BBQ day turned into a puncture and drinking to drown my sorrows !!

DJM1982

Reaction score
Was having a few guys over for a BBQ yesterday to watch the Rugby, so i kindly offered to go and pick him up from his house so he could have a drink and only pay for a cab one way (home). I live in Great Barford, Bedford and he lives in Northampton, so thought i's have a nice run through the lanes up there. Everything was good, nice drive but the i felt something not quite right at the rear when cornering round quite a fast right hander. Pulled over onto the grass verge and got out to have alook. Notice i had lost some pressure on my rear near side tyre, but it was completely flat. So thought i'd try to nurse the car to the closest garage and see if i could just pump it up (2 miles away), just a mile down the road my car became undriveable so i had no choice but to pull over and change to the spare (spavesaver). So changed to the spare and quickly threw the alloy and munched tyre in the boot and got on with my day. Made it to Northampton, picked my mate up and went back to mine and had a few drinks to drown my sorrows.
Here are pics i took this morning:
Found this on the outside wall, looks like the cause of the puncture.
Puncture_001.jpg

Damage to alloy from trying to make it to garage (stupid decision on my part really)
Puncture_002.jpg

Puncture_003.jpg

Inside wall:
Puncture_005.jpg

Puncture_006.jpg

Puncture_007.jpg

My car riding on the space saver until i can replace the dead tyre on wednesday:
Puncture_008.jpg

Puncture_009.jpg

So not a good bank holiday weekend for me

My car riding on the space saver until i can replace the dead tyre on wednesday

Sucks - I had a blow out the other day as well, expensive..

Sexy on the space saver thou :hubbahubba:

haha, yeah its not good and going to prove expensive. Those tyres are that old either which is also annoying. But it could have been worse, could have ended up in a ditch with lots of damage, so counting my blessings really.
Funny you should say that about the space saver though, my mates said i should replace them all with space savers cause it'd look cool........they are NOT funny.

Tried Camskils but tyre i wanted was out of stock with no delivery date.
So got it booked in with Formula1, Bedford for friday. Uniroyal Rainsport 234/40 ZR18 XL for £145 fitted. Not bad really i thought.