been in a crash and now thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
id hope most people know that the car will slide out more easily in the wet!

but i understand what you mean.

Yep but people brake in corners or accelerate harshly through bad habits and when doing it in the wet causes the car to skid out easier.

Judging by the state of some peoples tyres I think they believe the car is held onto the road through magic.

It seems some people on this forum have never done anything stupid in their lives...

Your lucky you walked away by the sounds of it, a young 17 year old boy driving to fast round a bend and losing it is nothing new, he isn't the first and won't be the last...

I wouldn't let it deter you from doing your suspension because your the one in control, I've lost a car on a bend before years ago and in some ways it's made me a better driver, no way would I ever go into a bend to quickly again, you've just got to learn from your mates stupidity and and just be thankful it wasn't worse...

It seems some people on this forum have never done anything stupid in their lives...

Well unfortunately advances in Healthcare mean chronically stupid people are living longer. 6 Points at 17? A re-test at 17? Wrecking the car at 17?

Let's hope he's not on the road next to you when he does this next time huh.

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread needs a bit of composure....please lets not let it get locked.

TBH I dont think anyone is being out of order, I've not seen any abuse or anyone being rude etc. just people stating their opinions.

T

"90 MPH around a corner"
in my eyes thats 'out of order'

Well unfortunately advances in Healthcare mean chronically stupid people are living longer. 6 Points at 17? A re-test at 17? Wrecking the car at 17?

Let's hope he's not on the road next to you when he does this next time huh.

I agree with what your saying, I wouldn't want someone like this ploughing into me or anybody else for that matter, I've seen some terrible driving on the roads and a lot of the time there a lot older than 17 and should know better, it's probably these people that haven't had a bad experience 'yet'

all I'm saying is were all different, have different views etc...but if your unfortunate to be in an accident then you have to learn from it...

your right leggy, i doubt hes much worse than any other boy racer who think there the s*** on the roads, hes just unlucky he got caught..he was the one i made a post on where he got caught speeding by a policeman on a bike and had no proof of speeding, just hoped he learned his lesson.

You learn by your mistakes, show must go on!

That depends very much on the corner!.

Not sure how you can say it depends on the corner. In my opinion it's still dangerous and ****** irresponsible. Not saying I would never give the car a hard drive every now and then, but there has to be a time and a place. A friend of mines son is at present serving 5 years for crashing his Subaru into an on coming car. What I mean by a time and a place was his speed was 60mph.....which was deemed too fast for the road conditions even though he wasn't breaking the limit. Everyone has a different perspective of their own safe driving limit, unfortunately the mind and ability are 2 separate entity's.

Not sure how you can say it depends on the corner. In my opinion it's still dangerous and ****** irresponsible. Not saying I would never give the car a hard drive every now and then, but there has to be a time and a place. A friend of mines son is at present serving 5 years for crashing his Subaru into an on coming car. What I mean by a time and a place was his speed was 60mph.....which was deemed too fast for the road conditions even though he wasn't breaking the limit. Everyone has a different perspective of their own safe driving limit, unfortunately the mind and ability are 2 separate entity's.

Nice speech mac.

But your right, at the end of the day i cant even think of a single corner or a bend i have EVER drove around at 90mph, the only time i do those kinds of speeds are in a straight line and when safe to do so.:asskicking:

he didnt do the corner the corner at 90 mph lol..he aproached it..this corner is one way aswell, 90 mph around it is not possible. but you can get up to speeds of 90mph easily, but what i was saying is that he left it too late to break and kind of like braked really hard to put him into a skid then tried turning at the same time. he was probally doing the corner at 70mph, which yes was too fast. it was a bend sorry. the bend bend before this bend you can do 90. im not saying its safe or anything or responsible, it was dead clear infront nothing behind, most people on here i rekon sometimes uses the there a3/ s3's power.

whats the point of this thread?

The police can act on such threads and topics as they regularly scroll through youtube catching up with these so called heros and there amazing antics on our roads.

Sure everyone has a blip of the throttle now and then but come on this just sounds plain stupid.

and most are caused by numpty's that cant drive, got a loan bought a fast car and think there amazing drivers.

I was pointing out that you should be carefull who and where you go boasting to about doing 90 on public roads.

This thread made me chuckle. Yes, it is a contentious issue, but IF you read the first post, emery1990 [I hope that is not the year you were born :ermm:] clearly states that he is hesitant to spend money on something that may encourage him to go faster round corners.
Well, to me that shows that you are on the right track. You have a brain, and are thinking that perhaps you have limitations ...... well good. If you are in fact 19, your driving experience may not really be up there. I have driven since I was 14, and I am no where near an amazing person behind the wheel. I know my limitations, and stick within them. Occasionally I get a bit excited, and perhaps doing something that a little silly for being on a public road, but not so silly that I it is beyond what i know I can do.

The question then becomes how well do you really know your limits? I would love to be able to throw a car round like a pro, but that's not me. Whether I go round a bend at 30 or 90 is neither here nor there, what is important to me is that me, and my car stay in one piece.

As for your mate, there are LOADS of people like that on the road. Whether that is right or wrong can be debated for ever, but knowing that means that everyone needs to be aware. I have been cut off in dangerous ways more times than I care to imagine, but luckily being alert to the stupidity of others has allowed me to react and stay safe.

I truly hope your mate considers his own ability, I have lost a couple of frineds in accidents, and it is such a senseless end.

As a matter of interest is it the exit for Port Solent/Tesco off the M275?

buy good tyres first people spend 1000s on mods and drive around on cheap rubber:banghead:

I hate to say this emery but you sound like you have a lot to learn about driving.

Taking a corner at 90 won't ever be normal on any road like you mentioned on the previous page. Spending your money on suspension to allow you to take corners quicker is a silly idea...

Your mate is the reason why us young drivers have stupidly high insurance quotes.

And you're on the defensive telling people it wasn't you driving... no one has suggested you were. Learn from his silly mistakes. Drive sensible on the road and stick to the speed limits, don't push your car (and your ability) as you will find out the hard way that you just don't have the ability.

Quattro is a nice system to have but it will not compensate for a big driver error. Take a corner at 90 and brake like you said your friend did and you are likely to lose it anyway regardless of having a Quattro.

Drive safe, stick to the speed limits and be a good driver. Your mates might laugh and call you a geek or whatever but it could save your life, will definitely help lower your insurance and will keep you driving for a long time.

I have an S3 at 21 purely down to being a safe driver. I rarely break the speed limit except to overtake when it's safe. Safe driving and learning from others is the best method I've found. I've made mistakes yeah, and some I've regret and some have made me feel a right tw*t. I learn from those mistakes and don't do them again...

Oh, and Police do scour the Internet, they will certainly find out who you are and keep tabs on you if you boast about this online, or what your friends do. You'd be amazed what a little googling will do Toby. I even have your email address now...

Your mate is the reason why us young drivers have stupidly high insurance quotes.

Thats true...And it takes the p*ss. I'm 19 and got a long wait, till my insurance goes down. When it comes to the next car and insurance its gonna be over £2k easy. And i dont drive like a idiot or boy racer. Only time i do put my foot down alot is on the dual carriage way or the motorway. Just a big long stretch of road, and it normally be on my way home from work so by 11pm its quite dead.

As a matter of interest is it the exit for Port Solent/Tesco off the M275?

yes thats the bend.

im 18 not 19..19 in 3 months :icon_thumright: i know i have little to no experience on driving on the roads yet and what my abilitys are. thats why i dont go stupid. other hand my mate does.

i understand what your all saying.

Oh, and Police do scour the Internet, they will certainly find out who you are and keep tabs on you if you boast about this online, or what your friends do. You'd be amazed what a little googling will do Toby. I even have your email address now...[/QUOTE]

im not boasting lol

i know they scour the internet. but nothings going to come of this thread.

i know they scour the internet. but nothings going to come of this thread.

Just be careful mate, you'd be surprised what people learn about you off the internet. I even found out where you go to college. I'm not meaning to be harsh, and I'm certainly not trying to pick on you, so sorry if it comes across that way! Enjoy your car, but take care! :rock:

thats bad

Yeah, it is. Thank Voorhees! Very good link. Scary but hopefully it will make people realise. Scares the hell out of me seeing chav's zoom past in Saxo's etc, but this hits home about the age and inexperience.

I'm glad I don't zoom about, but it will certainly make me think the next time I decide to have a small blast even on a straight clear motorway!

lol nah its okay ...i guess it is pretty easy through facebook and other sites really. all i knows is your from oxford

when it first happened you could go on the forum where he had posted and see the reactions of other members when they realised what had become of him.

I thought the link was going to be pics of that blue S3 that crashed in the woods a few years back - the "older" guys here will probably remember it - it wasn't nice.

I think the point's been made and young Toby (that was very discreet omega - made me laugh a bit - very good points by the way! ) has taken it all on board, so I would like to propose that this thread is locked :undwech: before someone says something they shouldn't :busted_cop: - can I get a second?!!

thread_closed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.