Be wary of this S4 (OY64 KGA)

OliNix

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grill, mister.c., RyanJonS4 and 2 others
If anyone sees the below S4 for sale:
Reg: OY64 KGA

I suggest you give it some serious thought before purchasing. It is advertised as “stolen/recovered”. However, what they really mean is severely crashed.

Details of advert: View attachment 206502

Details of damage: https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/56110308/

This isn’t recorded on any HPIs, I did the checks and all was clear!
I think the adds been taking down now

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

The seller took it down after I messaged him to say I wouldn’t be buying it!

Hence the PDF attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seller took it down after I messaged him to say I wouldn’t be buying it!

Hence the PDF attached.

How did you find out it had been through co part originally?

How did you find out it had been through co part originally?

Mrs wasn’t happy about the car and it’s strange history. She told me to google the reg. and in the images at the top of a google search this popped up!

Reactions: jakm15
To be clear here, the seller may not have known about this. It may have happened prior to their ownership and they may be the one who has been duped, I do not know. I do not want to be slanderous in any way, the seller was perfectly amicable.

I just want to highlight the missing information of the accident from any records so that nobody gets duped.

Well spotted, reminds me of a car I owned and sold without knowing it had been clocked although loosing 50k miles isn't quite as bad as the entire front end.

The date it was sold by Copart was March 4th 2019, so wouldn't be surprised if the current owner has been duped.

According to DVLA it hasn’t been taxed since Jan 2019 and has only covered 50 odd miles since the salvage listing (they photographed the dash).

So most likely hasn’t been driven. But yes it may have been repaired and then sold to this person who obviously was not as good of an investigator.

So it needed a bit more than a good detailing then!

I originally set my heart on buying a very nice looking silver S4 back in 2013, then I got a bit concerned about things like trim missing on one side, I investigated the garage near Bradford and it seemed that they tended to get raided by the police on a regular basis, with many firearms being found and threatening behaviour to anyone passing near their place, so I grudgingly let that one go. It sounded like only armed police or armed civilians wandered into that area, quite a few heavily blinged up RangeRovers in pictures of that garage, hum, a special type/group of people!

Was there not someone that was trying to sell his services to people so that you could avoid that sort of thing - even on this website, and he told to b'r off, even although he could reveal Audi dealers selling on restored write offs like R8 etc, either they were "in on it" or just being dumb and pretended a properly rebuilt wreck should hold the same value as a pristine undamaged used car.