Battery relocation guide

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone got a diy guide in the battery relocation.?I’ve had a search a few threads mention it but no guide, ( I bet there’s one in @<tuffty/> ‘s thread) also anyone recommend a slimline battery ? will be on a 3.2 engine if that makes a difference on what amp or cold crank amp size is needed

I covered it briefly in my build thread mate, Tuffty more so in his. It’s surprisingly easy though... I followed Tufftys, did a bit of research on what I needed to order parts wise and all done.

I had, well still have a slimline race battery. Not using it now though. It had a 630ah cranking power which is enough for the 1.8’s as for the 3.2’s not sure.

Just put a full size battery in the boot wheel well like me and Tuffty ;) just be aware you’ll need to raise the boot floor height the miss the battery though. You could alternatively put a slimline racing battery laying down in the boot wheel well without to much trouble......

Best advice I can give on the Gel battery’s (race battery’s) is if your using the car once a week to a fortnight, hook it up to a decent trickle charger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one in the FAQ's... :)

<tuffty/>
Found it cheers

I covered it briefly in my build thread mate, Tuffty more so in his. It’s surprisingly easy though... I followed Tufftys, did a bit of research on what I needed to order parts wise and all done.

I had, well still have a slimline race battery. Not using it now though. It had a 630ah cranking power which is enough for the 1.8’s as for the 3.2’s not sure.

Just put a full size battery in the boot wheel well like me and Tuffty ;) just be aware you’ll need to raise the boot floor height the miss the battery though. You could alternatively put a slimline racing battery laying down in the boot wheel well without to much trouble......

Best advice I can give on the Gel battery’s (race battery’s) is if your using the car once a week to a fortnight, hook it up to a decent trickle charger!

Yeah car may not get used a lot once it’s done I barely get chance to drive my daily now always in the ****** work van so may have to look at raising the boot floor

I did this with additional high density foam from an Audi 8P boot, your welcome to have it. I trimmed it all down to fit with the jack and tools. The only reason why I’m not going to be using it now is I need to raise mine even more to fit my water meth tank.
1c179726945666c501484fcca77291fe.jpg

If you want to get rid of this give me a shout (pm)