been working on the car

allofus6

Reaction score
So today thought i would do a few things on the car firstly changed the fuel filter and easy job you may think as did i, easy to get to that's for sure but those ****** clips wouldn't come off for love nor money, I'm thinking that it's been on there for a while took me around 45 mins but was determined, the old one was black when i shook it and emptied it so definitely needed doing. so onto the cleaning of the throttle body, maf and intake pipe, all of them pretty dirty but can eat your dinner off them now, sparkling :).. then onto the plastic surround under the window screen it had come away from the window so removed the wiper arms disconnected the water pipe and electrical connection and cleaned out the groove with a toothbrush, it was full of crap 20 mins later fitted it back on and it is now snug with the window. pleased because i know it can be a pain from what i've read.
last but not least carried on with the toothbrush and got rid of all the mould and crap around the window rubbers a worthwhile job for sure. the only reason the mould and crap had built up is because the car was sat on my drive for around seven months. looks alot better now. a new set of floor mats( that actually fit properly and it feels like a new car, not bad for a 17 year old car with 136k on the clock. must admit it runs like a dream now, just waiting for my sea foam to come and will treat the inside of the engine a good clean out(getting ready to **** of the street with billows of white smoke) can't wait lol.
Next on the agenda are the front arb's and the rear trailing arm bushes and i think it's pretty much a cracking little car for the wife when she passes her test, that good in fact that I'm getting an a3 in the new year cause i love driving it. anyway that's all just thought I'd tell you about my day. :) p.s also last week i fitted new front and rear mintex discs and pads made a big difference .

Last edited:
Reactions: epox and cammage08