Be aware be safe

I just notice that a lot of times the manual shows the view from the outside of the car when people reading it from the inside - I suppose either works in a way - but yea - once my S5 is ordered and arrived I will install Ghost as well ... Our area is thankfully quite save ...

I think the more thing`s in there way big or small the more chance they will move to an easier target.

Reactions: S32B
I had my interior completely destroyed once because they couldn't move the car. Was my first car (mk 1 - 1974 Polo) way before immobilizer. We had a dead switch put in, was a regular button that looked like a light switch that cut off the ignition. They even sh**** in it out if frustration

I think the more thing`s in there way big or small the more chance they will move to an easier target.
Exactly, they want to be in and gone, not faffing about getting through multiple security devices.

Does anyone have a list of Ghost installers? I'm looking foe one in London if anyone has used someone and would recommend them.

I’ll do that, was thinking of it as I did have a look on their website but couldn’t see a list of installers anywhere

Emailed today and was pointed in the direction of The London Car Alarm Co so I will speak to them tomorrow and see how I get on.
Anyone know about them here?

Thanks for that, the reviews I found were good as well, they are coming to fit a ghost tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes

Thanks for that, the reviews I found were good as well, they are coming to fit a ghost tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes
What fitting style you going for, gearbox lock or engine cut out???

This is mine on gearbox lock, handy this week when it was frosty as I just started the car and went back inside...if anyone had jumped in they can't go anywhere lol:

Reactions: SimonAshley, crazylegscrane and AlnSaz
The Ghost was fitted today, it's a really smart bit of kit, I went for the engine cut so if the correct code is not entered the car start then stalls and a drive system fault is shown.

What fitting style you going for, gearbox lock or engine cut out???

This is mine on gearbox lock, handy this week when it was frosty as I just started the car and went back inside...if anyone had jumped in they can't go anywhere lol:

This looks like an awesome bit of kit!
Very Jason Statham - Transporter!

Is it all a fixed price thing or do some installers charge more for it?

This looks like an awesome bit of kit!
Very Jason Statham - Transporter!

Is it all a fixed price thing or do some installers charge more for it?
lol I told a lad in work about the Ghost system and how it works the other day. I then showed him the Audi phone app that lets you lock/unlock the car, shows the service status, where it's parked and where you are etc. For the rest of the week he was taking the Pi55 calling me Jason Statham :D

RRP is £399, but it's between you and the fitter on the final price! ;)

Well that’s me just upgraded my house door locks on the back of threads like these. Never really worried about being broken into before, but since having the S3 and reading all these stories it’s has made me really paranoid about it, actually had a dream it was stollen the other night. So after a bit of searching on the web I’ve gone for Ultion high security locks, apparently the best out there. Only available via approved locksmiths, local supplier wanted £200 fitted for 3 Locks. Ended up getting them on eBay for £85, result
Alarm and CCTV next on the list and just waiting on quotes to come back.
The things you need to do to keep family and belongings safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want any advice on the intruder or cctv just ask

Reactions: S32B and BarryG79
Has anyone used a wheel clamp as a security measure before? Our drive is very well lit and visible to the road so my thinking is that it will be more of a deterrent than a steering wheel lock as they would be extremely exposed while removing it. My worry is that it may cause cosmetic damage to the alloys being fitted and removed regularly.

Look at rampost in Manchester, far better idea if doable.