1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

BBS LM Replica refurb

docurley Mar 21, 2011

1. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

OK quite a few people own these and they all tend to be made by different companies, anyway I bought a set secondhand in dire need of a refurb and at £150 I thought why not.

This will be a slow project as I have to fit this in with my house project but to start with I will post up pictures of the wheel and how to remove the ally studs (please note some wheels have plastic studs and they just pull out).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now as I'm doing these my self a polish lip will be near on impossible to do with the curb rash on these wheels so a full repaint will be done may be with a painted silver lip finish and centres another colour or a full repaint one colour I just don't know but ideas would be appreciated.

I have bought some new stud but not sure I want to use them as they do not match the originals.
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. dubdemand

dubdemand VAG Addict

Look forward to seeing the results! I don't think you should use those studs though as they just look wrong IMO...

4. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

David how far have you got now ? I'm hoping to pick mine up from the painters soon and will then start replacing the stud's, have you pulled the triger on those other studs we were talking about.

5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Attached Files:

6. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Cheer's David , but i'm keeping the sets of bolts we both bought and i have sent my bolts off powder coating..