Best air intakes

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi guys

I've recently had my S3 mapped and now I'm thinking about changing my air intake with an upgraded one ie R600 or an APR.

Can anyone recommend any others or ones to avoid?

Cheers Johnny

I got the Racingline VWR R600 cold air intake with silicon hose, upgraded Racingline turbo inlet elbow, and turbo muffler delete. 700 kit off ebay think it was
Sounds awesome always gets heads turnin when you boot it lol

Reactions: S3 Johnny
I went with the intergrated Engineering Carbon set-up

Reactions: welshy_a4 and S3 Johnny
The Revo carbon intake is a nice kit.
Expensive if you get it with the full intake scoop as well but you can stick to the airbox lid, filter and the larger turbo inlet pipe and mod the oem scoop as advised above

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Reactions: lucaslfc
I have that part already modified and removed from my car when I installed the APR intake - up for grabs for £25 posted to UK

£25 now?! In the other thread it was £20 - you greedy b*stard :sweatsmile:

Reactions: lucaslfc and Boydie
What are you changing it for? Sound? If so then look at open style ones like IE, cts etc.

If just for performance then modify stock box as described with panel filter and TT inlet pipe best bang for buck.

If looking at combo of both then I'd say one like r600 or forge with the full front guiding air into box. Performance side of things the inlet pipe is where gains are so whatever you choose i advise getting inlet pipe also.

Reactions: S3 Johnny
I went for full Revo Carbon Intake Kit.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Ive just invested in the VWR R600 kit from volks work shop..

shop.volksworkshop.co.uk/collections/racingline-performance-parts/products/racingline-r600-ultimate-intake-combo-deal

£630 with free delivery.. cant go wrong

Ive just invested in the VWR R600 kit from volks work shop..

shop.volksworkshop.co.uk/collections/racingline-performance-parts/products/racingline-r600-ultimate-intake-combo-deal

£630 with free delivery.. cant go wrong
Same kit i got mate plus ya saved 70notes jobs a goodin there. :)
Sounds great to ;)

Reactions: Stu2309
Looking forward to it coming..

Did you run your setup without a map at all..

I dont want to fit it all without a map if its guna cause problems. Some have said it will be fine but im not to sure.

I put a CAI on my old mk2 mps and a bov and it made it run like a bag of hammers without a map...

Reactions: lucaslfc
Looking forward to it coming..

Did you run your setup without a map at all..

I dont want to fit it all without a map if its guna cause problems. Some have said it will be fine but im not to sure.

I put a CAI on my old mk2 mps and a bov and it made it run like a bag of hammers without a map...

Yea mate i fitted it all before my custom remap ran perfect. First power run on the dyno seen it do 325bhp just with those mods plus its manual aswel so does get power down a little better than dsg,so i was told.

Ahhh sounds good enough for me then.

Ive got DSG, like a say just waiting on delivery..

Christmas been a bit late this year for me haha

Just deciding on who to go to for my maps is the hardest part i think lol

Ahhh sounds good enough for me then.

Ive got DSG, like a say just waiting on delivery..

Christmas been a bit late this year for me haha

Just deciding on who to go to for my maps is the hardest part i think lol

Haha never to late for a xmas prez haha.
Simple to fit aswel mate few good vids to follow on youtube as i have never done them before.
Get a custom remap mate mine pretty much took me to "stage 2"

Is it best to get an all in one intake pipe without needing the elbow like the forge or get the R600 which you need both?

Is it best to get an all in one intake pipe without needing the elbow like the forge or get the R600 which you need both?

not necessary but some guys has done elbow pipe/hose with drop-in filter and turbo muffler delete on stock oem box.