Benefits of EGR delete?

Djwoody

Reaction score
Has anyone had an EGR delete done on their 2.0 TDI?
Just wondering what the benefits would be.
I'm having no problems with mine at the moment, so maybe I should just give it a clean out.

Had mine deleted about a month ago now, maybe a slight noticeable difference in pickup from lower revs, mine was knackered anyway so I thought I'd remove instead of replace, be aware unless you get the EGR mapped out your engine light will come on most days :)!

I did the EGR delete 3 years ago, never regretted it and would do it with any future cars. If your EGR is working properly and is clean inside you will hardly notice any difference. But as Roblr says the engine light will probably come on so do it in conjunction with a remap. I did mine in advance of other hardware changes in improve airflow and then got the custom map. It was very disconcerting driving around for a few months with the engine light on.

Do it as part of your modifications plans, mine's now got the go of a Golf GTI but averages over 60mpg. What's not to like!

Will the engine management light come on when the EGR needs cleaning?
If it will then I suppose I can just leave it for the time being.

I already have a de-DPF and remap, but I'm looking at all possibilities for extra power and more MPG! :)

I believe it does, not so much when it
needs cleaning more when it's blocked due to all the carbon and s***e, mine came on with code P0401, I think the valve had got so clogged up it just wouldn't open or close, since having the EGR deleted I haven't had any more codes flash up apart from the one above (which I was expecting anyway), just a pain turning the engine light off every few days.

Last edited: