ben66

ben66

Reaction score
hellow help needed i bought an audi a4 2.5 tdi v6 advant and had the turbo replaced.After gitting the car back it is very sluggish in first and second gear ihave changed the map sensor and removed the three cats but the car still has no get up and go in first and second i am now out over 900 pounds and can only injoy the car on motorways HELP
Thanks Ben66

have you not done the basic thing and told the garage ?

there are a lot of things that can cause this. have you access to vag-com to start with? would be worth a fault scan. If not post up in the vcds forum for a member in your area to help. why was the turbo changed? are you sure this wasnt happening before the turbo was changed. can you give us a bit more info as in engine code, mileage, service history.....

A little more info might help, why was the turbo replaced? are u saying 3 rd and the rest of the gears are ok and it pulls well? manual or auto?

sorry the car is 2003 and manual the turbo was replaced because it blew.I have had the car on a computer and nothing showed up.The has a full history looks and drove like a new car until the turbo blew and was replaced with a new one.I have told the garage but of all 3 garages plus audi nobody can find a fault

is there any chance they could have put the wrong turbo on it one with less power or some thing just stapping in the dark ;-)

my guess is going to be Boost leak... if your turbo blew.. could their be parts of turbine in your intercooler pipework? could it need a remap?

check all your intercooler pipework, check your EGR valve, and try getting it remapped.

have you any Plooms of black smoke out the back? ect ect could it be a failing fuel pump? dodgy injectors..

after that i am all out of ideas...

can i also ask how did you remove the 3 cats and how does it sound ;)