manager is a decent bloke though, they clearly dont have enough staff. Each time i called i was asked to leave my number and wait to be called back, they are slow to react. Getting a booked courtesy car takes weeks. Although they did collect and deliver.

Reactions: Kugaman1, Martinbanshee and s31jay
Wakefield audi sytner were woeful very pushy not open to any negotiation, was basically take it or leave it, they weren't clued up on a few things which kinda annoyed me and when I said I'd been offered 4.5k off a s3 (build was 42k 37 n abit after discount) she basically didn't believe what Coventry were offering and showed me out the showroom (felt like is been frogmarched out) and said enjoy your drive to Coventry then no bye and no follow up since lol!

Just about to collect my first Audi for quite a few years. Initially went to Northampton Audi (Vindis). Dealt with a very pleasant sales person, but it seemed like they were not interested in selling cars at all!
So tried Milton Keynes Audi (Jardine) and they have been fine so far. Good at dealing with me during the very long wait for my saloon.
Obviously not dealt with the service dept yet.

As far as bad ones go, Bradford Audi on various occasions were pretty terrible, when I was looking to pick up an S3 last year, went had a browse, showed interest in a couple of cars, entered showroom hung around got a few looks from various staff, no one approached, left it at that.

Mate on another occasion looking to put an order in for the new S3, arranged a week prior to test drive one at Bradford, rang mid week confirmed with someone time he was arriving, all was good they confirmed, turned up on the saturday for the test drive to be told the person he had spoken too was on annual leave that day and there was no S3 on site at all despite what had been confirmed on the phone, obviously pretty annoyed by the situation as he had driven there with the intent on possibly placing an order for a 35K car, salesman gave a half ***** "sorry about that" and that was it, As I'm only early 20's as is my mate cant help but feel they took that into account which is a terrible thing to do if that's the case.

In comparison rang Leeds Audi directly from leaving Bradford this was around 4pm on a saturday afternoon spoke to a gent there and within half an hour it was all arranged drove over spent a fair amount of time test driving and just the general level of service given was miles above, for anyone considering Bradford from my experience even if its closer I'd take the extra drive time to go to a far and above better branch.

Had a few bad times with Eastbourne Audi, now I go to Maidstone, far nicer and their new showroom is gorgeous!

Southampton Audi are the worst I have ever dealt with over the years for a number of reason like price hiking on servicing, scratching my car whilst in for replacement side window and then the mechanic swearing in front of me!! Then when I gave them a chance to redeem themselves by letting them quote me an S3 on a "special price for a long term customer" It turned out to be about the same as what everyone on here was getting to no exactly "Special" to win my confidence back they managed to supply the car with courtesy swirl marks all over the car, and when I say all over I mean every single panel/angle etc!

Long story short, I ended with half the money to get it fixed by a detailier after lengthy discussion purseuding the manager to allow me to buy the car!! I had some more good will from Audi UK that made the difference up.....avoid like ebola!

Salisbury on the other hand are superb! My G/F and I went to a "special" event after as she was looking for a replacement for her A1 Sline, we went straight from a mini dealer to there (it was pretty much in her mind the mini as she didn't want to go Audi after my treatment) and they gave an amazing deal, gap offered at price of ALA, decent offer on her car - CAP + £1000 and houred this on delivery of the new car even with more mileage.

Matt the sale chap couldn't have made the whole experience better she was over the moon and I was too.... he will be getting my RS3 order when announced.

Reactions: Pulp84
Newcastle Audi - salesman asked if I could afford an Audi. That was at the old site - I walked away. Went to the new site recently looking around the showroom for 20 mins and not one person approached or showed an interest in me. Left feeling miffed.

Teeside Audi - arrived and hung around the S3 I was interested in. The staff were all outside in the sun standing in a circle laughing and joking amongst themselves. Left after 20 mins of not one person showing an interest in me.

Tyneside Audi - like chalk and cheese. Seen straight away, brought S3 in from the rain for me to look at in the workshop without getting wet. Then 20 minute test drive that day to whet the appetite. Test drove the S1 there as well a few days later just to make sure it wasn't for me, guy went out his way to do that as well. Then a further 24hr test drive in the S3.
I returned after my holidays and after some negotiations which were friendly and straight forward, I got a discount that came very close to CarWow and a spec changed build slot that meant I got the car after 2 months and not 6. Signed on the dotted line and paid my deposit. Car arrived a week and a half ago almost as promised and I was made to feel special in the hand over. Will be returning for my next one.

I think it all comes down to the salesman at the end of the day and if you find a good one, stick with them.

Reactions: voorhees