Battery drain

Tazzie

Reaction score
Help
I have a 2.5tdi with a battery drain, it all started after the pendulum chamber was flooded a couple of months ago, I've takin the car to two auto electricians the 1st who had the car for 2 weeks but he couldnt find the fault to fix it, and the 2nd took the radio out and checked the central control unit out.(which was fine as it was bone dry when I inspected it myself after the flood in the pendulum chamber)
The symptoms are.
The hazard warning switch lights up for 2 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds even when the alarm is turned off, also when the alarm is turned on the L E D on the drivers door flash's as normal but every fourth flash it double flash's.
I have found that there is a 0.8amp drain at the same time as the hazard switch lights up, I've also pulled every fuse out of the fuse box but i still have the 0.8amp which is killing my battery over 3 days if I don't use the car.

Would greatful for any advice
Thanks

Possibly a relay? When my ECU box got water in it I had a ton of weird electrical problems that I'm still trying to fix :think:

I've heard of faulty hazard light switches causing battery drain. I'd replace that first I think.

Hi I've I disconcerted the hazard light switch but still the power drain is there, I think it maybe time to start on the stuff contained in the ECU box.

Would like to know how you got on with this problem, i have serious drain on my A4 B6 saloon, new battery fitted last night, this
morning completely dead?

Oh god, I hope i dont have this issue after find 8 litres of water in my footwell.

Located my problem, ECU chamber flooded, there are 3 relays in there that where submerged in 2 inches of water, they are ******, and Murphy's law everywhere is closed here for holidays.
Stop ****** raining please.