Basic product recommendations please?

ZeeSaffa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there are tons of threads for request for product recommendations (I have read through a few)... but I'm really just looking for recommendations for value for money products to keep things looking reasonably clean and protected until the next wash... which would be about every 3 to 4 weeks (yeah yeah I know ;-)
It would be good to have something protecting the paint work that makes washing it quick & easy.
(I have a little girl who is rather time consuming (in a good way).... so time is a luxury)

I've got a standard lava grey with standard sport alloys.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Alloy cleaner - ????
Alloy sealant - Poorboys Wheel Sealant??? £10
Tyre dressing - Meg's Endurance Gel??? £7
Paint wax / sealant - Is there something that does a bit of both??

My total budget is about £35.

I know this is probably a bit boring because I'm limited by budget / time.... but hopefully others will find this info useful.
BTW, if I've missed another thread that answers this same question.... please feel free to point me in the direction!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'd go for valet pro bilberry 1 litre which is concentrated. Use it generally about 4 to 1, however can be less once the alloys are sealed. £7.90 from us

Chemical guys Jetseal 109 which is a sealant, easy on easy off, great durability so makes washing easier and a plus side you can use it on the alloys too so no need to have a separate alloy sealant. This is £19.54

For the exterior, interior trims, plus tyres I'd go for Chemical Guys Natural look trim £7.15

I would also suggest a quick detailer for your maintenance washes to give the paint work a quick shine up and get rid of any water marks. Chemical guys pro detailer is a good one and you can use it on the glass too £7.15

How's that sound?

As Jen advised, go for the bilberry i just ordered some from her online store. Defo get the jetseal as it will last a while but maybe grab the Hybrid V7 and blacklight. I find V7 so quick to use because you just spray it on and wipe it off amazing stuff.

Heres my Lava Grey wearing chemical guys blacklight and Hybrid V7
6933439665_27d0d2e121.jpg

I'd clean the wheels properly once, then give them a coat of wax, and forget about Bilberry. Ordinary champoo and water will do as good a job.

For your budget I'd probably go for Meguiars #16 wax.

The sealant/wax you use will have a negligible effect on the finish of the car. Its the prep that makes it look good ;-)

Above is true that preparation is the key to great results, however consider the fact that the OP is on a budget and is looking to start small and easy :)

Above is true that preparation is the key to great results, however consider the fact that the OP is on a budget and is looking to start small and easy :)

I just munched the maoam sweet! thanks Jen :) Fantastic Service

As jen mentioned, a quick detailer will help with the polish/wax type job but for best results, a higher investment will have to be made when your funds permit. I'd say that you should look to get the stuff that you won't repeat buy later in any All in one kits that either Jen or the PB guys do.

The pressure washers a great start to properly clean your car, but once you have used that, its best to use proper washing technique and usually the guys recommend lambswool mitts and microfibre mitts for the tyres as well as working top down on the car and leaving the wheels till last.

Since your budget is pretty tight, i would look carefully on either Jens site or PB to see what best meets your needs and you can rest assured, either will give you a service to be confident in.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

For now.... I've ordered:

Chemical Guys Jetseal109
Chemical Guys Pro Detailer
Chemical Guys Natural Look New Shine Dressing

I'll see how I get on with those along with what I ahve left in the cupboard.

Question: Do I use the Jetseal then Detailer? Or Detailer then Jetseal?

Use the Jetseal first and use the CG Pro Detailer for after your maintenance wash to help rid any water marks, bring the shine back and add a little extra protection....you can also use this on your windows