BBS CH Will they fit?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys looking to buy a set of genuine bbs ch's, found a set of 18x8.5J et 35, will they fit and cause any issues?

Cheers

They will fit, back will be fine. The front there is very little room for play if you wanted to tuck them or something. Better to get a higher ET and then you can adjust with spacers.

Yes 19x8.5J et 35

Do you have any more pics, especially from above the front arch or from the front of the car to show how far it sticks out as I though the recommended min ET for a 18x8.5J was ET43?

Cheers

Do you have any more pics, especially from above the front arch or from the front of the car to show how far it sticks out as I though the recommended min ET for a 18x8.5J was ET43?

Cheers

No more picture and unfortunately I have removed the alloys. If you're not lowered it will look like it's poking. But otherwise they will be ok. This thread might help

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/wheels-opinion.109829/

The guy sent me a few pics of the wheels in question fitted to his mates a3, mines on coilovers but obviously not as low! Can they work?

only way that thing works is with rolled arches. theres no way you can tuck an et 35 on 8p arches

unless of course you wanted to run 215 or 205 tyres on them to give you massive amounts of stretch, remove the arch liners, dial in a bit of camber, and possibly raise the rear to actually make the car function properly when you use it to carry things/people then it'll work.

fortunately, with that thing being on air you've got the chance of raising it when you need it, bit of a pain when your static.

it can be done, but if you wanna run low then you'll have to make sacrifices.

Theres photos in my thread showing et45 8.5J which gives you a good enough picture of what it looks like, bearing in mind the CH's will stick out a further 10mm, mine runs low(ish) and it had been rubbing on the top of the front arch, and on the arch liner and inside of the rear bumper.

the way i see it you'd have huge problems with et35 on a practical daily.

Ha, mines a daily driver and I carry passengers occasionally so looks like a big no!
Can I get CH's in a better offset?
Love your fat fives by the way I want some! Lol

I'm even tempted to look at 19s now due to the lack of 18's! Lol

Right I'm looking at a set of 19x8.5 et50 tomorrow from a well known car mag member! Will 19s suit?

I put up a post, with a poll, a while ago asking what size of alloys to go for (18s or 19s) and the result was pretty even. People said stick with 18s for performance or go with 19s for looks. So I think that answers your question of wither they will suit.

Ross

I have them fitted to my A3, whether they are genuine or not, I cannot answer as I have not gone digging. They are on spacers, again, I don't know the size. If it isn't pi$$ing down tomorrow, I'll try and get some specifics for you. My one is also lowered, a daily driver and does not have rubbing issues unless I am really not paying attention to the road in front of me.

Audi A3 S Line Quattro

Last edited:
Looks like yours are the real deal mate as look to be original audi spec ones!
I wanted the genuine motorsport ones!

Update time-
Today I was invited down to the FAST CAR workshop as one of the boys was selling some 19" CH's p, after a test fit and a cup of tea the back of my car looked like this!

Reactions: Ash187 and Jake 61