Bang & Olufsen or Audi Sound System

If you can't hear it, don't go looking for it ;)

Once you hear it, you can't un-hear it !!

Reactions: Snibo
The *** is a red herring - the fault lies in the B&O MOST amp under the seat, which the *** doesn't have.

I think the *** symptoms referred to in other threads were other faults - there is another issue with the 5F unit which causes distortion, and swapping this unit out does cure it (on non B&O cars).

Last edited:
In the Cabriolet you must have the B&O option.

I was at some traffic lights the other day when this S3 tootled up alongside.
Listening to some right rubbish tunes he was.

As I had the roof down, I could hear it so had to turn mine up to drown him out.
Despite trying the "volume game" he lost. I then left him standing at the lights.

My advice: Go for the B&O as you have the Cabriolet.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Ultron
In the Cabriolet you must have the B&O option.

I was at some traffic lights the other day when this S3 tootled up alongside.
Listening to some right rubbish tunes he was.

As I had the roof down, I could hear it so had to turn mine up to drown him out.
Despite trying the "volume game" he lost. I then left him standing at the lights.

My advice: Go for the B&O as you have the Cabriolet.
Nice....like it ye posing git...lol....roof down in November.....Quality..lol

Reactions: Simon L and Audi Ultron
Nice....like it ye posing git...lol....roof down in November.....Quality..lol
Agreed! Now that is dedication I must say, do you have the head-level heating by any chance Snibo? As I think I'd freeze to death! :cold:

Reactions: Simon L, WarwickL and Jassyo06
Agreed! Now that is dedication I must say, do you have the head-level heating by any chance Snibo? As I think I'd freeze to death! :cold:

I've got a boneo to pick with you!! Why did you go and put that Top Gun Soundtrack up for??..............downloaded it and been blaring it out all day!! :)

........only problem is it makes me wanna put it into sport mode and take off like a ****** F-14!!! lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Audi Ultron, David83S3 and 1 other person
I've got a boneo to pick with you!! Why did you go and put that Top Gun Soundtrack up for??..............downloaded it and been blaring it out all day!! :)

........only problem is it makes me wanna put it into sport mode and take off like a ****** F-14!!! lol
Ha, well I'll take that as a compliment then Simon, but be warned as there's plenty more where that came from! :)

Funnily enough, the Top Gun Soundtrack was one of the first things I had going on the B&O when I got the car. It makes me drive faster!
It is unfortunate however that the car is not fitted with the F-14 weaponry, it would be quite handy to remove morons from the road.

Reactions: Jassyo06, David83S3, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Ha, well I'll take that as a compliment then Simon, but be warned as there's plenty more where that came from! :)

Funnily enough, the Top Gun Soundtrack was one of the first things I had going on the B&O when I got the car. It makes me drive faster!
It is unfortunate however that the car is not fitted with the F-14 weaponry, it would be quite handy to remove morons from the road.

Keep them coming............definitely on the same page where music's concerned :)

Yeah, I agree a couple of exocets would be dead handy in the morning rush....................

Reactions: Audi Ultron
Top Gun is a classic ost for sure :)

Some classic albums back in the 80's with pop songs for music scores.

Trying to think of some others with lyrics but Top Gun was quite unique in that way.

Tell you a good Mr Cruise OST if you can find a copy and that's Days of Thunder ... now that does make you wanna drive faster and sounds great through the B&O too ! ... Oh and I mean the ost not the pop song version so the Hans Zimmer score.

If you like action scores like The Dark Knight and TDKR then I can thoroughly recommend The Rock ... it's a great thumping score that one by Harry Gregson Williams.

Reactions: Audi Ultron and Simon L
Top Gun is a classic ost for sure :)

Some classic albums back in the 80's with pop songs for music scores.

Trying to think of some others with lyrics but Top Gun was quite unique in that way.

Tell you a good Mr Cruise OST if you can find a copy and that's Days of Thunder ... now that does make you wanna drive faster and sounds great through the B&O too ! ... Oh and I mean the ost not the pop song version so the Hans Zimmer score.

If you like action scores like The Dark Knight and TDKR then I can thoroughly recommend The Rock ... it's a great thumping score that one.

Like all of those....................and I'm seeing a bit of mutual appreciation in the film department with some us too!!

Oh gawd, if we start on films this thread could get very big................!! ;)

Reactions: Audi Ultron, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
It does sound like a few of us share the ost passion :)

Kenny loggins.... Footloose TG.....

Kevin Bacon looked about 12 in that film....................unfortunately something I shared with him in my younger days. Was still getting asked for ID in my early twenties!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Audi Ultron and Jassyo06
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Audi Ultron and Jassyo06
Gave Journey's greatest hits a wee go early this morning,really well produced music,only bumped into there soft rock ballads a few years ago,also dire straits hits money for nothing/romeo and juliet sounds awesome not into music that much but them songs deserve 25 on the volume control lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
Yep, definitely like Journey mate and quite a few other AOR bands from that era............especially Toto! Never seen them live unfortunately, but seen Steve Lukather (their guitarist) .............awesome!! :)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Funny that. I've got the Top Gun soundtrack in my S4 too

Wonder if they'll REALLY make the Top Gun 2 movie ?
http://www.crossmap.com/news/top-gu...or-misunderstanding-top-gun-2-rumored-t-22772
Best left alone l think
Yep, definitely like Journey mate and quite a few other AOR bands from that era............especially Toto! Never seen them live unfortunately, but seen Steve Lukather (their guitarist) .............awesome!! :)
AOR.... Now don't get too. Technical way poor jassy lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
Best left alone l think

AOR.... Now don't get too. Technical way poor jassy lol

Album orientated rock mate................. from that era, Journey, Boston, Chicago, Foreigner, Toto .........etc etc

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Album orientated rock mate................. from that era, Journey, Boston, Chicago, Foreigner, Toto .........etc etc
Was stuck with the. O mate lol,love all that soft rock music l thought the A stood for American lol everyday is a school day eh..lol

Reactions: Simon L
The A5 was one of the cars which I sat in to try out the B&O when I was ordering my car, the A3 I test drove had the *** fitted.

The loudest I've had the B&O so far in my A3 is around the 30 mark, I thought stuff was only supposed to go up-to 11? :highly amused:

In terms of epic soundtrack stuff, another composer I'd recommend is Thomas Bergersen and his 'Illusions' & 'Sun' albums.
One of the best tracks from 'Sun' is 'Final Frontier' which was used on the Interstellar film trailer.

I love anything to do with space and I play this very loud on the B&O. :)

Just had a listen. Downloaded! Thanks

A great modern day ost may have skipped u see the radar but I think a lot of you guys would love it is ....

DREDD

By Paul Leonard Morgan

It's a real pulsing pounding score - quite unique - but sounds ace - and will seriously give your B&O a workout .. especially the sub !

Reactions: David83S3, Simon L and Audi Ultron
A great modern day ost may have skipped u see the radar but I think a lot of you guys would love it is ....

DREDD

By Paul Leonard Morgan

It's a real pulsing pounding score - quite unique - but sounds ace - and will seriously give your B&O a workout .. especially the sub !
Cheers for that mate as it's one I haven't got, will check it out. :)

Another couple of OSTs I would recommend are 'The Lord The Rings' and 'Star Trek' (Rebooted Franchise) by Michael Giacchino.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, David83S3 and Simon L
With your young ears I reckon you should keep it below 20 personally! I'm a bit mutton courtesy of some outrageously loud gigs in me younger days (well I still go to loads but they have much stricter decibel restrictions than they used to!) but even I rarely go more than 20 :)

What!! only 20, I was up at 37 the other day. Guns and Roses- Sweet Child of Mine:rock:

2nd the gigs years ago. Motorhead Newcastle City Hall, early 80's loud loud loud

I have B&O sound system in my S4 which comes standard as part of the Black Edition pack, which I have

I have the same 14 speaker system as you A3/S3 guys but I'm a bit down on brochure quoted wattage
A3/S3 - 705w
A4/S4 - 505w

& I don't get the fancy front speaker lighting either

BUT I didn't have to pay £750 for the luxury :p

My point? Having always had minimum Audi sound system I will always have the B&O in any further Audi's I may purchase in the future

The difference for this old dawg is quite noticeably better

BH, give me the lower wattage, better sound stage, better subwoofer from the A4.
The A3 may have a better headline wattage figure but it's not a patch on the B8 A4.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
What!! only 20, I was up at 37 the other day. Guns and Roses- Sweet Child of Mine:rock:

2nd the gigs years ago. Motorhead Newcastle City Hall, early 80's loud loud loud

Yeah pretty sure a geordie mate at work said Motorhead were the loudest he'd ever seen.............have a feeling one of their gigs was officially given that rather dubious honour!!

I think it was Judas Priest at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1983 that did my hearing the most mischief!! lol

Reactions: David83S3
Loudest gig... now there's a question!

I think probably Amon Amarth for me in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember exactly when!)

The A5 was one of the cars which I sat in to try out the B&O when I was ordering my car, the A3 I test drove had the *** fitted.

The loudest I've had the B&O so far in my A3 is around the 30 mark, I thought stuff was only supposed to go up-to 11? :highly amused:

In terms of epic soundtrack stuff, another composer I'd recommend is Thomas Bergersen and his 'Illusions' & 'Sun' albums.
One of the best tracks from 'Sun' is 'Final Frontier' which was used on the Interstellar film trailer.

I love anything to do with space and I play this very loud on the B&O. :)

Brilliant album - thanks for that. Playing it at home atm and the quality through our humble system is fantastic (Denon x2000 teamed to an SVS PB12NSD and middle range 5.1 system).

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Audi Ultron
No worries and glad to help, some of these albums I came across purely by accident and I've been hooked ever since. :)

One of my favourites from the 'Illusions' album (the predecessor to 'Sun') is a track called 'Immortal':

'Illusions' has more vocal stuff than 'Sun' and it was one of the first albums which brought me to this genre, other than the OST stuff of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodfella74, WarwickL and Simon L
Cheers for that mate as it's one I haven't got, will check it out. :)

Another couple of OSTs I would recommend are 'The Lord The Rings' and 'Star Trek' (Rebooted Franchise) by Michael Giacchino.

Got the Star Trek reboot mate and #2 the latest film has some great tracks.

Jurrasic world on the way to work this morning. .......and also downloaded Daftpunk Random Access Memories .....WOW! forgot how much i love that album. Also downloaded high quality copies of Mad Max OST ....Gravity OST !!

Happy Friday Peeps !!!!!

Reactions: veeeight, Simon L, Audi Ultron and 1 other person
Yep, gotta love Enigma that went straight on the USB stick @ Day 1 :)

So where did your fondness for electronic/soundtrack based music stem from?

For me, probably Tangerine Dream from the very early albums. Still love that stuff today ;)

.......oh and War of the Worlds which my Mum introduced me to!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Audi Ultron
Obscured by Clouds started it for me. I love Skrillex as well. Heavy metal. Sonic Youth early stuff. Old classics. Varied tastes but avoid pop and blues with a vengeance :)

Yep, gotta love Enigma that went straight on the USB stick @ Day 1 :)

So where did your fondness for electronic/soundtrack based music stem from?

For me, probably Tangerine Dream from the very early albums. Still love that stuff today ;)

.......oh and War of the Worlds which my Mum introduced me to!!

Tangerine Dream are ace too .... one of my fave 'obscure' OST is from an early Tommy Lee Jones film - and I'll be impressed if you know it lol ....

The Park is Mine

Great score by TD, who also did dare I mention it Street Hawk, but the music is great :)

Tangerine Dream are ace too .... one of my fave 'obscure' OST is from an early Tommy Lee Jones film - and I'll be impressed if you know it lol ....

The Park is Mine

Great score by TD, who also did dare I mention it Street Hawk, but the music is great :)

I'd be surprised if there's anything by TD I haven't heard :)

............one of my favourites of theirs which was just a magical mix with the on screen 'action'................ ;)

Reactions: Audi Ultron and Snake Pliskin