BBS Speedline help

vfr800

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a cheap set of 18" Audi BBS Speedline alloys.

They were off an 8P S3, so am I right in assuming the offset on them is 54?

I'm fitting them to an 8L so I'll need PCD adapters (5x112 -> 5x100), reading around the H&R ones are best and the only ones to go for?

The average price for the adapters is £125, is that for a pair? so to fit the alloys I'd need two sets? ( ouch! :( )

If I get 25mm adapters is it correct that I'll end up with an offset of 29? and if I get 20mm I'll end up with 34 which is pretty much OEM?

I need to get them refurbed as one is properly manky and they've all been curbed a little. The rim is diamond cut ribbley grooves. I have been given the option - during refurb - to have this redone/recut and lacquered or to get the rims just powder coated.

I'm not bothered but the straight powder coat will probably be easier to maintain and less worry in the future? opinions?

Also I've seen some very tasty looking pics of the spokes being done in a darker silver/gunmetal grey, my S3 is Dolphin grey so I'm interested in opinions on whether to keep them OEM silver or go with a custom two tone?

Cheers, Liam

Hi Liam, found those missing horses yet?

I'd go for either a crackle grey centre with silver lip or all grey with silver studs.

Make sure you get the spacing right and it will look pretty good, shame you will need two sets of adaptors but that's the price you pay if you want to stand out from the crowd.

Got the 19" versions on our A6 Avant. Great wheels. Or at least they were until my wife got her hands on the car...would love to see them on the 8L.

If you need these refurbing, give me a shout, we do these wheels daily.

Ta, PM'd!

Hi Liam, found those missing horses yet?

I'd go for either a crackle grey centre with silver lip or all grey with silver studs.

Make sure you get the spacing right and it will look pretty good, shame you will need two sets of adaptors but that's the price you pay if you want to stand out from the crowd.

Hehe - no ... and I've been looking around Tescos for them aswell! :) Yeah I know - expensive but soo much prettier than my manky old avus wheels.

Crackle grey? Got any pics?

Got the 19" versions on our A6 Avant. Great wheels. Or at least they were until my wife got her hands on the car...would love to see them on the 8L.

oooops. :) I'm waiting for someone to tell me the 18"s are a waste of time and I should have got the 19"s ..

Liam

Have a search for S3_Kev's Euro S3 thread, don't feel too bad when you notice the size of them .

Never mind we all know 19s for show 18s for GOOOOOO!

Have a search for S3_Kev's Euro S3 thread, don't feel too bad when you notice the size of them .

Never mind we all know 19s for show 18s for GOOOOOO!

Ta for that.

I might have my centres done in Mineral Grey so I don't feel too crap about only having a Dolphin Grey S3 :)