Before and after pics

I

imported_Yaseen

Not had chance to take pics of new but starting thread off
After many years decided to lose the boyracer look even though it got lots of complements everwhere.

changes:

1) Removed Front Rieger Infinity bumper replaced with Rieger RS4.
2) Front color coded grill is being changed to RS4 one when I get around to it
3) oem headlights changed for 2 piece projector
4) oem Foglights added
5) Bonnet re-sprayed to get rid of stonechips.
6) Rear smoked lights changed for oem 99.5- ones
7) eyebrows removed.
8) Ingolstadt number plate surround added
9) Rear bumper with rieger lower completely restored from wear and tear, re-sprayed and new mesh added.

Old look below:

Hi mate,

Sounds nice, looking forward to seeing pics.
I'm very tempted to get new wheels now after seeing how they transform the car.

Cheers

Derek

18" RS4 replica wheels wheels all the way imo best vfm for looks, multi spokes suit the car better imo. Get the right offset and the dished effect is ace.

And with cheap tyres only £650 or so (plus oem caps), cant go wrong!!

you wont get anything better for the money imo

Ps can you tell im a photoshop beginner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Mark aka the b5 guru /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif - looks a lot better , more classier. but nothing you won't havent seen before and not as good as your old car- but im happy with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I had more money to spend on the car would do like you and get oem Rs4 (more curvier and not so low as the Rieger), s4 skirts (rieger remind me too much of BMW) and s4 rear as best combo but it looks good as is so would be silly, rather sort other things out.

awaiting your s4 mods with baited breath :)

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
Mark aka the b5 guru /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif - looks a lot better , more classier. but nothing you won't havent seen before and not as good as your old car- but im happy with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I had more money to spend on the car would do like you and get oem Rs4 (more curvier and not so low as the Rieger), s4 skirts (rieger remind me too much of BMW) and s4 rear as best combo but it looks good as is so would be silly, rather sort other things out.

awaiting your s4 mods with baited breath :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Yaseen... I just wanted to know. Like I said in other threads, I wanna get a nice RS4 bodykit conversion for my B5 S4. I was thinking of Reiger but most people told me to go for OEM. What is OEM? Where could I purchase it? Is there a full body kit like Reiger with Skirts, front side fenders, bumper...available?

G

Ok so let me get this straight, ive researched for hours online and bugged people by pm etc and you want me to make it all easy for you and use part of my lunch break!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

no problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif here`s a definitive B5 exterior write up for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oem is Original Equipment Manufacture ie anything Audi supply. anything else is classed as you know as aftermarket. There are benefits and dis-advantages of both as you would expect.

First front bumper

Rieger

1) made to fit a a4/s4 so will require less time in the bodyshop ie less money and most bodyshops can do
2) £321 pounds ish
3) is deeper ie lower than the oem rs4 (good= more agressive perhaps,bad= more limitations when driving eg be very carefull if you need to go on curb when need to etc)
4) the grill cutouts are squarer then the oem
5) Comes as the bumper skin only- need to remove the bumper support from original bumper to fit (ie if you want to keep the a4 bumper for future use will need to get a scrap bumper support etc) and needs to be secured well (not hard to do)
6) If you get the 99.5 version, It comes with foglight brackets so you can fit original a4 fogs. (also able with and without washer cutouts)

OEM

1) as the RS4 is wider to fit this bumper you will need to either to as for example Excurion did and use washer and modify wings to fit. (ie a quality bodyshop who know what they are doing = lots of labour charge) Or do as Docurley is going todo and go the full hog- both look good.
2) Not as low so can takle the p1ss a bit with pavements etc eg when need to go round a car that is turning etc
3) only comes with washer cut outs
4) Around the same price as the Rieger I believe.
5) full bumper with bracket.
6) will need rs4 fogs

I bought my Rieger as thought the oem would be too much hassle, then for a time regretted it but now not too bothered- Both look excellent and you will be happy with both and will transform your car. The oem looks better no doubt in my mind but the most striking feature is the new style headlights, grill and fogs with them. Have a look at NMB, excursions old car and Rieger ones on AW and Audizine (and me when I get pics done) to decide for yourself.

Also consider an S4 bumper as is nice.

NOTE: There are many other bumpers but not going into them as feel these are the two best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Ill go through the sideskirts/ arches and rear bumper/spoiler auctions later when have time :)

Anymore questions just ask- If you buy Rieger let me know- I wrote out clear instructions with pics which I gace to the bodyshop just incase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif (In particular do not paint the fog mounts as some have done- looks crap, leave black)

[ QUOTE ]
excursion said:
Top man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark as we don't have a sticky or FAQ on this forum, ill guess maximum of two weeks before someone else asks similar question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

You should make up and standard reply then just paste it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice info though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Collection of pics as taken by my little brother- will take some more large and scenic ones soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are a few of them that live under the car lol- have good taste /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now not so much as the remote start freaks them out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
They are a few of them that live under the car lol- have good taste /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now not so much as the remote start freaks them out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks m8. What I like about Rieger is that there's a full RS4 conversion kit for my S4. I don't know about OEM (which I think that I have to through VAGPARTS in order to buy them), I have a feeling that I'll need to chop off a couple of inches from the skirts........ and the rest! It might take alot more time and work at the body shop. I'm really confused cause there's alot of $$$$ involved! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Are there any other manufacturers of body kit conversions for Audis??

Oh and BTW, very nice looking car Yaseen

G

I haven`t come across any widebody kits apart from the oem and Rieger ( and a guy in the states called Donny or summat who did a amazing one off custom job)

Ill take a look around for you when I get a chance, but unlilkely to find other good but cheaper kits as otherwise people would be doing them by the bucket loads so the above 2 is your best option.

With regards to skirts chopped- compared to the rest of the work it's nothing to worry about as the full conversion will need a lot of modifying anyway and a full re-spray most probably.

Oem is always the best option ring or email vagparts and ask for a price on the kit- then decide which to go for.You will need to find a quality bodyshop who do custom stuff on a regular basis and are willing to do the work- dont cut corners or you may pay for it in the long run. Also bear in mind the insurance costs and if, touch wood, it ever gets damaged.

Bear in mind that then you will need suspension, wheels (oem?) to fit the arches and anything else that comes up.

Docurley looking by his MR2 has the experience to pull it all off successfully so liase with him. If you really want to do, just go for it!!

I personally would spend less & still have a good looking car, spend most of the extra money left on the engine and save some for a long holiday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yaseen,

It's a vast improvement; I'm liking the RS4 front. And the old grill needs throwing into a lake.

Drew.

Yaseen,

Managed to source a bumper off a 99 T reg painted and delivered for £100 of ebay!
Sounds like an excellent deal, hopefully its good quality the bloke has 100% feedback.

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif