BBS CH size and fitment advice

SyA3Turbo

Reaction score
Website
www.dub-life.co.uk
Looking for a bit of advice chaps.

Over winter i'm probably going to tone down the Audi a bit ditching the front bumper for something more subtle/factory and changing the wheels.

I have decided on some nice plain BBS CH. Im just not sure what size to go for. 18's/19's? width size and best offset for filling the archs and being able to get a big brake swap behind them.

Any owners fancy sharing their stats and pics?!

****** hell, I wish I had the money for a set of CH's let alone for winter use!

Some people have too much money!

Lol, yeah 8.5"x18" et30, as DPM says. I ran mine with 10mm spacers and only slight rubbing issues when I had the 18st Admin in the car and driving it very hard

Cool. I may have to run witout the spacers being an A3 and not having you S3 boys extra girth lol.

A mate said to go for 19's but i think they would look too big.

Just need to find a contact we deal with through work willing to sell them at their cost price now lol.

Cheers for the info. Chris, were the spacers essential to fit them over your brakes?

I think 19's are just too big for an A3/S3. And there's the comfort compromise too...

I have Porsche calipers, so I can't use the BBS CHs without 10mm spacers. I need 15mm spacers up front to clear the calipers with the RS4's on.

Well you can't say that you don't know my car? LOL

gtiinternational06markb01.jpg

They are 18" ET30

What bumper are you thinking of?

18's it is then i think :)

Oh yeah, totally forgot yours was running the CH's Mark.

Not sure on the bumper yet. Ill be ditching the smoothed recess and probably just going standard S3 to give it a factory look. Did you have any major trouble fitting it with the S3 arches being different as i know my rear had to be fettled and its still not 100%

Mine is a facelift lift front bumper, not an S3 item mate.

So you are thinking about a complete S3 front bumper?

Mark

LOL So it is, i have walked around your car at all the shows i have seen it at and never noticed it was facelift.

Yeah i'm thinking of doing the S3 front bumper for the moment and see how it lines up with the wings and depending on cost and quality of fitment S3 front and rear arches with a coat of Misano Red over the lot.