Benjamins S2000 air filter mod.

Ebay about £12. It was white and red but plastidiped black to colour match, I wanted to keep the original paper filter, there are some on there which are black and red but I think they are slightly oiled. Love the sound it makes it isn't too loud. Can here turbo spooling nice!!!

[QUOTE="GeorgieS3, Got mine one today, less than 5minutes and it sounded ok just when revving. Going to wait until roads get abit quieter then take it for a spin. And I kept the bottom part of the airbox in just to keep it more secure.[/QUOTE]

I think you will have to lose the bottom have of your air box when you install b5 tip. Could be wrong but my s2000 filter is hard up against the side of the bay due to b5 tip being rather large! Good job with the paint, I'm gonna do that myself now

[QUOTE="GeorgieS3, Got mine one today, less than 5minutes and it sounded ok just when revving. Going to wait until roads get abit quieter then take it for a spin. And I kept the bottom part of the airbox in just to keep it more secure.

I think you will have to lose the bottom have of your air box when you install b5 tip. Could be wrong but my s2000 filter is hard up against the side of the bay due to b5 tip being rather large! Good job with the paint, I'm gonna do that myself now[/QUOTE]

Well the b5 tip is getting ordered shortly, I was going to wait and put it all on together.. But I couldn't. I will try and keep the bottom part it there, it holds it all together abit better I think, a few cable ties here and there. ;)

It is quite a lot larger

When you do swap them over I would suggest having a look under the inlet mani. I found this today. PVC hose was leaking boost for god knows how long. Cars feels much better now sorted.

Thanks mate, ye I will give a close inspection, changed a couple of hoses last month, after tip I think il get it smoked and on a dyno, get her running as healthy as I can then up to badger 5!

Had mine on for a week now, all types of driving including sitting in traffic, all is well, there doesn't seem to be any down sides, gives much crisper throttle response, great when overtaking as pickup seems quicker, highly recommended by me that's for sure.

Ebay about £12. It was white and red but plastidiped black to colour match, I wanted to keep the original paper filter, there are some on there which are black and red but I think they are slightly oiled. Love the sound it makes it isn't too loud. Can here turbo spooling nice!!!

Thanks,is this the one?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/351339825721

Doing this at the moment, was just wondering where people ended up putting there ICM on A3 1.8T, any ideas would be fantastic!

I don't know why I've only just jumped on this bandwagon but I was bored on the weekend and fancied a tinker, enjoying it so far, had to put jubilee clip on it and tie clipped the end so it doesn't flap around too much, haven't done too many miles yet.

Initial impressions, I love it but can see why some people got tired of it quick and swapped it back, I need to get a video, mine's not too loud but there's a really satisfying brief burble most noticeable in 2nd/3rd gear at low speed when the turbo hasn't spooled I love it.

Not sure i've noticed a difference on the road yet and the weather has been cold but consistently hitting 197/8 g/s whereas before on the std airbox and filter it was 187/189, maybe 192 on a good day. also noticed my maf is the oe one from 2002, just went over 90k miles the other day.

I did this then put on the tight fitting heat shield - I have to say I have had an intermittent boost issue (like several others - maybe the cold issue since).

B5TIP
IMAG1694

I notice u didn't use a jubilee clip around the maf mine popped off without. I don't have a heat shield, yet...

It's quite a tight fit - needed two people to separate it, Maybe with the heat shield it might vibrate off. Not sure the heat shield is needed to be honest. You can see it didn't quite line up so well, but I will be able to hang the oil catch can off it.

Great filter! Had one on my b6 and will be getting one on my b7 soon!

Haha eBay mate, I'm sure it was black and blue on the picture though.

Reactions: fanta
As always a great source of info on the site and been reading this thread with interested, I have just added the S2000 filter, sounds good and get a nice burble and also hear the DV!

Sorry if this has been answered did have a look around, can I use the larger 80mm TIP on the AUM? Assuming I would need to replace the MAF with an S3 80mm housing. I have found a 3.2 TT mad on ebay and was wondering if that could be used? Thanks in advance Steve

Thanks Stuart, thinking of mapping the car once I have a TIP sorted. just replaced a load of the breathers as had a few splits and also the N75 & DV for latest stock version and with the S2000 filter its made a huge difference.

I actually ended up with a fabric Cosworth S2000 on S3 it made about 7 more MAF g/s than the paper version, a bit more expensive but in-between the paper S2000 and the Jetex cone. although due to some running fault I am back on the paper version at the moment.

does the Badger V3 fit a K03? http://badger5.biz/epages/3927bc2c-...869fcd6/Products/v3tip/SubProducts/v3tip-0006

I think it is different in size at the turbo end.

Brilliant thread all...
I'm currently facing the conundrum of which air filter/induction kit to buy. I was originally going to bastardise my airbox to increase flow through a pipercross panel that already resides within the machine I bought about a month ago....HOWEVER...I am feeling the tug toward an induction kit/cone filter set up. HOWEVER, I want blacks and metal...no colours.

Any suggestions?! This is all going to be going together with the classic TIP upgrade, de-resonated charge pipe and hopefully a remap.

Cheers guys.

You won't need an induction kit as above I have the badger5 tip and heat shield (painted black)

I'm not sure you need an cold air induction kit with an S3. just a heat heat shield and TIP, might struggle with a black filter (unless you can get a ramair foam filter)

http://badger5.biz/epages/3927bc2c-...85-4739-96a5-d6cca869fcd6/Products/v2.2Billet

That is a nice set up..shame cant get the filter in a black or grey... I'll have to decide on colour then!

You won't need an induction kit as above I have the badger5 tip and heat shield (painted black)

The heat shield looks very neat...might not need to paint.

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

<tuffty/>

C'mon Tuffty, you know I'm very familiar with this ****** perfect set up you have.... I have been toying with stealing the idea (hence looking for a second hand airbox to practice on). Is your TIP from Badger? And you have a cold air feed running to the underside of the box?
Also, is there anywhere I can get the black plastic hex head cover clips from? I'm missing one on the main cover (say missing, one is broken) and one off the Battery cover...

lol... not read my thread properly yet have you ;)

In this iteration of the build yes

Dealer (or ASN parts request)

<tuffty/>

I scan read and go for the pictures....but yes I had read it previously!! Too much info mate! I'll get on to the dealer as I have a mate in parts at our local VW/Audi/Mercedes dealer...hopefully can sort me some clips!

I did this then put on the tight fitting heat shield - I have to say I have had an intermittent boost issue (like several others - maybe the cold issue since).

View attachment 77509View attachment 77510

Hi Mate, i have the same TIP as you, do you know what brand it is? And is it a good one? pic of mine.

Has anyone had any encounters with the RAMAIR filter like mine has? I bought this car as is from a very good friend of mine and I'm just judging on the parts he's used :)

Attachments

• Engine Bay.jpg
    Engine Bay.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 327
Foam filters need heavier oiling than cotton types and have a habit of leaking oil onto the MAF sensor causing issues...

If not oiled heavily then they tend not to filter very well as the material is generally more open than cotton types

<tuffty/>

Foam filters need heavier oiling than cotton types and have a habit of leaking oil onto the MAF sensor causing issues...

If not oiled heavily then they tend not to filter very well as the material is generally more open than cotton types

<tuffty/>
Forgive my stupidity here as I'm quite new to modding, whats the best oil to use and best way to apply it? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Forgive my stupidity here as I'm quite new to modding, whats the best oil to use and best way to apply it? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah sorry... Wasn't massively clear on my meaning... Essentially I am saying avoid using foam filters... They need too much oil to make them effective and too much oil leads to potential MAF failures ...

<tuffty/>