Battery Fault?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Over the last few days I’ve noticed slightly odd behaviour from my lights - they don’t always turn on when I unlock the car and also the internal light hasn’t been turning on when I open the door.

I wasn’t sure what was going on until just now I got a low battery warning come up - never seen that before. I haven’t been sitting in the car without the engine on as it’s too cold so it couldn’t be low from usage without the engine.

This seems a bit strange on a car that is 2 years old so is it possible my battery could need changing already? Is it covered by warranty?

Lol classed as a consumable.

Maybe you’ve something installed that’s draining it ? Dash Cam etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol classed as a consumable.

Maybe you’ve something installed that’s draining it ? Dash Cam etc

This.

Check voltage cut off for the blackvue you have fitted, up the limit to see if this makes the situation better. Cold weather affects batteries.

Reactions: 8YARWY
This.

Check voltage cut off for the blackvue you have fitted, up the limit to see if this makes the situation better. Cold weather affects batteries.
Why should it become an issue now? No problem the last year and 11 months?!

To be fair I have unplugged the blackvue tonight as it doesn't work properly anymore. It seems to only record intermittently even when it says its recording and as far as downloading its footage it just keeps disconnecting from the phone. So it's possible that something is wrong with it to cause this drain. I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that unplugging it should then resolve this issue and I'll see everything back to normal once I've had a decent drive to charge the battery.

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk

Why should it become an issue now? No problem the last year and 11 months?!

To be fair I have unplugged the blackvue tonight as it doesn't work properly anymore. It seems to only record intermittently even when it says its recording and as far as downloading its footage it just keeps disconnecting from the phone. So it's possible that something is wrong with it to cause this drain. I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that unplugging it should then resolve this issue and I'll see everything back to normal once I've had a decent drive to charge the battery.

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk
Batteries behave differently depending on temperature and they don’t like the cold temperatures we have been experiencing, they also age / degrade over time so it’s totally possible that you never had an issue last year but do now.

The way to test would be to remove anything using power while the vehicle is not in use and monitor for a couple of days. If the issue is resolved, and the camera was the only thing removed, then you need to look at the components of the setup ie the power magic pro (garbage but of kit) and maybe the camera and then make changes as needed however it seems your battery is on the way out regardless and will need replacing sooner or later.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Over the last few days I’ve noticed slightly odd behaviour from my lights - they don’t always turn on when I unlock the car and also the internal light hasn’t been turning on when I open the door.

I wasn’t sure what was going on until just now I got a low battery warning come up - never seen that before. I haven’t been sitting in the car without the engine on as it’s too cold so it couldn’t be low from usage without the engine.

This seems a bit strange on a car that is 2 years old so is it possible my battery could need changing already? Is it covered by warranty?

Had similar issue . Disconnected dash cam park function ,even though it supposedly had the voltage cut off set , problem went away . Clearly I no longer have the dash cam operating when engine off , but has sorted my premature draining issues . My battery was flat ( unable to unlock ) within 4 days approx before I did this even set at the lowest cut off voltage for the cam .

I unplugged the camera shortly after that post and no battery issues since.

It seems either the camera itself has picked up a fault that is draining more power or the power magic pro has.

I’m leaning more toward it being the camera as it really doesn’t work properly anymore - it doesn’t record half the time, doesn’t load what it has recorded, can’t stay connected to WiFi, seems to be corrupting my SD cards I put in it. So draining more battery isn’t unexpected. It’s clearly out of warranty now so no use to me anymore.

My options are replace it with something else - or buy another BlackVue that will work with the same power wire that’s installed. They do make a 4K one that is compatible. But the issues it has had makes me feel that I would prefer to try something else out.

I unplugged the camera shortly after that post and no battery issues since.

It seems either the camera itself has picked up a fault that is draining more power or the power magic pro has.

I’m leaning more toward it being the camera as it really doesn’t work properly anymore - it doesn’t record half the time, doesn’t load what it has recorded, can’t stay connected to WiFi, seems to be corrupting my SD cards I put in it. So draining more battery isn’t unexpected. It’s clearly out of warranty now so no use to me anymore.

My options are replace it with something else - or buy another BlackVue that will work with the same power wire that’s installed. They do make a 4K one that is compatible. But the issues it has had makes me feel that I would prefer to try something else out.

Thinkware Fx pro...

Thinkware F800 pro here on both cars.

Zero issues in 2 years of ownership.