BarryG’s A5 Sportback Sline 35tdi Ibis White

Just had my latest update from broker, now quoting December delivery ***!!
Apparently Audi got it wrong quoting 12wks delivery and it should have been 21wks due to the amount of orders taken. Not sure if i believe that or not.

Be interesting to hear how your order progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like bull, more likely a private customer went into Audi and said I want to buy X and that's your car moved to them...one of the reasons I got put off getting a lease deal. I didn't want to commit to handing this (pcp car) back and then being without a car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, NevMan and BarryG79
Sounds like bull, more likely a private customer went into Audi and said I want to buy X and that's your car moved to them...one of the reasons I got put off getting a lease deal. I didn't want to commit to handing this (pcp car) back and then being without a car.

There’s more than just me, there’s a thread on PistonHeads with a lot of unhappy people in the same position. In no rush for it really, still home working so it’s money in the bank.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
There’s more than just me, there’s a thread on PistonHeads with a lot of unhappy people in the same position. In no rush for it really, still home working so it’s money in the bank.

Yeah I saw a few posts on various forums with regards to 'delayed' lease orders...hence why I decided to buy this at the end of the pcp....not to mention the added bonus that I'm now getting offered £1,000 more to sell it to a dealer than what I can buy it off Audi finance for :) I didn't think that would be the case in January this year! I was getting offered less then than what the final payment was...goes to show how things can change. I can buy it for £18,900 and this is the closest I can find on the net to mine, same year, colour and miles...mine has privacy glass as well: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008252905129?

Reactions: BarryG79
Just checked the order SLI and it’s showing car has already gone into production and has reached the paint shop!
Did receive generic email from lease saying massive delays with all Audi orders, with maybe Jan-March deliveries.

Just checked the order SLI and it’s showing car has already gone into production and has reached the paint shop!
Did receive generic email from lease saying massive delays with all Audi orders, with maybe Jan-March deliveries.
Should be driving off the lines on Monday then.

Not happy about that if it’s accurate!

Update: in transit, vehicle has left Brussels!

Update: in transit, vehicle has left Brussels!

Good stuff
Your dealer must have been able to get a car that was further up the list somewhere maybe.

Just had an update build week 44 w/c 26th Oct with Dec delivery.

Reactions: Jin. and Audi Bairn
Been quoted service & maintenance at £13 a month for the lease duration.. seems worth it to me?

Reactions: S32B
Been quoted service & maintenance at £13 a month for the lease duration.. seems worth it to me?

Does that include tyres as well, if so then that’s an excellent price. Is that with VW finance?
Sure I was quoted £32pm so have it a miss.

Does that include tyres as well, if so then that’s an excellent price. Is that with VW finance?
Sure I was quoted £32pm so have it a miss.

Yeah with them, with tyres it’s £26

Mines being delivered this coming week!

£312 a year for servicing and tyres is well worth it.
That’s what I thought but when I went to add it on they completely changed my monthly price and deposit, was working out much more than initially quoted. So I just reverted back to original contract.

Reactions: S32B
That’s what I thought but when I went to add it on they completely changed my monthly price and deposit, was working out much more than initially quoted. So I just reverted back to original contract.
Guy across the road from me has just changed his 67 plate A4 lease this week, he's now got an A4 estate and I'm sure it has the quattro sticker along the side! Not spoken to him to know the deal he got. I do miss quattro :( especially in the winter!

Just delivered!

Attachments

• 9F80B262-B175-4B0C-B732-5AA8AEA36BE1.jpeg
    9F80B262-B175-4B0C-B732-5AA8AEA36BE1.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 282
Finance docs received today for signing with car now at UK port. Build week was supposed to be last week, so guessing it must have been earlier. Fingers crossed for delivery in the next couple of weeks then!

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Finance docs received today for signing with car now at UK port. Build week was supposed to be last week, so guessing it must have been earlier. Fingers crossed for delivery in the next couple of weeks then!

Sorry mate, didn't even realise you were getting this. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

After nearly 6 months without a car my A5 delivery is booked for next Wed 25th!!
Don’t worry I will get the pics up ASAP

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jcbmally
After nearly 6 months without a car my A5 delivery is booked for next Wed 25th!!
Don’t worry I will get the pics up ASAP

You know the rules @BarryG79
Needpics
:friends:

New car day is finally here!
Really happy with it, it’s no S3 but who needs 310bhp when it’s parked in the drive working from home

Just might need a longer drive, it feels huge compared to the S3 and the 225xe.

60e3c6bb5d60f428d6933099ccb95f8d.jpg

3abcacb6851f51cbe3bb6a4b6dfe6aeb.jpg

438097fd534d7e479cd78f0bb3b058f6.jpg

Really happy with it, it’s no S3 but who needs 310bhp when it’s parked in the drive working from home

Very nice car indeed and I'm a "White" fan too. Don't forget a review once you have put a few miles on it mate. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79

Don’t know how I missed this Barry, but a belated congratulations on the new car mate.
It’s a great looking car and I do like those wheels too.
How the first few weeks of ownership went? Although you might not have done many miles at the moment.

Reactions: BarryG79 and Jcbmally
Don’t know how I missed this Barry, but a belated congratulations on the new car mate.
It’s a great looking car and I do like those wheels too.
How the first few weeks of ownership went? Although you might not have done many miles at the moment.

Cheers Brian.

Yeah the wheels were on the pre facelift S5 too, bit nicer than some of the current Audi options.
4 weeks in and finally broke 200miles
All good so far for the very little it’s been driven. Only negative is the touch screen, it works fine but missing the MMI/idrive style wheel. But time will tell, just need to get driving it more.

3c7ff25ebf972bb1ce24ed27e84f210d.jpg

First wash since delivery complete last weekend. Still under 300miles on the clock so too early for any kind of review. Only just noticed the screen protectors on the MMI display and VC too

Reactions: Mkay315, Audi Bairn and Jcbmally
Looking good mate. Just broke 200 on mine but yet to clean it since I took delivery late Dec, hardly driven it anywhere!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1b76be956a44e1ca823a3f73600a2e61.jpg

acb18654a7331dbff0b58378df49eaaf.jpg

Finally passed 600 miles this week after nearly 5 months! The joys of home working and COVID restrictions. So difficult to give a proper opinion on it to be honest. Can’t fault the looks, commands it’s space on the drive and has had plenty of complements from the neighbours. As intuitive as the touchscreen MMI is, I much prefer the old style wheel controller. Think it requires to much eyes of the road for my liking, but this won’t be helped by my lack of driving and getting used to it. Start stop system is way better than that found in the S3 FL 8V, where the steering went dead before actually coming to a stop! Although it’s getting 45mpg on the short journeys I’ve made, I can’t see me getting another diesel. Forgot how unresponsive they can be when approaching roundabouts and your not in the sweet spot for pulling away. Never mind, just 19 months till it’s due for replacement lol. But the replacement is going to have to factor in the justification for actually having a car if home working becomes more permanent which is likely.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
1b76be956a44e1ca823a3f73600a2e61.jpg

acb18654a7331dbff0b58378df49eaaf.jpg

Finally passed 600 miles this week after nearly 5 months! The joys of home working and COVID restrictions. So difficult to give a proper opinion on it to be honest. Can’t fault the looks, commands it’s space on the drive and has had plenty of complements from the neighbours. As intuitive as the touchscreen MMI is, I much prefer the old style wheel controller. Think it requires to much eyes of the road for my liking, but this won’t be helped by my lack of driving and getting used to it. Start stop system is way better than that found in the S3 FL 8V, where the steering went dead before actually coming to a stop! Although it’s getting 45mpg on the short journeys I’ve made, I can’t see me getting another diesel. Forgot how unresponsive they can be when approaching roundabouts and your not in the sweet spot for pulling away. Never mind, just 19 months till it’s due for replacement lol. But the replacement is going to have to factor in the justification for actually having a car if home working becomes more permanent which is likely.

At least they still feel quality mate. I’m all for petrol now and I might consider a last “hurrah” before the ICE is killed off (SQ, RSQ of some sorts !!).
19months will soon be in, anything peaking your interest :grimacing:

At least they still feel quality mate. I’m all for petrol now and I might consider a last “hurrah” before the ICE is killed off (SQ, RSQ of some sorts !!).
19months will soon be in, anything peaking your interest :grimacing:

That’s the stuff proper petrol head lol

Not a clue mate, brother just got himself an Audi Etron Sportback. Tidy motor and quick of the mark, but out my budget at £70k+.

6a09a2c5fbe3f806b9b8f67a044780ad.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally
That’s the stuff proper petrol head lol

Not a clue mate, brother just got himself an Audi Etron Sportback. Tidy motor and quick of the mark, but out my budget at £70k+.

6a09a2c5fbe3f806b9b8f67a044780ad.jpg

Wow £70k. I can think of a lot of other cars to get. I’m not ready for electric or hybrid yet, another 9yrs of petrol power for me :racer::yahoo::grin:

Reactions: Mkay315 and BarryG79
Small addition today, been in the garage since coming off the S3. Just hadn’t got round to fitting it again.

6c8cc53d71658170e991c793fe6dc17d.jpg

5e2a59c7b7554be729734ffea9ba9e24.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally
Small addition today, been in the garage since coming off the S3. Just hadn’t got round to fitting it again.

6c8cc53d71658170e991c793fe6dc17d.jpg

5e2a59c7b7554be729734ffea9ba9e24.jpg

It’s the small things mate. :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and BarryG79