Best A4 colours.

holly35

Reaction score
Manufacturers spend thousands in producing catalogues to show theirs cars at their absolute best. The most important is saved for the front covers, for the A4,Audi use Floret silver for the saloon on the front cover and again Floret silver on the rear cover for the avant.Inside its mostly glacier white and daytona grey...are these the best to show the A4 at its best?
Whats your fav colour ?

Interesting little fact...

I went for Matador Red, however seeing Floret Silver and Ibis White I quite like these also.

I personally prefer colours that don't 'blend in' on the road so much, imo there's just too many silver / black cars on the road to make one stand out without looking for it.

Moonlight blue. Every person who has seen my car has complimented it! The first time I went to the garage to fill the tank up someone walked up just to say how nice the colour was

This is going to be a thread of everyone listing there own car colour haha. I personally think Brilliant Black is the best ;-).

In all seriousness I do love Daytona Grey, but if I had to choose again, I think I would go with Sedan Blue.

Quite, colours are like marmite and its all down to personal preferences. One thing I have noticed about the A4 are that the majority of colours actually suit it, you don't get that in all cars...

I actually really struggled to find a colour I liked. I ended up with Floret Silver which I am ok with but its a shame the choice is relatively boring. Why no options like Sepang or Ara Blue.

I actually really struggled to find a colour I liked. I ended up with Floret Silver which I am ok with but its a shame the choice is relatively boring. Why no options like Sepang or Ara Blue.
I agree. I also "ended up" with floret and I am also "ok" with it. I wanted a stock car, so it was a matter of finding one in the spec I wanted and then taking a view on the colour. The range of colours is very limited, but I do think that neutrals and darker colours work best on large cars. Tango looks pretty good, but I don't think vegas yellow for example would work. White, whilst very smart, can also look a bit much on a large car at times.

I'm not in the market, yet ;) ,to change my B8.5 S4, but there are only 2 colours in the current palette that I like -
Ibis white & misano red
TBH this is the same for me on the FL A3/S3 8V range at the mo too
@hmy7k - Agreed! :thumbs up:

But the world would be a boring place if we all drove the same coloured cars IMHO

I don't think Misano is in the current palette if you're after a B9 or FL A3. It's tango red now which, whilst pleasing, does not have the vibrant qualities of misano.

I don't think Misano is in the current palette if you're after a B9 or FL A3. It's tango red now which, whilst pleasing, does not have the vibrant qualities of misano.
@wideboybloke - Misano is a B9 S4 only colour & your quite correct its not available at all on the 8V FL A3/S3's
Such a shame IMHO

The majority of B9's I've seen on the road are dark blue which I don't think looks great. It certainly doesn't do the shape and sharp lines justice. I haven't seen smoother Daytona Grey on the road yet so I'm happy! Lol

White and silver cars always show off lines well, plus they are both very easy to keep clean. I have 4 cars on my list of next possibles which are:

1) Another 3 door S3 (white this time though, clear glass).
2) The new A5 S-line coupe (white & dark glass).
3) TT S-line quattro (white & clear glass).
4) The new Q2 (white & dark glass).

I love the look of the A4 saloon in white with dark rear glass, but think it looks a bit too grown up/family man for me at the moment!?!?!

Lava Grey. A couple of tones darker than Daytona, and a lovely depth to it (but I might be a little biased). Like A4B9, I'm also partial to Moonlight Blue.

Interesting article in this weeks" auto express" on colours and recommendations.Apparently an experts opinion says executive cars are best served in silver and grey metallics,,,,,,,,