Beeping from rear

Some cars have the alarm sounder in the left rear of the car. Maybe that?
Or, if you have a towbar fitted there might be a problem with the indicator sounder? This normally only makes a noise when you have a trailer/caravan attached and you are indicating.
Depends how loud the beeping is.
Best bet is to track down exactly where the sound is coming from. Might have to remove some trim to find out where.
Hope this helps.
Jim.

Some cars have the alarm sounder in the left rear of the car. Maybe that?
Or, if you have a towbar fitted there might be a problem with the indicator sounder? This normally only makes a noise when you have a trailer/caravan attached and you are indicating.
Depends how loud the beeping is.
Best bet is to track down exactly where the sound is coming from. Might have to remove some trim to find out where.
Hope this helps.
Jim.
Yeah i believe it could be the alarm and may possibly be needing a new battery for it but not sure where to get these, any ideas apart from AUDI??

Cheers

If it's 3 or 4 beeps when you first start the car it's almost definately the alarm controller. It has backup batteries inside it, so that it can still operate if a thief disconnects the main battery (not that anyone would hear the feeble alarm, as it sounds like a clock radio).
A new controller/siren is about £80 from Audi, and it's a sealed unit, although you can replace just the rechargeables if you prise it open. The biggest PITA is getting to the ****** thing as it's right down in the nearside rear quarter, below the tupperware sub, behind the central locking pump, so you have to remove the boot trim and the sub to get to it.
If you do a search there's lots of info on here as to what batteries to use etc.

If it's 3 or 4 beeps when you first start the car it's almost definately the alarm controller. It has backup batteries inside it, so that it can still operate if a thief disconnects the main battery (not that anyone would hear the feeble alarm, as it sounds like a clock radio).
A new controller/siren is about £80 from Audi, and it's a sealed unit, although you can replace just the rechargeables if you prise it open. The biggest PITA is getting to the ****** thing as it's right down in the nearside rear quarter, below the tupperware sub, behind the central locking pump, so you have to remove the boot trim and the sub to get to it.
If you do a search there's lots of info on here as to what batteries to use etc.
Yeah that's what i hear, thought it might be that.

I agree the alarm is really bad, can just about hear it from right outside the car.

If i was to get a new alarm, how would i go about not using this one?

don't buy a new one. Just change the main battery and check the wirings of the alarm controller.

The siren/controller is underneath the tupperware sub on the passenger side in the boot. You need to remove the nearside boot trim. To do this unscrew 3 of the 4 cargo anchors, the 2 at the back and the one further up on the nearside. Then remove the boot lip trim (4 x T25 Torx screws), then undo the plastic screw up inside the cubbyhole above the rear light. Flip out the interior light and feed it back through the hole then the whole panelis just held by a metal spring clip on the side near the rear light, pull quite hard on this to release. The panel will still be held by a hidden screw underneath the rear speaker panel, but you can leave this in place as you'll have enough room to work by just moving the boot trim out of the way.
Then you need to remove the sub and the alarm siren is underneath

The siren/controller is underneath the tupperware sub on the passenger side in the boot. You need to remove the nearside boot trim. To do this unscrew 3 of the 4 cargo anchors, the 2 at the back and the one further up on the nearside. Then remove the boot lip trim (4 x T25 Torx screws), then undo the plastic screw up inside the cubbyhole above the rear light. Flip out the interior light and feed it back through the hole then the whole panelis just held by a metal spring clip on the side near the rear light, pull quite hard on this to release. The panel will still be held by a hidden screw underneath the rear speaker panel, but you can leave this in place as you'll have enough room to work by just moving the boot trim out of the way.
Then you need to remove the sub and the alarm siren is underneath
Hi AndyMAC, Thanks very much for that.
BTW how much are the batteries and do i have to get it form Audi direct?

Thanks Again

You can get them from Maplins (Audi don't sell them, probably haven't ever even seen them), about £15 apparently.

Hi Maplin's part number is BN24B, £6.25 each, and you will need two in series.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=30958&doy=25m8

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=39947 has the method for changing the batteries. It's for a TT, but exactly the same unit is used in the A3.

Cheers,
Many thanks for that, but seems like alot of work!!!
I'll have to decide if i can be bothered with all that especially as it envolves soldering.

Many thanks again anyway

Replaced my alarm siren batteries this evening because I'd started to get the dreaded 4 beeps. Followed this method and it's sorted! Highly recommended. Bit of a faff getting the unit out & back in again, but simple enough to do.

Audi Avant 2.5 TDi 2003 has rently developed beeping in long bursts, which are not stopped by opening or closing central locking, ignition on or off etc. Sound appears to be coming from rear right hand corner behind boot side trim hatch. May be from an "amplifier" which is housed there - I guess this is maybe an aerial amplifier. Is this the same fault as this thread, does anyone know, and if so, how difficult is it to get at the batteries to replace, please?