Belfins countdown -13 days to go.

Well there's a surprise - just logged in to see I have a countdown thread! Thanks Sandra!

Only 12 days and approximately 16 hours to go!

Paul.

Reactions: Sandra
Well there's a surprise - just logged in to see I have a countdown thread! Thanks Sandra!

Only 12 days and approximately 16 hours to go!

Paul.

Glad you like your surprise Paul. Will have some nice music to make it more fun. I think i enjoy the countdown threads as much as you guys. :) x

I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to clock watching! Just milking the moment before the next phase of ownership which I believe is now being referred to as 'The Grin Club'!!

Hey Paul, aren't you suppose to be getting excited, looking at the clock, and phoning up the dealer? Maybe you are worn out after doing lots of posting on mark wiggy delivery. After all, my delivery is yonks away and have to keep my mind off it some how.
mark

Yup, I'm having that trouble too :/ Doesn't look anywhere near likely my order will be brought forward enough to meet Sept 1st now either

Hey Paul, aren't you suppose to be getting excited, looking at the clock, and phoning up the dealer? Maybe you are worn out after doing lots of posting on mark wiggy delivery. After all, my delivery is yonks away and have to keep my mind off it some how.
mark

Hi Mark, I've been so caught up in everyone else getting their new motors - especially Mark Wiggys (same colour as mine!). I've focused so much on my own collection day next Monday, I almost forgot my own birthday (today)! Now THAT'S excited!

cheers, Paul.

Thank you for the birthday wishes and tunes - I had a great day thank you!

4 days and 4 hours to go!

Cheers, Paul

This is it - zero hour is almost here!

​Good luck Paul, not long to go now, i will post you a tune up shortly. Look forward to the pics. :) x

Thanks Mark and Sandra! Pics are a definite, hopefully Cornish sun will be beaming later (overcast at the mo).

Cheers, Paul

Hi Belfin like many others on this site I am delighted for you to be collecting your car today. I am very curious, since I also live in Cornwall and are wondering where you placed your order for your car? Was it Truro, Plymouth, Exeter or somewhere else? I am still waiting to put my order in for the A3 SPB 184 ps. The wait seems endless. Your delivery time seems incredibly quick since my local salesman reckons quotas etc are now pushing orders placed currently for delivery in December or later. What deals if any were you able to negotiate when you placed your order?

Well I've got her! A couple of pics taken with my iphone, as required by the unwritten rules of the forum!

Totally chuffed to bits! Now gonna see how long I can spend sat inside her playing with all the gizmos before my Mrs tells me off!

Cheers, Paul.

Reactions: SJW, Daveotto and Sandra
Awesome looking car Paul, well pleased for you. The mrs will be watching tv in peace, you got a few hours yet. Enjoy and thanks for the pics. You got the "grin"? :) x

You need to update your signature as well. :) x

Reactions: Belfin
Well I've got her! A couple of pics taken with my iphone, as required by the unwritten rules of the forum!

Totally chuffed to bits! Now gonna see how long I can spend sat inside her playing with all the gizmos before my Mrs tells me off!

Cheers, Paul.

Paul, another stunning Daytona beauty!
I heard that Da3nnys mrs told him to sleep in the b***** car! He was talking about it so much!

Reactions: Belfin and Sandra
Hi Belfin like many others on this site I am delighted for you to be collecting your car today. I am very curious, since I also live in Cornwall and are wondering where you placed your order for your car? Was it Truro, Plymouth, Exeter or somewhere else? I am still waiting to put my order in for the A3 SPB 184 ps. The wait seems endless. Your delivery time seems incredibly quick since my local salesman reckons quotas etc are now pushing orders placed currently for delivery in December or later. What deals if any were you able to negotiate when you placed your order?

Hi 4Wurth, I ordered through Plymouth Audi. I did try Truro, but the wait was a lot longer than Plymouth. The chap I dealt with in Plymouth says in his quiet moments he jiggles around with the freebie options on peoples orders (no smoking packs, badging/debadging, etc) and occasionally a minor change can move a customers car a week or so forward. He can then correct back to the original order with a faster build date on the system. I think that's how he explained it!

Cheers, Paul.

Sandra - thank you for the tunes earlier! Yes, I have definitely got 'the grin'!

Refreshing to see a Daytona S line Sportback *without* roofs rails. Looks fabulous.

I'm a bit biased though because that's what I'm getting.

Cheers, Paul.

hope you managed to get some driving done alongside the sitting and grinning!!!!

I'm already sleeping in the shed!

Last edited:
Looks lovely Paul, just one thing though, they forgot to put the roof rails on. Lol

Mark

Looks lovely Paul, just one thing though, they forgot to put the roof rails on. Lol

Mark

Thanks Mark - they remembered pano roof though! Gonna find some quality driving time today (somehow) - can't wait!

Hi Belfin (Paul) thanks for the info. I will contact Plymouth when Audi give the order date to see whether they can offer any improvement on Truro's position. I have built up a very good relationship with Truro but it is interesting how each dealer can tweak things. I know of someone else who was offered a better discount on another model Audi with Plymouth it must be something to do with volume sales and quotas. Did you manage a good deal on discounts and trade ins. I would be interested to know? Glad your enjoying your car. I haven't seen many on the road around here.

Thanks Mark - they remembered pano roof though! Gonna find some quality driving time today (somehow) - can't wait!

Excellent mate, enjoy yourself. Only covered about 300 miles in mine up to now. Didn't spot the roof until I looked for a second time, nice.

Mark

Hi Belfin (Paul) thanks for the info. I will contact Plymouth when Audi give the order date to see whether they can offer any improvement on Truro's position. I have built up a very good relationship with Truro but it is interesting how each dealer can tweak things. I know of someone else who was offered a better discount on another model Audi with Plymouth it must be something to do with volume sales and quotas. Did you manage a good deal on discounts and trade ins. I would be interested to know? Glad your enjoying your car. I haven't seen many on the road around here.

Sorry I missed your last post - been busy driving!

I didn't get to do any serious wheeling and dealing with Audi, as I planned to sell my old car privately.

As you say, it may pay to shop around between dealerships. When I ordered in mid April the Truro delivery date was September (ish), while Plymouth was 'roughly' 12 weeks. I went with Plymouth and got my car in just under the 12 weeks.

I've seen only one A3 8V Sportback down here (apart from mine!). There was silver one in Liskeard on Tuesday.

Cheers, Paul.

Hi Belfin thanks for that. I bet you are really chuffed that you had such a fast order /delivery turn around time. I did see a daytona grey TDI A3 SPB in the car park at St Ives the other day. Looking really good. Dealer identity on it suggested a holiday maker down here enjoying our part of the world. It was actually sunny. I will take your advice and contact some dealers when the time comes. Must be soon now to order ? Enjoy your car. I saw elsewhere on this forum that somebody had got a bunch of flowers for the wife on delivery from the dealer and of course not to mention your gift. My wife is now expecting something to cap that when the time comes. I can't see that happening with Truro somehow. However you might have started a trend.