BCS Powervalve Exhaust System Help

Sam Axon

Reaction score
Looking into getting myself a BCS powervalve system if I manage to sell my Wingbacks. Just got a couple of questions if anyone can help.

- Currently I have a scorpion 3" downpipe and sports cat going to a 'oem' cat back. Will the BCS system match upto the scorpion as I don't want to change it.

- With the powervalve system how is the valve controlled? Boost, vacuum or via a switch/remote?

- Does BCS sell the Powervalve system as a 'catback' only option? As the website only has TBE systems. If so what is the price?

- If anyone has a video of an S3 with sports cat and bcs catback on there car please DM me, would love to hear it.

Cheers - thanks in advance.

I asked the same question at BCS and they said that they would not supply a catback system to fit on to my APR downpipe. The Powervalve is boost controlled.

Last edited:
APR recommend the Milltek cat back which is what i will go for. 75%+ of the benefit is in the down pipe anyway. Its almost impossible to get any of theses manufacturers to actually produce performance data for their products anyway so you are basically spending up to £1200 with your fingers crossed.

APR recommend the Milltek cat back which is what i will go for. 75%+ of the benefit is in the down pipe anyway. Its almost impossible to get any of theses manufacturers to actually produce performance data for their products anyway so you are basically spending up to £1200 with your fingers crossed.
Very true, but the other reason to spend more is quality. Miltek is known for having quality issues, while BCS offer lifetime warranty on their products and great service in general. Something to consider.

Absolutely agree that BSC sets the standard but its not an option for Sam who has a scorpion downpipe nore for me or prt57 with APR down pipes.

I was told by the APR supplier that the stock 8P system (cat back) is pretty good anyway however on the dyno i have strangulated torque up the top end so i think back pressures could be a reason. I will get a Milltek fitted to my APR next week and see what difference it makes over the stock system.

Reactions: samuelh_888 and S.
Is there a reason BCS do not sell just the car back? Like I'm happy to chop up my scorpion DP if needed. The BCS system would be great as I start work at 0620 AM and that system would be perfect. I originally had a scorpion non res cat back but found it a little too loud in the mornings. Maybe a milltek resonated cat back might do the trick. Shame really as I was willing to pay BCS.

Its strange one, i suppose it encourages people to buy the full system from them but then you lose the sales from people with Scorpion, APR, Cobra etc downpipes. Personally i was ready to buy a BCS but i got so fed up with their awful website, white text on a white car background and FAQ not working i didn't bother in the end. I tend to think your website is your first point of contact with the customer and if thats rubbish then.....:)

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and Sam Axon
Im running BCS turbo back powervalve system on my S3.. ive ran both the sports cat option and then i chose to go the decat route to get more pops and bangs.. there isnt a whole lot of difference between the 2 but being BCS and how well they make these exhausts i have the option of easily interchanging the decat pipe with the 200 cell sports cat for MOT purposes.. best modification ive made by far

Reactions: Sam Axon
Is there a reason BCS do not sell just the car back? Like I'm happy to chop up my scorpion DP if needed. The BCS system would be great as I start work at 0620 AM and that system would be perfect. I originally had a scorpion non res cat back but found it a little too loud in the mornings. Maybe a milltek resonated cat back might do the trick. Shame really as I was willing to pay BCS.

Phone Nigel or Dave @ BCS and ask them. I’m sure they do a cat back that connects to the std dp.

@paddy - I can’t open the BCS website on Virgin Media, I get security errors. Shame really, as you say, it’s their shop window.

Reactions: Sam Axon and paddy
Does anyone know if a milltek cat back will match up to my scorpion down pipe OK?
Think thats going to be my route of choice now.

Does anyone know if a milltek cat back will match up to my scorpion down pipe OK?
Think thats going to be my route of choice now.

Sell your original downpipe, I know it's unneeded expense but the full system really is worth it. Also best mod on mine by far

Reactions: leshkin
Sam
The APR down pipe is 3" like the Scorpion and mates to the Milltek. Any exhaust fitter that supplies Milltek will have suitable sleeves to go from 3" to 2.75". That should give you a really nice system. end of the day my S3 goes like stink on a APR down pipe and stg2+ and a std exhaust and i doubt the extra power from a high flow exhaust would be really noticable given about 80% of the power comes from the downpipe and sport cat as far as i can see. If it does give you extra power its likely to be up above 6k revs i would think.

Reactions: Sam Axon
I have debated it today and decided to go for a milltek. I've had one in the past on my mk7 fiesta st and quiet liked it.
I'm only running stage 2 software and won't be going any further. Plus the hassle of taking off and selling my downpipe is more hassle than it's worth. Plus the extra £1k in my bank will do well elsewhere on the car. Thanks for all the replies guys. Top replies as always

Just spoke to demon tweeks regarding my milltek I ordered yesterday as they hadn't dispatched it, since I also paid for next day delivery hoping it would be here today, then the lady on the phone (i know its not her fault) said that they're waiting for the back box to arrive in stock which should take 2 weeks!
On the web page it states 'in stock for immediate dispatch' which tells me it's there ready to to be sent out if im correct? A bit cheesed off, as I had already booked into the garage Friday, so having to let them down too. After 15 minutes of discussing it I managed to get my postage refunded, so the wait continues...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    552.2 KB · Views: 321