Bang & Olufsen lighting

Hi guys!

Thanks for your input!

@michelhaudia38v : yes, its too much to "transplant" the orig. strip from an 2nd front panel to the rear panel. The orig. strip looks like hard glass, and is not smooth like the other strips.
My strip, coming from "leds-and-more.de" looks exactly like the strips from your ebay-link.
https://www.leds-and-more.de/catalo...p-1938.html?osCsid=5fhkts78355jcornqet7poa8j0
Not homogen, crispy like air bubbels inside.
Ok, maybe it is only a picture on ebay, and in real it is different!?
What was the problem with your tested 5NA947220A strip? You wrote it was not good enough? You testet it with cutoff the Passat LED-Modul and with the orig. Audi LED-Modul, correct?

@gsrsilver : on page 2, you show 2 pics. OK the first looks little bit blue (i think this made the camera), and the second pics looks for me perfect! What exactly did you use? Also the Passat OEM strip 5NA947220A? Complete with Passat LED-Module, or modified (cut) with orig. Audi LED-Module? I ask, because @michelhaudia38v wrote in an other post, he tried the 5NA947220A and that was is not so good!? But your 2nd pics in this thread on page 2 looks great and like orig.!

Also the pics coming from @Rob2k68 looks very very good and orig.!
Also this pic here, coming from @T-1000 looks very good! https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b-o-ambient-lightning.422572/

thanks for additional input!

regards
Gecko

Last edited:
I was searching like you for a way to do the rear b&o lightning and some other lights through the car. Also tried the Passat fiber but concluded that it might be of better use somewhere else in the car instead of in the b&o speakers because it had about the same effect (not really more efficient iirc) as a (cheap)Ali/Ebay fiber. So I ordered one more time the one @T-1000 mentioned and used that for the speakers.

The Passat one I ordered came with the rgb-led, (useless for me) so tried it with the same led as the b&O-led which I think are not really powerful.
I was and still am in search for a solution for illuminating the trim above the glovebox because I have the illuminated ones in the doors. I thought the Passat one would be great for that. But the purpose of this fiber is to put this in sight, its not designed for indirect lighting like the one in the doors.
I concluded that the white of the (b&O)led in combination with the white of the outside of the Passat-fiber is just not powerful enough and not the same white colour as the door trims. So still trying, and that's my story with the Passat led thing.

I even bought a hard plastic light pipe from an Audi A6 doorcard and the corresponding led but that was also disappointing.

Problem with these light retrofits is also , that pics don't really show how its in real life

Reactions: Gecko_8V and 8YARWY
thanks @michelhaudia38v !
OK, but which one (exactly!) you bought from ebay (suggested from @T-1000)? Can you show me the direct link and the name of the dealer? Did you bought 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm? Orig., i think, there are 3mm installed (when i measure the pipe from the LED-Module).
@T-1000 , please can you (!?) send me the direct link to ebay offer of the strip?

I was wondering that @gsrsilver recommend at first the Passat 5NA..... strip!?

thanks gain!

regards
Gecko

Sorry gecko , but I checked my mails and found out that the "shop" at Ali where I bought it does not exist anymore :(
There are numerous in providers in china, just read the reviews and take a guess, I think...

3mm i'm sure

thanks @michelhaudia38v !
OK, but which one (exactly!) you bought from ebay (suggested from @T-1000)? Can you show me the direct link and the name of the dealer? Did you bought 2mm, 2.5mm or 3mm? Orig., i think, there are 3mm installed (when i measure the pipe from the LED-Module).
@T-1000 , please can you (!?) send me the direct link to ebay offer of the strip?

I was wondering that @gsrsilver recommend at first the Passat 5NA..... strip!?

thanks gain!

regards
Gecko

The listing isn’t there anymore.

There are other listings for 3mm Side glow Fibre optic cables on eBay though if you search.

There are 4mm ones too but I can’t remember if the 4mm fits in the space as it’s been 4 years now since I did the retrofit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to bump on this thread:

The J926 (rear door modules) T16i connector pinout is as following for the A3 8V:
1 - Door handle
2 - Window regulator buttons
3 - Ambient light (shared with B&O?)
4 - ?
5 - ?
6 - ?
7 - ?
8 - ?
9 - Window regulator buttons
10 - Locking buttons
11 - Locking buttons
12 - Entry/warning light
13 - Ground
14 - ?
15 - ?
16 - ?

Could it be that the B&O light would be mapped to any of the unused pins (marked with a question mark) rather than being shared with the ambient light pin? The front doors also have them separated, yet the controls aren't (there's just door lighting in the MMI).

Last edited:
Took the ground path from the puddle light module and routed the control/power wire along the puddle light harness to pin 3.

The 2nd image is pre soldering. Afterwards I heated up the heat shrink and covered it all up using fire retardant tape. Looks almost as if it was like that from the factory!

Attachments

• IMG_20230127_105326_1.jpg
    IMG_20230127_105326_1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20230127_122456_1.jpg
    IMG_20230127_122456_1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20230127_123711_1.jpg
    IMG_20230127_123711_1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 81