Battery Issue

czappa

Reaction score
Today I went to drive to work, jumped into the car and nothing except warning after warning. After a jump start from roadside, the Canberra Audi Center said the ignition was left on for 4.6 hours which caused the battery to go flat. Because apparently it's our fault we now have to pay $530 to get the battery replaced. My question for everyone is how is it possible to leave the car on and, with the keys removed and it locked?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think you need to ask the question to Canberra Audi.

If it s relatively new car and therefore battery it would recharge once jump started so not sure why you need a replacement in the first place as car batteries are pretty heavy duty beasts and all you have done is, on one occasion, drained it's power slowly!!!!!

Reactions: AudiNutta and SILVAF0XX
How could leaving the ignition switched on overnight drain the battery so much it not only was flat, but needed to be replaced?

$530 for a battery ? Is it gold-plated or something ?
:sign omg:
It must have been one of those mysterious and very special Audi batteries needing a highly trained Audi IT technician to synchronise it to the car's ECU - a job not possible anywhere other than an Audi Main Dealer :highly amused: