BCS exhaust experience

TomBlueS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have the BCS cat back WRC system on their S3 8v?

What’s the noise like on cold start up? Is it OEM or louder?

Also does anyone have the BCS anti drone pipe with their flaps open all the time? Is there any drone?

Thanks all in advance

I got the latter, it does drone on motorway (FL is better due to additional gear I believe) but is pretty awesome the rest of the time :)

Reactions: N.J.H
We developed the anti-drone centre silencer delete pipe with valves active - it was never intended to be run with the valves coded open :-(

Cheers
Nige

Reactions: THQuattro, Sandra and TomBlueS3
We developed the anti-drone centre silencer delete pipe with valves active - it was never intended to be run with the valves coded open :-(

Cheers
Nige

Thank you Nige

What is the cat back WRC system like on cold start up? Is it louder than OEM? Thank you.

I have a Scorpion Res delete as picked it up cheap second hand on my facelift 7 speed with valves open all time
Cold start is abit shouty compared to stock tbh but I've got used to it even after a week, obviously there's more noise and more drone but nothing annoying at all if driving normal in auto it's always sat low in rev range so hardly any different. It is noisy when slowing down if you drop it through the gears but again when driving steady in auto you slow the car down on the brakes rather than engine braking so not an issue.
Basically it's only loud when you want it to be loud apart from cold starts which I do like but in certain situations it looks like you've started the car up and pumped the throttle to people who don't know their cars!

Also I had a BCS system from nige on my ed30 and fitted one to my brother's ed30 after aswell, you won't find better quality out there :)

Reactions: BCS Nige, N.J.H and Sandra
As you can tell the WRC cat-back has a distinct gravelly sound but would be by no means over the top unless free revving at the high rev range.
However, if you plan is to go full turbo-back then I think the Prestige system would be hard to beat - as there is no system on the planet that can give the pop and burble from a non mapped car - video below ;-)

Cheers Nige