BCS powervalve exhaust & race chip

kbrownie

Reaction score
booked in for a cat back bcs valved exhaust and order the new race chip ultimate . Anyone had this combo fitted ?

When i was looking for exhaust, i looked at power valve, a lot! i spoke to them, and they're more than helpful and prepared to offer a discount etc etc.

they mentioned their race chip, but i wasnt interested.

i still haven't got an exhaust, i don't know when or if i.e. even will but I've checked all avenues. So I'm sorry that i can't comment much more on BCS.
customer service is something that says a lot of products in my opinion, and they certainly exceeded in that avenue, so i would take their pride and knowledge in their products as a good sign to their quality.

I have a full 200 cell exhaust system on the kids B6 S4 and its the dogs.

I was offered the race chip but I haven't heard of anyone else using it so I stayed clear, the figures sound better than the dtuk box but that's just numbers isn't it

they are the dtuk of Germany I read . It has a 30 day money back guarantee. And has the app for with different tune modes and also a turbo timer which you set to cool down your turbo. Which seems far more advanced that dtuk and other tuners ?

they are the dtuk of Germany I read . It has a 30 day money back guarantee. And has the app for with different tune modes and also a turbo timer which you set to cool down your turbo. Which seems far more advanced that dtuk and other tuners ?
Basically what I heard as well, it's all the same things really but as you said the ecu seems far more advanced

yes . The 2 year engine warranty is good reassurance aswel

Have the race chip on my Golf R Mk7 and it works really well, gave 505nm torque on the rollers at awesome with 99 Ron fuel.

Reactions: Cairnsy13 and kbrownie
Can only comment on their turbo back. The sound always put a smile on my face and many heads turn when you ride that exhaust note with each gear change.

I was really curious on Racechip since promising high hp/nm figures and easy install. It seems though it is a primitive box only using the two boost related sensors. That also means you have to have to access from below the under tray as most other piggy back tunes. (Except e.g
Mtm.)

I would suggest googling on JB1. E.g. loads and loads of info found on the US VW forums. According to many testimonials it is in a class of it's own among piggy back tunes

Also being able to regulate fuel pressure. Thus running smoother / less jerky and not going lean as typical for most other piggy back tunes.

Last edited:
I was really curious on Racechip since promising high hp/nm figures and easy install. It seems though it is a primitive box only using the two boost related sensors. That also means you have to have to access from below the under tray as most other piggy back tunes. (Except e.g
Mtm.)

I can only go off how good it feels to me - which is very impressive...
In terms of the technology it has a 48mhz processor
cheers

does anybody have a jb1 who can comment ??

I chatted with Nige for a little while to see if we could use my S3 as a guinea pig for them to develop the exhaust on. Unfortunately I just couldn't make it work due to time and cost. Nige was incredibly helpful though and I'm gutted we could work something out - I did my homework at the time and could only find people saying very good things about their exhausts.

have you had the exhaust on dyno with a stock car Nige ?!

Exhaust was fitted to the Gof R Mk7 (MQB) and dynoed just prior to the APR stage 2 map installation with induction kit...

review here....

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/12740-bcs-powervalve-just-do-it/

So I'm now flying the BCS flag on my 7R... Here's a brief iPhone review for all & anyone.

Firstly, Customer Service & experience.
Booked in a few weeks ago, had a good natter with Nige on the phone about cars in general. Turns out we have similar taste!
Arrived 2 weeks later for fitting, met the chap fitting the system and grabbed coffee with Nige. They have a nice quiet waiting area where I could get some work done whilst waiting.
Towards the end of the fitting I was walked through the system and shown everything from underneath. Always comforting that the guys want to show off their product and are proud of the engineering finish, let alone the sound.
Really couldnt ask for more!

Exhaust tips & looks
My approach to the R7, was one which required subtlety (potentially at risk when Acid Green Calipers are fitted).
So the black tips were always a strong favourite, however I wanted to see both polished stainless tips & black under the car before choosing.
The guys were happy to oblige, but we all knew what was going to be best. Black! Stunning!
Oval tips..... Just a class above the VW OEM ones, which in my opinion almost look like an after thought and possibly over the top.
The round but angle cut tips suit the purpose and capability if the car, yet in black are not visually offensive not apparent immediately.
Those that have negatively commented on the BCS tips clearly haven't seen them in the flesh. They are perfect for the car. Stainless, black or Carbon. They work!

Exhaust...
Full TBE fitted.
First thing to mention on the new platform, is 10-20bhp has been released with most exhausts with improved aftermarket downpipes. OEM design is restrictive, very!

Stock Dyno run after BCS fitting ran 322bhp before the APR St2 map. (388bhp)

BCS Valve - is actuated by boost pressure and has its own boost line from the turbo. Very trick! This eliminates unwanted drone and volume at any speed/Rev. An aftermarket dream!!!

Sound on start up & idle - A subdued hummmm with enough depth to notice this car is no ordinary golf.

Revving - an unoffensive rasp, again with perfect depth, and an almost over-run popple as the revs reduce.

Normal driving (off boost) - internally you will hardly notice any change at all over stock, volume has not increased internally but the sound is just a lot better.
Externally, off boost you get a nice sporty note, it's quiet though, more than acceptable if it were actually a factory exhaust, you'd never know from a volume perspective.

Spirited/Closed Private runway driving - on boost the valve opens up, and hello! A beautiful noise inside the car, not droney at all, just perfection all the way to gear change. At which point the most almighty of 4pot DSG farts violates the person you just overtaken... It makes you smile! With Stage 2 the additional pressure increases the whole experience even more.
Externally the volume is loud, but not offensively, again it's just right!

Credit to BCS and also to VW for soundproofing, but the internal noise is perfect when off boost, never any drone, and on boost you get the noise and volume you've always wanted.
... Simply couldn't ask for better.

I've worn many aftermarket systems, many Milltek, which were good but not without fault. BCS is several leagues above in terms of the type and quality of sound you get, the volume and the way in which the valve works.
You literally get the best of both worlds!
My ideal requirements are for an underlying sporty note when driving steady or even in Eco mode, but without the fuss of changing settings when driving hard, getting a great sound but not an intrusively loud one. And I gauge perfection in these regards as being able to hold a conversation with my girlfriend without drowning her out or having that irritating niggle that the exhaust is ******* you off.
(Some may actually prefer this
emoji23.png
)

If you are as I was, left hugely underwhelmed by the stock system... Just get A BCS! Call Nige now, and order it, worth every penny! Remember you'll get a good return when you sell it!
If you are already looking at upgrading, look no further! If you're foolish enough to buy a Milltek for your R (or already have one), never ask to hear a BCS system, you'll want to hang yourself! I speak from experience, I had the TBE Milltek developed on my S1, which was okay... But not on par with BCS.

It's always difficult to choose a system, as you rarely get the opportunity to hear them. I've cocked up a few times as a result, yes, BCS was a gamble as were others in the past.
The gamble paid off, and the quality of engineering, design, appearance and the valve tech, I'll be speaking to Nige for a system on my future cars...

BCS deserve some golf custom with such a fantastic system! I'm located in West Yorkshire and happy for anyone to come out with me and have a listen. Please PM me!

Here are a few photos of my sleeper.....
113b4f012f40eecda8b4ad92beff8663.jpg

cc2769655c417f95625cc1d31b7ad8de.jpg

45466dc50d66493463021c47c108e69c.jpg

662d67b7c78d16b49a0634999cce8275.jpg

177337e9207c2495fbcfbb6c0c0a2b8f.jpg

NIGE @ BCS
01744 610 244

Reactions: Hookmonster and Forbzeeee