BBS CH's and Coilovers Part 2.

dublife

Reaction score
Well, here are the pics, coilovers were fitted today and the car is SLAMMED. The rear is fully down (and its LOW) the front has a gap to try and retain some practicality. The ride is bumpy, but I woudn't say uncomfortable!
I love how the car looks, I just snapped these up really quick, the car is filthy and pics don't do it justice. However, I thought i'd post it up for those interested...More updates soon.
Is this the first A3 8P in the UK with coilovers?? Even BBS CH's?? Would be cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

BBS CH's maybe but not coilovers...

FK's demo car has coilovers on last year ... sorry dude..

but the car looks awesome.....

how bad would u say the ride is? compared too?

didnt ade get 19 bbs ch's?

Looking fwd to seeing better pics tho. coz i defo like the wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks very cool Dublife.

How about some pics in daylight, and some close ups.

Bit too low at rear for my taste (and way too low to be used at winter, but practicality aside..), but front looks good. I'd say raise 10mm from rear, and it would look more balanced (front & rear at same height, and a gap between a tire and body). That'd be super.

But the ride can't be too comfort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

[ QUOTE ]
dublife... what model is your car... ????

the discs look too small to be a 3.2

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a 3.2, well it's not a quattro model as the rear wheels wouldn't fit with the car being that low.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dublife... what model is your car... ????

the discs look too small to be a 3.2

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a 3.2, well it's not a quattro model as the rear wheels wouldn't fit with the car being that low.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the rear wheels not fit on that A3 if it was a Quattro? Different rear track or the obvious different suspension set up??

Awesome mate.

I agree with yak on the ride height. Get the back up to balance the overall look. At the moment it looks like you've got a boot full of bricks!

dublife, looks mighty impressive!

If it were mine, I'd want it to sit horizontal or perhaps lower at the front than rear.

Have you been to the alignment shop? What were the readings?

Oh, and what offset and tire size/brand are you running? TIA.

My rear wheel is about 5-10mm away from a screw in the arch, its quite disturbing, but i'm being very careful. I've had a few small scrapes on speed bumps but I now have new tactics on approacing them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Dub,

can you give us a clear statement about which wheels do you have? I mean size, depth, etc... By the way which are the tire sizes?

For all,

what concerns S-Line 18'' 5 spoke wheels which is the tire used? Does it come in registration docs with those wheels or only 17''?

Wheels are BBS CH's 19x8 ET50 on both rear and front...As for tyre sizes, i'll post it up later, i'm not good with tyre sizes...think its 235 something
Coilovers are H&R Cup Coilovers.
Once again thanks for the kind words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It better be 235/35R19, causing having 45 sidewalls with rims 19'' would be much bigger than 225/45R17 which is default in my 2.0TDi. More exactly 9,4 % of more than default setting.
And by the way Congratulations Dub...your car is very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'd like to have BBS-CK model in polished, what do you think?
I'm in Portugal, and our roads sucks so I'll be glad to have 18'' and lower...:)

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to have BBS-CK model in polished, what do you think?
I'm in Portugal, and our roads sucks so I'll be glad to have 18'' and lower...:)

[/ QUOTE ]
Not familiar with the CK model..A search in google just showed me the CH's again (sorry didn't know if it was a typo or not)
But yeah, I think they would look great polished in 18's or lower..and the car a bit lower..Go for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Once again guys, thanks for the kind words. Taken a few really good shots of the car i'll upload them soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yup,

Sport chassis sits 15 mm lower and has specific dampers.

S-Line sits 25 mm lower and has its own, specific dampers.

What isn't known is whether the sway bars are specific to the S-line, and also whether the bushing's durometer rating is different. ETKA anyone?

I ordered the S-line chassis option for the A3, which I receive 1st week of march. I'll probably part with the springs and shocks when I get coilovers (end of march - early april). Thank you, I am already fully aware that I make no sense whatsoever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

To get back on topic, Dub, have you had a chance to take more photos?

Your A3 looks very nice. It is Ebony black, yes?

Yeah its Ebony Black, i've got some more pics...Not the best ever, but one I really like...I'll post them up in the next few mins.

a3-1.jpg

This one takes pride on my desktop at the moment..I love this shot..
a3-2.jpg

a3-3.jpg

And one of the interior...
a3-4.jpg

I'll post more pics tomorrow, if you want them..When i've washed her up again..
Thanks for the kind words JaminBen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol, a massive keyring. Stops me losing my keys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow!

Dub, I mean Ghetto, those are some seriously nice photos.

You definitely do your A3 justice!!!

The pics are so nice I had to visit the dub-life site. Pretty cool setup you guys have!

[ QUOTE ]
Dub, I mean Ghetto, those are some seriously nice photos.

You definitely do your A3 justice!!!

The pics are so nice I had to visit the dub-life site. Pretty cool setup you guys have!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks alot mate, I really appreciate your comments, I'm looking to totally re-vamp the site when I have some spare time, I just think its too big on screen resolutions like 800x600.
Thanks again mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well i have to put it to ye ghetto, this is one of the best audi a3's i've seen on the web. Those alloys hit it off just right. What size rims are they?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'll try and take some better ones tomorrow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant wait mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Do you get any rubbing of the arches with those rims.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

What about if you have 2 fat blokes in the back as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I had one large lad in the back the other night, I demanded if he was going to ride with me he had to sit in the center seat as to spread the weight out evenly. However, he moved to the side as his legs wouldnt fit. Getting out the car and checking under the arch revealed a gap of about 10mm, then with another person sat in the boot, for test reasons reduced the gap to about 5mm.
I won't be carrying more than one person in the back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But so far, had no trouble with the wheels against the arches, but had a few scuffs with the bottom of the car over speed bumps! :S

I will be doing exactly the same, but with a silver A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Dont think I'll lower it as much though! That interior is truely drool-worthy.

Did you need to use a spacer on the front for the wheel to clear the strut?

Holy thread revival!

dan if you can let people know the spec of the wheels you have - if its lowered (and by how much) they will be able to advise if spacers are required