Battery cover or not? Do you have one running along the back of your engine bay?

.Jas.

Reaction score
Hi all.

2 months ago I bought a 07 reg (B7) A4 3.0 tdi

I have a question i'm sure someone on here can answer. I recently changed my battery and noticed that there is no cover running along the back of the engine bay, which means rainwater runs straight onto the battery (see pic below, not of my car but the same)

a4-engine2.JPG

On the internet I notice other cars with a cover (like below). Should there be one? I find it odd that the rainwater from the screen runs through the vent onto the battery.

Any help appreciated! :icon_thumright:

a4-engine.JPG

you can get a 3 piece kit for your engine bay, it looks really smart, not too pricey aswell lad

The B7's never had the covers but the B6's did. I stole mine off my dads B6 before he sold it :)

The B7's never had the covers but the B6's did. I stole mine off my dads B6 before he sold it :)

^^^ like he said!
most B7"s did not get these but the B6 did, another part of cost cutting by audi,
they do look smart though and a shame are not standard equipment!
like others have stated there cheap and easy enough to get hold of.
i haven"t bothered, but might in the future!

As anyone got any pictures of the various covers? I've got the battery cover and the cover that goes over the washer bottle, wasn't aware there was more.

retrofitted or standard?
Standard - the battery cover was broken when I went to collect it new, so the dealer opened the bonnet of another B7 on their forecourt and swapped it onto my car.

Here's mine, battery & plenum chamber cover, I think they were around the £25 mark.
enginebay002.jpg

Mac

As anyone got any pictures of the various covers? I've got the battery cover and the cover that goes over the washer bottle, wasn't aware there was more.

use the link on the post i made above, pal give you a picture and the part numbers.

the 3rd one is to cover up the air con pipes in the top left corner of the engine bay

use the link on the post i made above, pal give you a picture and the part numbers.

the 3rd one is to cover up the air con pipes in the top left corner of the engine bay
Ok thanks, looks like I'll have to join the VW forum to look at it. Looking like I just need the one that covers the Air Con pipes up.

Ok thanks, looks like I'll have to join the VW forum to look at it. Looking like I just need the one that covers the Air Con pipes up.

ahh right dint realise you would have to sign up to the site, search google images should be one floating about on there pal

Heres mine on my B6, from what i was told at Audi they only came on the B6 S4's and B7 RS4's

30082011279.jpg

The battery cover and plenum chamber cover came to £21.79 all in from Audi

Mine didn't have one, but one of our cars (B7 Cab) came in after being written off in a rear ender, and it had one, so now my car has one :)

Mine doesn't have one, but I'm going to get one. But who knows whether it did as standard, it's 10 years old nearly now :)

('02 b6 130se)

Just to confirm - I have a 2005 3.0 tdi and I had the left hand one missing (standing in front of grille) that goes over the ecu cover. Part number is 8E1819447A 01C - see attached. These are different on the 3.0 diesels and parts depts will have trouble looking them up. It def helps to stop rain running down the back of the ECU box etc...

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 43