Benjamins S2000 air filter mod.

or i well dont no if to go for it and sell my jetex mapping i9n a few weeks what do i do

@jardo. Do you have experience with the creations tip? Most others say its good (half price of forge).
Is it just where it reduces in diameter going in to the 90' bend before the turbo?

the creation TIP reduced very early on Paul, the forge one is 70mm at the top and gradually tapers down, only reducing fully at the very bottom where space is ultra tight.

The creation one is 70mm at the top (for the MAF), then reduces gradually to the first bend (near the DV port) but from here down it's ALL tiny to the turbo. Holding one or the other in your hand you often won't spot the difference, but get them both together side by side and it's really obvious!

I showed an S2000 owner at Donington my air filter yesterday, he honestly couldn't believe I was running it, and was even more shocked when I said it was happily producing 330+ bhp with that filter on there!

This should explain all.

537896_10200602755651242_1012216928_n_zpsacfd6c5b.jpg

Poop. So almost as restrictive as the OE tip then?
forge have a seconds shop on ebay. Nothing for the AGU though :(

AGU / AUQ tips are fairly interchangable to be honest mate, just the position of the DV and PCV swap over, nothing that's not easily fixed, or not an issue at all if you run a catch can.

I lie. AGU tip in the Forge outlet for the same price of a creations TIP.
It says its a B class item as has marks on the Forge logo so can't be classed as new!

Done. The girlfriend treated me. This and the s2k filter. It's going to sound sweet!
Do you think with the filter as close to the wing as possible with the tab on the filter zip tied to the wing tab, and also the 5-ply silicone tip, it will be secure enough as not to upset the maf?

Has anyone fitted this on the s3 combined with the heat shield that bill supply's with his b5 tip? Ive just noticed the neck on my jetex has started to crack so will replace with one of these if theres enough room to keep the heatshield..

Phil

that looks the same mate just a different colour. id try just phoning up a local auto factors that sells parts. try a japenese specific place.

When doing this on a non S3, there's an air feed coming from the inner wing that fed the airbox. Keep or remove?

Jesus Christ the thing is loud. Initial thoughts are its lost some torque in lower revs. I'm sitting in the fence. Il test IAT's and maf readings tomorrow

I'm fairly underwhelmed with mine to be honest, I'll give it a few days and see if it grows on me. Probably just my imagination but seems to have made my dodgy idle issue worse

I only have a k03 though!
10hp is a great peak gain. But to me it's taken away something at the bottom to give to the top.

I only have a k03 though!
10hp is a great peak gain. But to me it's taken away something at the bottom to give to the top.

I do think a lot o these mods play with your mind a bit. It will be so difficult to notice much change on the road unless it was a significant amount of torque/power that was being lost. The first thing that I noticed when getting a bigger TIP was the power delivery was smoother low down but revs would climb easier up top so it is possible that the filter would do this. If you do put the stock airbox back on and you can do some VCDS logging it would be good to see what the differences are.

Just back in from a wee blast as the lack of torque thing was bothering me. To be honest I think it could've just been my imagination earlier, does feel a bit livelier, certainly no worse than with the airbox on.

Reactions: Westy
Initially I thought the low end felt off too; but actually I think it's simply smoothed out the power delivery a bit so there isn't so much of a noticable "kick"

Squirrel i think you are correct. I also saw a 6g/s from this

photo43_zps7e1391cd.jpg

to this

photo44_zps473a9e9e.jpg

its just too loud for me. if this wa sa weekend car it would be great. i love hearing the turbo spooling and then dumping. but for my daily, the poor dog doesn't know whats going on! so the cone and reducer for a 70mm maf will be for sale. please PM.

i like my above airbox. it sounds great but not OTT, and with the PiperX foam filter it pulled a few mg/s more than the OE setup.
i believe the OE box is a good setup. its just the actual intake hole is too small.

this way i believe it to be as effective as a foam cone, while giving it some sound and heat insulation.

Reactions: Westy
I got my Forge tip today. Can't for the life of me see what makes it a second! Only £75!

Maybe I am just a bit young; but nobody has EVER commented on my car being loud.

I don't get all this smoothed out and less torque nonsense either. :s

I've fitted one today along with a V2.2 B5 TIP.
null_zps1bfc662a.jpg

Do people seal around the filter/MAF with silicon?

Hello just took it all apart ready to fit mine but realised i need a reducer, but would i be better off getting an s3 maf or just getting a reducer so it fits my a3? need the part tomorrow what ever i do otherwise it all has to go back together :(

Thanks

Hello just took it all apart ready to fit mine but realised i need a reducer, but would i be better off getting an s3 maf or just getting a reducer so it fits my a3? need the part tomorrow what ever i do otherwise it all has to go back together :(

Thanks

Just get a reducer mate so much easier

yeah have done a maf was quite a bit so ordered a reducer £15 but meh still doing it ha literally going on 6hrs for catch can and n249 atm damm my broken hand

ive also just realised i have a hose from my air filter box whats is this? and how to i fit it too the s2000? i have an aum a3

Do you mean the hose in the wing? You can leave it as is or remove it for a little more space

If you're talking about the small hose with the clip attachment - that's for your SAI (Secondary Air Intake). You can just tie this up somewhere and leave it - or remove the system altogether

No not the cold air feed its a hose that leaves the air box just below the Max and goes down to near the alternator?

Ha sorry didnt see ur post, so can I just tie it out the way or do I have to bung it up? Is there any plus to removing it completely?