BBS CH

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
put my deposit on my BBS CH this morning, shall be getting them in 3-4 weeks as their expensive lol cant wait to get them but they gona be in my room for a while as winter is comin and dont want them on in winter except for nice days plus i need my eibach pro street s coilys too aswel so ill put he coilys on first before puttin rims on.

wot tyres do you lads recommend to put on, ive heard toyo tr-1 are noisy so their out the question, i can get good tyres for a good price on camskill.com so ill be getting them from the site, would you recommend falkens?

the falkens seem good, good price too

I have goodyear assyms at the moment and they are nice

other option is the vredsteins

well phil at PWmotorsport who im gettin the wheels off offered puttin falkes on for me for an extra £250 dunn whether to get them put on or get them myself for cheaper

Falken or Federals are good tyres, and they're usually a good price from Camskill... that's where I get all my tyres from too.

Eagle F1's are where my money would go.

Falkens arent what i'd class as a premium tyre, i'd rate them alongside kumhos and nankangs in the "you might get lucky" category.

i have F1's and they are very good. not the best in cold weather and some people find they wear quickly.

if I had £6-700 I would get Pilot sport 2's again. ahnds down the best performing tyre I have ever driven wet and dry. long lasting compared to F1's. don't have as much rim protection as F1's though.

proper tyres. not cheap though. I was looking at £180 each from costco. think the best I could get was £165 without fitting!

Grant, i am well jealous mate, CH's are my all time favorite wheel. I almost bought a set of reps beofre i sprung for the BBS's i have. I have used the Falkens, and they are very good for the money, wear quite fast, but are consistant in terms of grip

Grant, i am well jealous mate, CH's are my all time favorite wheel. I almost bought a set of reps beofre i sprung for the BBS's i have. I have used the Falkens, and they are very good for the money, wear quite fast, but are consistant in terms of grip

lol it was no brainer mark, if iwas going to spend money on wheels i may aswel get the ones i really want, the CH's are amazing an i cant wait to see wot they look like on my S4

I've run falken f452s on a few sets of wheels now, on my CH's too, I reckon you cant go far wrong with em for the price, and as Geeman says Camskill do a good price, free next day delivery on those tyres too.

Not trying to be funny, but seen as they tyres are actually the important bit, it seems a bit silly to spend 2 grand on wheels and skimp on the tyres?

put my deposit on my BBS CH this morning, shall be getting them in 3-4 weeks as their expensive lol cant wait to get them but they gona be in my room for a while as winter is comin and dont want them on in winter except for nice days plus i need my eibach pro street s coilys too aswel so ill put he coilys on first before puttin rims on.

wot tyres do you lads recommend to put on, ive heard toyo tr-1 are noisy so their out the question, i can get good tyres for a good price on camskill.com so ill be getting them from the site, would you recommend falkens?

Toyo`s are a little noisy but grip like hell, good price too

going for 17's,18's or 19's? that seems to be the wheel of choice just now! certainly mine anyway :(, i've got toyo t1r's on now good tyres, better than the t1s anyway! didnt think they were noisy but i also drive a pickup with mud terrians so its all relative....

putting 18's on, aragorn are falken really budget tyres??? im not set on wot tyres to put on yet so it might be toyo t1r, falken fk452 and as im not putting the wheels on until i get my coilys i mite wait to get the rite tyres. ideally a set of michelin pilots would be nice but for £122 a tyre then its gona take a while to get them as im not rolling in the dosh. it all depends on personal preference, some people say toyo t1r and some say falkens so its all about learning myself which ones will do me best., thanks for all the advice though lads much appreciated.

just a quick question........ are toyo t1r really noisy as i like the thought of them?

ideally a set of michelin pilots would be nice but for £122 a tyre then its gona take a while

if you can get 18" PS2's for £122 then I would start looking for crap around the house to ebay to afford them.
that is cheap

just a quick question........ are toyo t1r really noisy as i like the thought of them?[/QUOTE]

There is noise associated with any tyre you use, thats the nature of the beast. Road surface is relative as is speed. Doesn`t really bother me, my Proxes feel terrific. Can get them pretty cheap from my regular tyre guy, he doesn`t do postage though.

lol it was no brainer mark, if iwas going to spend money on wheels i may aswel get the ones i really want, the CH's are amazing an i cant wait to see wot they look like on my S4
Loved mine just didnt like cleaning them :)
s4007resize.jpg

Toyo's are grippy, but soft, don't last too long, a mate killed a brand new set on his Impreza P1 in one track day!

I've had T1-R's on 3 cars now and I've never found them noisier than any other tyre.

Wear wise I'd say they were OK to say they take 520+ Nm through them on a regular basis.

Craig had T1-S on his E30 and found them particularly rubbish in the wet. Replaced them with Uniroyal Rainsport 1's and found they were much better in the wet and no different in the dry.

Another mate of mine has compared the Rainsports and eagles back to back along with a set of Kumho KU31's. He found the eagles were very sticky in the dry, and the damp, but quite bad in standing water. Uniroyals werent quite as good in the wet or dry, but when you hit standing water with them on the car stayed put, also seemed to last a bit longer. Kumho's he reconned were good, perhaps not as sticky as the rainsports, but it was marginal at best especially considering the price difference at the time.

I've noticed the KU31's slowly creeping up in price now though.

I would personally consider Falkens to be a budget to midrange tyre, i guess similar in class to the kumhos were originally, although i've seen kumhos selling for more than eagles recently.

Craig had T1-S on his E30 and found them particularly rubbish in the wet.

Hmmmmm, I had these on my Astra GTE.

280bhp through the front wheels and they were really good. Admittedly it was rare for me to take it out in heavy rain (especially with heavy throttle).

the t1-s along with the E30's awesome rear suspension design + wet weather = lethal :p felt MUCH safer with the rainsports on it. as said tho, toyo's in the dry are pretty good.

Got Eagle F1's on my CH's on the S4 now, and its perfect.

plus i need my eibach pro street s coilys too aswel so ill put he coilys on first before puttin rims on.

dont buy eibach pro street coilys if not allready as ive had mine seize in only 4 months ,uses a "PLASTIC" ADJUSTER AND A METAL C TYPE SPANNER WHICH ONLY MEENS THE PLASTIC BREAKS = BAD DESIGN ...WISH I NEVER BOUGHT

how come they siezed already mate, not heard of this happening to anyone else with pro street, maybe you have had a bad set, they should have a gurantee with them?

i'd oil up the adjusting threads when you fit them and repeat regularly, as with any coilovers, if they rust up you're stuffed!

not sure why why seized was oiled and thred is clean and should not rust as are stainless shocks and platform if not best grade ...this was reason why i went for these as thought will not seize..if was not plastic nut to adjust would be able to free off with a tap from a hammer ..realy do think poor design if i would have none nut adjuster was plastic i would have got some other make ..i would send back but means car off road and paying someone to remove and then refit new set goes on and on ...should have got bilstein

id like a set of bilstein pss9 but at nearly 2k they can forget it, ill be havin a chat with phil before i put coilys on the car but your the first person that ive heard of to have had problems wit eibach mate. if its a common prblen i shall seek another make

ha anyone got any advice on wot products would match eibach or better and still be in thesame price range

i suppose would be fine to most if your not like me adjusted many times..trying to use the coilovers to get just the right amount of ride height so tobe able to go over humps and as i do go down very small single lanes of cornwall but be as low as pos for a good stance. most i bet just set low and leave alone..shame as set a little to high at the moe i just have to live with it

I regularily grease mine, looks messy, but stups the rust. My last set were supposed to be stainless but they rusted/corroded and i had to warm the shock collars with a hot air gun with the help of a vice loosened them up

It is reconed BTW that using a waxoyl type product helps as it has anti rust properties and a good clinging consistancy

As well as waxoil to preserve the coilovers, wrap the lower part in Denso tape and cable tie in place.
Denso tape can be picked up in most plumbers merchants.

As well as waxoil to preserve the coilovers, wrap the lower part in Denso tape and cable tie in place.
Denso tape can be picked up in most plumbers merchants.

But wear gloves what ever you do, that stuff is messy as hell!! lol, but very good at repelling water!

But wear gloves what ever you do, that stuff is messy as hell!! lol, but very good at repelling water!

Tell me about it!!

I'm picking it out of my finger nails at the minute!

I use it at work for wrapping round cables, never heard of it being used on coilies though!

How much does a roll cost?...:idea:....we get it supplied with it.....