BCS downpipe

S38pkyle-ing

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning on ordering a bcs downpipe and 200 cell sports cat for my s3 8p (2010).

I've heard the engine light will come on once it's fitted and the only way to get it to stop is coding it out with a stage 2 map.

Is there any other way to stop this happening ? And will the downpipe fit directly onto my oem cat back ?

Any help will be appreciated guys

Hi @S38pkyle-ing

The engine check light won't typically come on with the BCS downpipe & 200 cell cat, and it will connect to your existing cat back. A couple have reported the check light but by far the majority have been fine.

You can buy an angled lambda spacer that takes the sensor out of the path of the exhaust gasses, most of the time that stops the check engine light coming on.

No problems with mine but I had the stage 1 remap at the time, downpipe comes with a reducer to fit the rear section, top quality piece of kit, no issues at MOT time either, passes omissions checks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i recently just fitted a full Turbo back and have not had any issues with lights and everything fit sweetly , now just have to see if it passes emission test but i dont see that being a problem

i recently just fitted a full Turbo back and have not had any issues with lights and everything fit sweetly , now just have to see if it passes emission test but i dont see that being a problem

The advice is to get the system hot before the test, I didn’t and the first year it was touch and go on co2 second year passed easily

Mines going into West London Audi next week for MOT - I’m all worried about my BCS now (I have the 200cell Cat)...

Mines going into West London Audi next week for MOT - I’m all worried about my BCS now (I have the 200cell Cat)...

As said, get it hot and it'll be fine. Could ba an idea to mention it's got a race cat, get it hot on the way to the test centre and they can do the emissions test first

Reactions: samuelh_888
Both times I left mine early picked up late, I was worried but passed both times, sorry if my post was misleading

Reactions: samuelh_888