BarryG’s A5 Sportback Sline 35tdi Ibis White

BarryG79

Reaction score
Title says it all really, after what will be nearly 2 years away from Audi by the time it arrives in late Sept/Oct when I will take delivery of my new car.

Usually hung out on the S3 thread and still do occasionally, but will need to find a new home now on A5 thread.

Been leasing cars for the last few years and have been chasing the deals.

66 plate S3 SB facelift in Ibis White
68 plate BMW 225xe Msport Premium in Estoril Blue (the deal was too good not to!)

70 plate A5 SB 35tdi Sline Stronic in Ibis White - on its way.

Picked up a fantastic lease deal for the next 2 years, details over the the lease deals thread if you are interested.

Will keep post updated and pictures when it arrives.

Found these on Autotrader so will do for drooling over just know
ec9f31879c54d74b09a782b521721f6f.jpg

c37544375f16e057e7d74ed72e96028d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jonnie, pburv and 3 others
Stunning! I've the exact same car on PCH order from Audi - 35 TDI S-Line sportback in the optional glacier white metallic. It's to replace my current 2018 40 TFSI Sportback in solid Ibis White.

I got mine on an Audi Loyalty PCH deal for £292 on a 3+23 on 6k miles. Metallic option thrown in. Considering my current A5 S-Line is £305, this refreshed A5 represents circa £4k of once optional kit as standard and the S alloys make it to the S-Line as standard kit!

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and BarryG79
Stunning! I've the exact same car on PCH order from Audi - 35 TDI S-Line sportback in the optional glacier white metallic. It's to replace my current 2018 40 TFSI Sportback in solid Ibis White.

Look at PCH, I got mine on an Audi Loyalty deal for £292 on a 3+23 on 6k miles. Metallic option thrown in. Considering my current A5 S-Line is £305, this refreshed A5 represents circa £4k of once optional kit as standard and the S alloys make it to the S-Line as standard kit!

Think we have chatted before over on PH leasing deals page!
This is one of the RGW deals that has been filling the last few pages on that forum, I was able to snap up a good deal quick.

£299 on 3+23 10k miles

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and NevMan
Stunning car Barry. :)

Title says it all really, after what will be nearly 2 years away from Audi by the time it arrives in late Sept/Oct when I will take delivery of my new car.

Usually hung out on the S3 thread and still do occasionally, but will need to find a new home now on A5 thread.

68 plate BMW 225xe Msport Premium in Estoril Blue (the deal was too good not to!)

Picked up a fantastic lease deal for the next 2 years, details over the the lease deals thread if you are interested.

Subscribed

Reactions: BarryG79

When I read your post I instantly saw this picture in my head and thought it can't be 2 years since he got that, must be someone else!!! Then went to find it lol...I'm shocked at how fast that has gone :blink: Scary fast!

e5d56567634effac29d1341f641c4623.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
When I read your post I instantly saw this picture in my head and thought it can't be 2 years since he got that, must be someone else!!! Then went to find it lol...I'm shocked at how fast that has gone :blink: Scary fast!

Haha yeah time flies!

But it was just an 18month lease Dec18-Jun20 and it spent the last 3 months parked in the drive. Hadn’t even done 10k miles when it went back in perfect condition bar a couple of stone chips.

So it will be nearly 2 yrs when the replacement arrives.

A5 is certainly different to the S3 but then so was the 225xe lol. Sure I posted in the past that I would not have another diesel, but this price was to good not to!

Might as well drop an old S3 pic in for good measure.
72156ec7d28eb8faf3ef72f7ddd05c9d.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sandra, pburv and 2 others

I did think the same, and even 18 months has flown by

Reactions: S32B and BarryG79
Does this come with wireless Apple car play?

I’ve put one in too, same colour but with flat bottom wheel

I’ve put one in too, same colour but with flat bottom wheel

Good stuff, did think about adding it too. Had one in my S3 so thought doing without it would at least make the car feel a wee bit different other than just power lol

Good stuff, did think about adding it too. Had one in my S3 so thought doing without it would at least make the car feel a wee bit different other than just power lol

Ah, I’ve had one in my current car for the last 3.5 years so wouldn’t do without it!

Really nice Barry! Just catching up on this thread. Always liked the ‘5s. Had a coupe then an S5 in Ibis White. Liked that colour. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more nearer the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: NevMan, Sandra and BarryG79
Really nice Barry! Just catching up on this thread. Always liked the ‘5s. Had a coupe then an S5 in Ibis White. Liked that colour. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more nearer the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers Brian, not quite an S3 this time round unfortunately. But very well spec’d apart from the oil burner under the bonnet

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Sandra
Nice! Ordered same spec but in Daytona Grey - expected delivery in 12-14 weeks

Like Daytona, was previously looking at a new A3 in that colour until this deal came along. Think the A5 looks good in white so wasn’t prepared to pay for metallic lol.
Hopefully it’s quicker, fingers crossed as I am currently carless!

Reactions: NevMan
Like Daytona, was previously looking at a new A3 in that colour until this deal came along. Think the A5 looks good in white so wasn’t prepared to pay for metallic lol.
Hopefully it’s quicker, fingers crossed as I am currently carless!

It does look awesome in white, but Audi Daytona grey is another level on any of their range. Ha I still have my A250 till then :tongueout:

both decent colours, look forwar dto some pics...love the A5 shape

Just ordered mine, 35 TDI s line. Daytona grey, flat bottom steering wheel. £302 @ 6+35 10k miles. I was paying the same for my 2017 A5 coupe petrol and Manual in the standard solid black so very good deal I think. Anyone know how long roughly once ordered? Can’t remember what the last one took. Thanks mike

Just ordered mine, 35 TDI s line. Daytona grey, flat bottom steering wheel. £302 @ 6+35 10k miles. I was paying the same for my 2017 A5 coupe petrol and Manual in the standard solid black so very good deal I think. Anyone know how long roughly once ordered? Can’t remember what the last one took. Thanks mike

Yeah sounds like a good deal, who was that through?
Ordered mine 2wks ago and was told delivery would be around end sept/Oct time.

T

Thats not too bad then, my current A5 runs until November anyway. Through a company called Motorlet that we have our current car through. They said Audi are running a loyalty discount which seems right as I couldn’t find it anywhere else for that cheap or any where near to be honest.
Mike

My Audi portal updated today - 'Your A5 Sportback is expected to begin construction on 16th November 2020.'

My Audi portal updated today - 'Your A5 Sportback is expected to begin construction on 16th November 2020.'

Hoping mine starts long before then!
I’m sure when I ordered the my S3, the original date on the portal jumped forward a few weeks when it actually did start.

When did u place the order and was it direct with a dealer or a lease broker?

Hoping mine starts long before then!
I’m sure when I ordered the my S3, the original date on the portal jumped forward a few weeks when it actually did start.

When did u place the order and was it direct with a dealer or a lease broker?

Ordered via lease broker just mid last week. I’m sure it will jump forward but who knows how much backlog is there due to covid issues.

Ordered via lease broker just mid last week. I’m sure it will jump forward but who knows how much backlog is there due to covid issues.

Was that with RGW too? Just not had my order number yet too allow me to track it. Due an update from them today, so will see if it’s supplied then.

In no rush to get mine really, home working not going to be over anytime soon and not got any car payments at the moment. But there has been a few times in the last 6 weeks when I have missed not having a car on the drive, when the wife has been away with hers.

Reactions: NevMan
Was that with RGW too? Just not had my order number yet too allow me to track it. Due an update from them today, so will see if it’s supplied then.

In no rush to get mine really, home working not going to be over anytime soon and not got any car payments at the moment. But there has been a few times in the last 6 weeks when I have missed not having a car on the drive, when the wife has been away with hers.

Nah, I went through contractcars. Strange, they gave me the build ID same day I placed the order.

This can't be right!!! :D

Lol

Any updates on your car build?
Mine showing as expected to begin production 21st September

Any updates on your car build?
Mine showing as expected to begin production 21st September

Still waiting on build date allocation!
Last update was 27/8 and broker advised that Audi are telling them late October delivery still expected.

There’s a thread on PistonHeads with a lot of concern over broker and the lack of order number being provided to allow tracking. At the moment we only have their word that the order has actually been placed. I’m not in a rush for it really and saving having no car payments at present. Just crossing my fingers that the update due this week is good news!

Out of interest what date did u place order with your broker? Mine was placed 7/7, sure the contractcars deal was at the same time?

On that basis if mine goes into production around the same time, then delivery end of Oct would be about right.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Still waiting on build date allocation!
Last update was 27/8 and broker advised that Audi are telling them late October delivery still expected.

There’s a thread on PistonHeads with a lot of concern over broker and the lack of order number being provided to allow tracking. At the moment we only have their word that the order has actually been placed. I’m not in a rush for it really and saving having no car payments at present. Just crossing my fingers that the update due this week is good news!

Out of interest what date did u place order with your broker? Mine was placed 7/7, sure the contractcars deal was at the same time?

On that basis if mine goes into production around the same time, then delivery end of Oct would be about right.

Have you received your SLI number? That’s the only detail I’ve got from mine (which is showing 21st September production date), broker hasn’t got back with build week as of yet with me.

Yeah, mine was just a week after yours, 15th July.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Have you received your SLI number? That’s the only detail I’ve got from mine (which is showing 21st September production date), broker hasn’t got back with build week as of yet with me.

Yeah, mine was just a week after yours, 15th July.

No not been given anything.
Apparently broker is dealing direct with Audi and not a dealer, so all they get is a spreadsheet with progress of each order placed

No not been given anything.
Apparently broker is dealing direct with Audi and not a dealer, so all they get is a spreadsheet with progress of each order placed

That’s the same broker told me, this deal is direct with Audi. Perhaps they had a slot with the colour I picked, so gave the SLI instantly for it. Let’s see if the order updates on 21st now

That’s the same broker told me, this deal is direct with Audi. Perhaps they had a slot with the colour I picked, so gave the SLI instantly for it. Let’s see if the order updates on 21st now

Just had my latest update from broker, now quoting December delivery ***!!
Apparently Audi got it wrong quoting 12wks delivery and it should have been 21wks due to the amount of orders taken. Not sure if i believe that or not.

Be interesting to hear how your order progresses.

Oh wow, that’s a long delay! Will see what happens 21/09 with mine and let you know