Bang & Olufsen lighting

Hi, i also use that LED 5NA94...... and an 2.5mm flex fiber tube. I don't know why but that bright is too low. hmm maybee need an old not useable door panel with B&O light and strip that down to see what is in there.

To bring ambient to run i sit a lot of moments in and search for the right coding and adapting. I was so sure that it must be possible to run because the pins and coding option was there.

Yea B&O was the most time needing retrofit i done yet.

Already tried pulling out the fiber tube from an old b&O door, the fiber just broke its not flexible at all. i ordered this one on the photo last week. Other member Iarbel came with this and fixed it in the Alutrim above the glovebox believe it’s used in the new Passat or Tiguan for the panoroof Hope to use this in the b&o speakers
AAC53F54 0FBF 4525 86E4 E45338CFA0FB

Reactions: sebstar
Uuhhh.
Can you Show me an link to That?
That is looking much much better Than my!

Sorry i was wrong. I used am other partnumber.
On That Picture is the Number 5NA....?

Yes please let us know. Hopefull That your Order is a Final solution.

I used in Moment That led Modul 8V0947356 with an optic Fiber flex side glow Tube with 2.5 mm dia.

Hi everybody,

Can anyone tell which fibre optic tube works best for illuminating the rear B&O speakers?
tried some side-glow fibre from aliexpress but this didn't glow enough.
tried the Tiguan / Passat fibre from volkswagen this also didn't glowed enough
I use the same led module as the ones in the front door cards

maybe rob2k68 or gsrsilver can shed some led light on this matter?

Reactions: pburv
Try placing a @ symbol in front of member names and double clicking as that will direct members to your post:icon thumright:
eg @Rob2k68 and @gsrsilver

Already tried pulling out the fiber tube from an old b&O door, the fiber just broke its not flexible at all. i ordered this one on the photo last week. Other member Iarbel came with this and fixed it in the Alutrim above the glovebox believe it’s used in the new Passat or Tiguan for the panoroof Hope to use this in the b&o speakers
View attachment 197861

Has anyone used these in the rear to illuminate the B&O grills yet?

Has anyone used these in the rear to illuminate the B&O grills yet?

Just buy the side illuminated LED tube listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: L1ARR
Iirc it was 3mm Side glow similar to these

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/231917439525

After having the bits for several months, yesterday I actually got around to completing the fitting of the rear speaker illumination, thanks to @T-1000 for suggesting this fibre optic cable, previously tried a couple of others from ebay which weren't very good, but found this cable to be the best of the bunch.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Hello, do you know which pin in door module is used for B&O led stripe?

Audi A3 8V

Hello, do you know which pin in door module is used for B&O led stripe?

Audi A3 8V

I take it you are referring to the rear door, if so then there doesn't appear to be a pin assigned for the rear speaker illumination, although a member on here found a way to do it (look earlier in this thread). If you have ambient lighting then the feed can be taken off the door handle light, this is the way I done it and seems to be the most popular method. Reading through all this thread will probably answer all your questions.

Reactions: Naim
I take it you are referring to the rear door, if so then there doesn't appear to be a pin assigned for the rear speaker illumination, although a member on here found a way to do it (look earlier in this thread). If you have ambient lighting then the feed can be taken off the door handle light, this is the way I done it and seems to be the most popular method. Reading through all this thread will probably answer all your questions.

No, I’m asking for front doors. I want to use that power source to retrofit ambient light and to have control on MMI.

Audi A3 8V

If you need some help when you're working on it , let me know. I am sure it can be done with obdeleven, unless there are differences with the doormodules or some hardware, but since it worked in test mode....
So I finally am getting around to doing this I have a copy of the PDF in German is there a step by step in English anywhere as I have only an OBD eleven at the moment I am struggling ..... Thanks

So I finally am getting around to doing this I have a copy of the PDF in German is there a step by step in English anywhere as I have only an OBD eleven at the moment I am struggling ..... Thanks

Ask @michelhaudia38v , from a previous post he said he would translate.

@michelhaudia38v Do you happen to have the translated instructions for coding the read door modules for the rear B&O lighting ... I only have access to an OBDeleven at the moment and am struggling . At the moment I have the strips paired with the B&O and the live going to pin 3 on the door module I did this all about a year ago and I just removed on of the rear door cards to confirm .

I think I have everything I have added the rear 2 door modules to my list and have ambient lighting turned on they work if I run a test and have the door dimmer in the MMI
Be great if you could help =)

Feeling guilty I was already working on it :

I only have Obdeleven and jumped in my history of Adaptions of 09 central electronics what I did back then:
So in 09 i made adaption in "vw modus" don't know why , I think just secured access would also do.
press "adaptions"

there search for "interior light, light configuration" , within this change the following:

ambiente_applikationleisten_in_tuertafel
new value : installed

Then one step back and search for" int.light, 2nd generation", within this change the following:

Farbausgabe Tuertafelbeleuchtung nicht berechnen
new value: not active

Helligkeit Tuertafelbeleuchtung nicht berechnen
new value: not active

Tuertafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig
new value : not active

That should do it , its been a while since I did it, I will check the pdf and the German instructions again in case I missed something

Keep in mind that you have to open and close the doors and swivel the dimmer wheel to make it alive the first time ...

@michelhaudia38v Do you happen to have the translated instructions for coding the read door modules for the rear B&O lighting ... I only have access to an OBDeleven at the moment and am struggling . At the moment I have the strips paired with the B&O and the live going to pin 3 on the door module I did this all about a year ago and I just removed on of the rear door cards to confirm .

I think I have everything I have added the rear 2 door modules to my list and have ambient lighting turned on they work if I run a test and have the door dimmer in the MMI
Be great if you could help =)

This was exactly the same situation when I did this coding , front over the B&O and the rear ambient strips on the pin and working in test mode . Dimmers available in the mmi

also find this one , its in long coding of 09 byte 17
Don't know if its important, since the only one that is checked, are the panel lights. The other ones are also present and working in my car....
IMG 1634

also find this one , its in long coding of 09 byte 17
Don't know if its important, since the only one that is checked, are the panel lights. The other ones are also present and working in my car....
View attachment 203456
See I am very confused now.

If I in theory plug in the rear led lights in the corresponding pins I used for the front two doors, and enable the lighting via OBDEleven it should work correct?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

You should be able to code the rear modules to be able to use led lighting and use the same pins as the front doors.

After having the bits for several months, yesterday I actually got around to completing the fitting of the rear speaker illumination, thanks to @T-1000 for suggesting this fibre optic cable, previously tried a couple of others from ebay which weren't very good, but found this cable to be the best of the bunch.
What is the equivalent for those of us in the states?

Those fiber optic lights are white correct?

What is the equivalent for those of us in the states?

Those fiber optic lights are white correct?

Plenty of eBay options for Side glow LED at 3mm.

Lol since when was this your ‘research’ @Boj27
11c53d95cd889edcd129da558db91a70.jpg

eb451ad734f46a67658054dff31fb9b8.jpg

I think you owe all your ‘research’ to @Rob2k68 don’t you seeming as you practically pinched all his info on it.

dc71d04b283a23c6583640d79eba528c.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hello!

Please, can anyone write down the perfect sideglow stripes for B&O grills in the back doors?
@Rob2k68 and @gsrsilver @T-1000 , you have the best solution, but are they also avaliable today? On ebay, there is a big offer, but i do not know, if they works perfect as yours.
I bought the 3mm from "leds-and-more", but without mounting it in the door and only a freeair check shows a poor result. Not bright, crispy, the first 5cm brighter than the rest, and an color-change to yellow after 10cm for 5 cm. I use the orig. LED-module which is in the front.

Please help me.

@michelhaudia38v , did you find the perfect stripes? You searched also a lot of time.
@deepy , you got stripes from @T-1000? Or did he gave you a exact hint and link, which one you should buy?

thanks to all!

Last edited:
Hi Gecko,

The problem with your question lies in that word “perfect”. I’ve tried several side glow fibers, but kinda gave up. The last one i used was, recommended by T-1000, was the best of all. Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibre-Op...1-1-5-2-2-5-3mm-Dia-Light-Guide-/231917439525

The result was best described as : i can live with it

Its just nearly oem, not the perfect overal equal illuminated glow.

I tried pulling the original light emitting plastic piece from a spare b&o front doorcard I have , but this broke. I think you have to dismantle al the layers of the doorcard , then with a heat gun reform the lightpipe for the rear speakers . Then getting that in the rear speakers without breaking it. Too much work

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Gecko_8V
Hello!

Please, can anyone write down the perfect sideglow stripes for B&O grills in the back doors?
@Rob2k68 and @gsrsilver @T-1000 , you have the best solution, but are they also avaliable today? On ebay, there is a big offer, but i do not know, if they works perfect as yours.
I bought the 3mm from "leds-and-more", but without mounting it in the door and only a freeair check shows a poor result. Not bright, crispy, the first 5cm brighter than the rest, and an color-change to yellow after 10cm for 5 cm. I use the orig. LED-module which is in the front.

Please help me.

@michelhaudia38v , did you find the perfect stripes? You searched also a lot of time.
@deepy , you got stripes from @T-1000? Or did he gave you a exact hint and link, which one you should buy?

thanks to all!
Use this oem strip from passat 5NA947220A

Reactions: Gecko_8V
Hello!

Please help me.

thanks to all!
Use this oem strip from passat 5NA947220A