Best and cheapest place to get S3 TIP

No the oem tips are quite different between the non esp APY and BAM engines, have alook at my oil catch tank thread to see the difference between the two, although the sfs one if aftermarket the design is very similar to a oem BAM tip.
As for the best place id say sfs but thats only because i get a really good discount, give them a call and ask for either lee or justin, if you ask nice enough theyll knock you sumet off.

Last edited:
make sure you have esp other wise you will have to follow dani's link to modifiy the n75 and bits to fit the tip,
i brought mine from ths performance really good quality with a metal srtenghtening bit all the way through the tip to help stop it expanding and collapsing also there other boost pipes are made in the same way, cheap to think the tip was around £85

seems ok to me i dont really like using inferiour parts and was sceptical but there really good quality, tip fits perfect

5ply same as sfs, most others are only 4ply

ok in that case you can fit the tip but it needs some alterations to fit it, dani_b19 has done his recently and theres a thread on here recentlyshowing you what needs altering but by all accounts it made a big improvement on his car

ok in that case you can fit the tip but it needs some alterations to fit it, dani_b19 has done his recently and theres a thread on here recentlyshowing you what needs altering but by all accounts it made a big improvement on his car

Like kev said it did take some altering but as long as your compitent then its easy and the end result is so worth it mate, our oem tips are so restrictive, gis an email if you need a hand or parts sizes etc.

Andrew have a look at the stickies for info please

Last edited:
our oem tips are so restrictive, gis an email if you need a hand or parts sizes etc.

They are?
On an S3?

I don't think so...and I got precisely nothing from changing mine...so it can't have been 'so restrictive' at all!

I don't see how they are....the hose tapers from MAF size to the outer size of the turbo inlet casting - which is itself larger than the compressor wheel...so there is no restriction there.

They are?
On an S3?

I don't think so...and I got precisely nothing from changing mine...so it can't have been 'so restrictive' at all!

I don't see how they are....the hose tapers from MAF size to the outer size of the turbo inlet casting - which is itself larger than the compressor wheel...so there is no restriction there.

Im not talking about the amk/bam tips glen i was refering to the oem tips on the non esp s3, if you've ever had a look at one then they are restrictive but upgrading the tip on a amk/bam engine would yield little to nothing.
Although SFS do quote their tip tobe 16% larger than the oem tip and have a dyno graph showing an increase of 5Bhp and 5Lb/ft but we all know dynos can be fudged.