Bang & Olufsen or Audi Sound System

.......oh and War of the Worlds which my Mum introduced me to!!
Ahh, now you're talking Simon. I've got this on CD somewhere so that's a job for today, find where I've put it. :)

TD, brilliant stuff.... Like that video too as it's got trains in it which is one of my other interests.

Another great OST is 'Inception' from the legendary Hans Zimmer.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
That is s great TG track love it !

Also rate these amongst my fave's ....

& the first one around 3 minutes in :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Reactions: Simon L
I prefer it over the *** but I wouldn't call the unit in the S3 "phenomenal".

Sound staging isn't the best, bass is a little muddy but it is good given it came with the Performance Pack we optioned.

The BOSE in my last TT was good however I think you should try listening to the B&O A4 system. I thought the Harman & Kardon setup was good in a beemer until I changed cars..

B&O everyday of the week.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and David83S3
How this thread has run to four pages I don't know. You only have to listen the *** and you'll have your answer... I've had to suffer it in my S3 for a year and half now. Lesson learnt as on my new TTS order, I have specced B&O! No brainer that one. *** isn't God awful, but it's hardly 'good' either IMO. If it was the standard set up in the car, I could forgive it, but as an 'upgrade' you're paying for, it is laughable really. If you are reading this and about to order your S3, get B&O! If you're tone deaf and only listen to Radio 4, *** will I am sure impress...

I am about to order my CH company car.

I have gone for the A3 S-line Saloon S-tronic, in Daytona, I had specified privacy glass, 5 twin spoke wheel upgrades and ***. These options bring me to my limit, however, I think if I swapped out the privacy glass, I could go for the B & O and I am into my music, what would you do if this was your choice (subjective I know)? If it were not a CH car, I would have tinted retrospectively, and gone straight for B & O, but because I cannot, I cannot decide what to do .

Well it seems I have experience of B&O, A3 and aftermarket privacy.

My late wife's 2015 A3 (non factory order) had standard Audi music which was rubbish, *** in my new A4 Avant Q barge is OK but the B&O in my RS3 is awesome in comparison to either. Have standard privacy in RS3 (factory order) but A4 (non factory order) didn't have privacy so for the first time hired a local company to fit it. Very professional and cheaper than factory and you would not know. Pretty sure it could be less durable with kids, luggage but if you are careful should be fine, apparently single window replacement film is about £50. So as above B&O every time!!

Reactions: quinna3saloon
I am about to order my CH company car.

I have gone for the A3 S-line Saloon S-tronic, in Daytona, I had specified privacy glass, 5 twin spoke wheel upgrades and ***. These options bring me to my limit, however, I think if I swapped out the privacy glass, I could go for the B & O and I am into my music, what would you do if this was your choice (subjective I know)? If it were not a CH car, I would have tinted retrospectively, and gone straight for B & O, but because I cannot, I cannot decide what to do .
B&O all the way, the standard system really is poor.

Reactions: quinna3saloon
I have the B&O and I can say that the sound quality is incredible. So crisp and clear sounding and the bass is awesome! A+++ as an eBay user would say :tearsofjoy:

I have the B&O and I can say that the sound quality is incredible. So crisp and clear sounding and the bass is awesome! A+++ as an eBay user would say :tearsofjoy:

It just seems to eat the volume increase as well, my ears genuinely felt like they had a pasting the other day after the drive back from Lincoln. Not felt like that since the rather large aftermarket sound system I had years back!

Reactions: Mark_86
It just seems to eat the volume increase as well, my ears genuinely felt like they had a pasting the other day after the drive back from Lincoln. Not felt like that since the rather large aftermarket sound system I had years back!
Agreed, top quality system all round :D

Reactions: Tom.H
Indeed, although mine seemed to loose it's bass this morning on the way to work. Settings were all correct in the 'sound' tab on MMI, so may have just been that track on the iPhone... Car is in to Audi next week anyway, so they can add that to the list if it's not lol

Reactions: The Kendragon and Tom.H
Having watched Dunkirk at the cinema and loving it I bought the soundtrack.

Definitely thumbs up for this, the bass in particular on the B&O system - wow! I almost thought I needed to turn the bass down.

Some interesting choices of music, probably not the best time to talk about my Banarama back catalogue. I save Dollar's greatest hits for special occasions.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
Some interesting choices of music, probably not the best time to talk about my Banarama back catalogue. I save Dollar's greatest hits for special occasions.

Your that old........lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Your that old........lol

The 80s is by far the best decade for decent music. 70s + 90s is ok and anything mainstream from 2000 onwards is just noise.

Yes, understanding the correct use of 'Your' and 'You're' must come with advancing years :blow:

Reactions: Phutters, Audi Bairn, Reggieboy71 and 1 other person
I have the Audi sound system in my s3 hatch

And its fine.... but thats it!

I had a A5 cab as a loner for a week and it had the B&O.......... **** me its amazing!

Buy buy buy buy buy buy!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
The 80s is by far the best decade for decent music. 70s + 90s is ok and anything mainstream from 2000 onwards is just noise.

Yes, understanding the correct use of 'Your' and 'You're' must come with advancing years :blow:

Midge Your..... Lol

Am I the only one who thing the Bis disappointed in the way the B&O's sound?

I think it is very harsh sounding and the music seems lifeless. The bass is too tight and doesn't blend into the music nicely. The system is too bright for my taste. I've had Harman Kardon and Bose systems in my previous cars and I much prefer them to this one. The only thing I love is their styling and how loud they go! It's like being on a rolling club!

That being said If the Audi sound system sound like the one in the Q3 then just save your money and get that instead. Not worth the premium in my opinion.

I have only sampled B&O in the B8 A4 I had as a courtesy car and I found it to be very disappointing and it certainly didn't compare to the 9 speaker non sub Sony set up in the Focus MK3 I had also at the time.

I have Bose in the A3 Convertible which is good enough if a little flat compared to the excelent 12 Speaker Sony in the Mondeo MK5.

Ultimately it depends what sound your after, I'm past the days of thumping bass!

I really think that on the facelift A3, B&O is inferior to the Audi Sound System. It is indeed very harsh and there's something weird with bass causing lower bass tones to be overly present and upper bass tones are virtually inaudible. I'm disappointed in mine and wish I had gone for the Audi Sound System instead.

Reactions: drummerdimitri
not A3, but on the b9 S4 the B&O is the best sound system i've ever had. miles above the bose in my TT or the B&O in the A5 conv.
the quality of the system really does vary on the model.