Battery is completly flat!! HELP

dalejones

Reaction score
My battery is completely flat on my a3 3.2 v6 so flat that i cant use the remote central locking to open the boot to get to the battery! Anyone got any other ways of opening the boot? Can you open it from the inside??? Also i heard its not a standard battery,
What battery do these take? Its an 04 plate? Cheers

My battery is completely flat on my a3 3.2 v6 so flat that i cant use the remote central locking to open the boot to get to the battery! Anyone got any other ways of opening the boot? Can you open it from the inside??? Also i heard its not a standard battery,
What battery do these take? Its an 04 plate? Cheers

Jump it from under the bonnet on the battery posts

Reactions: amit87
The issue is opening the boot! As the battery is IN the boot.

A 12v supply on cigarette lighter would get you going.

I can highly recommend Ctek mxs5.0 intelligent battery charger. Best £50 I've spent, multiple accessories, and if your cig lighter is a permanent non switched feed, you can charge from there.

Can you fold the seats down from inside and get at it that way?

If you connect the jump points to a 12 volt source central locking can be operated car started etc unless the drivers door is delocked it should not be a problem and then the cause can be investigated ( battery or charging issue or a drain)

The Thread is flat battery help so flat I can't get in the boot. for easy jump starting connection points are under the bonnet this does away with the need to access the battery LOL

Last edited:
Alternatively, u cud go into ur boot from inside the car and use the manual release hidden under the tab in the centre of the boot

Too much hassle for me personally 8-10 bolts to remove the battery cover or a bonnet catch I would go bonnet catch every time I also would look for current drains such as radiator fans or maybe it's human error that caused the discharge lights left on etc